PDA

View Full Version : 455 Olds, OEM plumbing

SinisterGrin
12-05-2007, 09:25 AM
I think this is the only motor so far that makes me scratch my head continuously lol. Got a guy with a 455 olds jet in a 74 Tahiti and its got the old school square manifolds, usually i'm takin these things off, not puttin em on. Any body have any diagrams of stock plumbing? Do they plumb just like the logs? Did they preheat the water? Customer wants EXACTLY oem. I hate the 455. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Jetaholic
12-05-2007, 06:37 PM
I think this is the only motor so far that makes me scratch my head continuously lol. Got a guy with a 455 olds jet in a 74 Tahiti and its got the old school square manifolds, usually i'm takin these things off, not puttin em on. Any body have any diagrams of stock plumbing? Do they plumb just like the logs? Did they preheat the water? Customer wants EXACTLY oem. I hate the 455. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.
My boat used to have those exact same ones when it had an Olds in it, and no those logs don't preheat the water. If I remember correctly the water enters the motor first, then the thermostat dumps run into the front fitting on the logs. The water runs through the logs, up into the risers, then gets dumped overboard.