PDA

View Full Version : Rental boat, Case a beer & knuckel heads

2Driver
03-06-2006, 09:41 AM
So my son and I are on the dock at Lake Pleasant waiting for Wes to show in the Trident. It's 9:30AM and here come 5, well let's just say the gene pool wasn't kind to them, people heading for the boat rental counter. They are already drinking an looked like it was not the first one of the day.
They rent a 22' open bow, then go into the ship's store and grab a case of beer for the 5 of them. The boat rental guy now assists them to the boat and helps them load up! WTF! :rolleyes: I didnÂ’t see anyone who looked like they were going to be the designated driver to me or have much of a boating sense.
I know we all party on the water. Personally I limit it to 2 for the day if I am driving or none on a busy weekend and wait until the day is done. But I just donÂ’t get allowing most likely inexperienced boaters to rent a fairly decent size boat, have already been drinking and send them on their way with a bunch more alcohol :220v: F'n rental company taking a chance on knuckle heads at our risk to make a buck

Jyruiz
03-06-2006, 10:22 AM
That sucks.

nodigg
03-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Probably a group of ***boat Forum lurkers!

Jordy
03-06-2006, 10:37 AM
I didn't know that Bill and Shelly were out here this weekend. :D
Gotta love rental boats. I steer very clear of those numbskulls, although if I was smart I'd just rent a boat when I wanted to go play. It would be cheaper, especially if something broke. Perhaps they're onto something. :D :D :D
p.s. Sorry we missed you guys out there. Wes experienced some technical difficulties and was running a bit behind his intended schedule. I think, after the experience he had yesterday, that we wouldn't have to twist his arm too hard to get him back out here later in the season and show him what really happens on Pleasant. ;)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
03-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Hey, the Knuckleheads were in Ocotillo with us this weekend. :D Must have been some other knuckleheads. :rollside:

2Driver
03-06-2006, 10:46 AM
p.s. Sorry we missed you guys out there. Wes experienced some technical difficulties and was running a bit behind his intended schedule. I think, after the experience he had yesterday, that we wouldn't have to twist his arm too hard to get him back out here later in the season and show him what really happens on Pleasant. ;)
Me too. I was looking forward to looking over Wes's machine and finally meeting up with you as well. After 2 hours on that Dock we called it off. The Kid had fun running on the dock and my wife never needs an excuse to take the plane up so all was not lost.
She got an aerial shot of 2Driver and mini 2diver on the Dock (wood portion of the dock) waiving at Mom int he plane. So where did Dad's fun come in :cry:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/3347DSC_0204_A.jpg