PDA

View Full Version : Cancun...

EmpirE231
12-05-2007, 05:29 PM
el dorado royale?? anyone ever stayed there?? so far seems to be my top pick for honeymoon spot. seems to be spaced far away from all the hotspots / spring break crowd... which I want... for the honeymoon:D anyone?:idea:

EmpirE231
12-05-2007, 05:31 PM
http://www.eldoradosparesorts.com/doradoroyal/index.php

EmpirE231
12-06-2007, 09:00 AM
BUMP :)

gmocnik
12-06-2007, 09:26 AM
we did this one:
http://www.palaceresorts.com/Resorts/AventuraSpaPalace/Index.asp
great time...good food, etc.
the adult only, all inclusive, is the way to go...nice thing about this resort was you also had privledges at the other "palace" resports...a free bus ride for the day and you could experience the other places...
one comment about the "jungle" locations......bring the bug spray.....
enjoy

AZKC
12-06-2007, 09:58 AM
We stayed at the Moon Palace and it was nice, but cking out the Eldorado it looks pretty nice also. must be kinda new never had heard of it:)

AZKC
12-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Hidden Beach Resort gets a vote also:devil: :eek: :D

Magic34
12-06-2007, 10:18 AM
el dorado royale?? anyone ever stayed there?? so far seems to be my top pick for honeymoon spot. seems to be spaced far away from all the hotspots / spring break crowd... which I want... for the honeymoon:D anyone?:idea:
Yes, Playa Del Carmen.
I just sent all of my top producers (about 25 people) there last March. I could not make it becuase my wife was 7 months preggo.
From all of the comments, I can give you a good description of what they liked and did not like.
First thing is that you need to see the conceirge of your tower you are in. They will help set up your whole week with dinners, etc. If you dont do this, you may not get to eat where you want to.
The food was decent which is what I have found throughout Mexico. Never had great food in mexico, but decent and I have had horrible. The Moon Palace was horrible food for me personally.
Your ride will be about 45 mintues or so from Cancun. The roads are good becuase many are new to that area.
The grounds to the hotel are huge and really spaced out. It is a hike to get many places and it was a complaint that I had on the trip. The larger the hotel, the more people that will be there so sometimes there may be a crowd, but this one was dead. It was the last weekend of March. You'll have to catch a golf cart shuttle to get around becuase the grounds were so large.
The pictures on the internet do a fair job of showing the hotel. The water in the ocean was too rough to swim in back in March.
I suggest the Dreams resort in Puerto Vallarta.
We have done the Dreams resort in Puerto Vallarta a few times now and are going back there this March. It is a smaller hotel. I am not a fan of Mexico at all, neither is my wife, but we love going to the Dreams resort. If you get a Junior suite, they have jacuzzis on the balcony of each room and each room is very close to the ocean with big sliding doors. you can sleep with the glass wide open listening to the ocean if you like. The food there is good, and the restaurants are all differently nice. There is an adult pool and a main pool.
If you walk out of your room, go down the elevators, you are on the beach within 1 minute from almost any room. It is in its own little cove and there are no other hotels next to it, so the beach is like a private beach. I have never seen the beach busy there and it is a very nice soft sand beach. The ocean water on the Pacific side is too cold for me to get in. The hotel is far away from all the hotels that are lined side by side.
About 5 of my top producers are from Hawaii and they prefer the Dreams over the El Dorado.
I have a great agent that does all of this for us, so if you go, I suggest using him. he knows how to set it up perfectly and you wont need a thing once you get there. Definitely worth the few extra bucks it may cost for his service, trust me on this one. Please let me know if you would like his info, he is out of Texas.

flatties forever
12-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Akumal-- Two hours south of Cancun. Rent a really cool house right on the beach. Amazing and cheap. Rental car is biggest part of whole deal. Great food nearby, great snorkeling 20 feet from door.
Check out Loco Gringo.com. Casa Palapa was house we rented. Absolute 10!!! Couln't get better for honeymoon or any trip period. IMO.
Check it out.

EmpirE231
12-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Yes, Playa Del Carmen.
I just sent all of my top producers (about 25 people) there last March. I could not make it becuase my wife was 7 months preggo.
From all of the comments, I can give you a good description of what they liked and did not like.
First thing is that you need to see the conceirge of your tower you are in. They will help set up your whole week with dinners, etc. If you dont do this, you may not get to eat where you want to.
The food was decent which is what I have found throughout Mexico. Never had great food in mexico, but decent and I have had horrible. The Moon Palace was horrible food for me personally.
Your ride will be about 45 mintues or so from Cancun. The roads are good becuase many are new to that area.
The grounds to the hotel are huge and really spaced out. It is a hike to get many places and it was a complaint that I had on the trip. The larger the hotel, the more people that will be there so sometimes there may be a crowd, but this one was dead. It was the last weekend of March. You'll have to catch a golf cart shuttle to get around becuase the grounds were so large.
The pictures on the internet do a fair job of showing the hotel. The water in the ocean was too rough to swim in back in March.
I suggest the Dreams resort in Puerto Vallarta.
We have done the Dreams resort in Puerto Vallarta a few times now and are going back there this March. It is a smaller hotel. I am not a fan of Mexico at all, neither is my wife, but we love going to the Dreams resort. If you get a Junior suite, they have jacuzzis on the balcony of each room and each room is very close to the ocean with big sliding doors. you can sleep with the glass wide open listening to the ocean if you like. The food there is good, and the restaurants are all differently nice. There is an adult pool and a main pool.
If you walk out of your room, go down the elevators, you are on the beach within 1 minute from almost any room. It is in its own little cove and there are no other hotels next to it, so the beach is like a private beach. I have never seen the beach busy there and it is a very nice soft sand beach. The ocean water on the Pacific side is too cold for me to get in. The hotel is far away from all the hotels that are lined side by side.
About 5 of my top producers are from Hawaii and they prefer the Dreams over the El Dorado.
I have a great agent that does all of this for us, so if you go, I suggest using him. he knows how to set it up perfectly and you wont need a thing once you get there. Definitely worth the few extra bucks it may cost for his service, trust me on this one. Please let me know if you would like his info, he is out of Texas.
I kinda like the fact that it is so huge... no crowds. we want to get away and relax. did they have any complaints about service or drinks? or activities? I am planning on staying in the swim up casitas... any feedback on those??
thanks for the help :D

EmpirE231
12-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Akumal-- Two hours south of Cancun. Rent a really cool house right on the beach. Amazing and cheap. Rental car is biggest part of whole deal. Great food nearby, great snorkeling 20 feet from door.
Check out Loco Gringo.com. Casa Palapa was house we rented. Absolute 10!!! Couln't get better for honeymoon or any trip period. IMO.
Check it out.
how are the beaches? and how do you get to the place from the hotel? is it tough to get around? (cops etc) are there activities, or do you just find your own?

flatties forever
12-06-2007, 02:00 PM
how are the beaches? and how do you get to the place from the hotel? is it tough to get around? (cops etc) are there activities, or do you just find your own?
Beautiful sand beaches (raked nightly by house staff so you don't even have to walk around an errant piece of sea weed)
As to getting there. Fly into Cancun. Rent car. Drive two hours (you pass through Playa del Carmen on the way). Several places to drive (5 minutes) for good dinners. Other than that we mostly ate at the house and sipped cerveza.
House care taker is a guy named "Pillo". He lives next door. He is super cool. For a few bucks, he'll take you fishing in his boat (22 ft w/ 90 HP wacker), then cook your catch later that day on the 'cue. Best fish (grouper) I've ever eaten. Holy crap. We hung around the house and snorkled most days. I mean a 30 ft walk and your swimming. Sand is 3 ft from slider door of house. House has kayaks as well, that were bitchen on the one day the wind blew.. Surf kayaks and drunk ass crashes were great! Tulum (mayan ruins) about 1 hour away that were o.k. to see. If you go, Talk to Pillo about setting up the tour of Sian kaan (SP??or something like that) It's one of two nature reserves in Mexico. You float through canals that link cenotes (lakes that are full of underground water). It was the Mayan trade route back in the day. Boats floated from one area to another. I kid you not, the most amazing place I've ever been. Floating through this canal in the middle of a jungle at about 7 mph, just looking at fish (tarpon and a bunch of stuff I had no clue about). Get back in the boat when you want a beer, then jump back in and float some more. We are going back next year and taking the kids. We snorkled once at Cozumel. It was nicer, but the crowd was kinda hectic. Akumal had about 80% of the snorkling with zero crowd.
About me. Gotta be honest. I like people but crowds really start to bug me. Cruise ships and all inclusives aren't my style. If you wanna party like the sand bar, this ain't it. Relaxing, chillin', snorkling, kayaking, was what this place is about.
Any place in mexico is good. Go where your personality is suited best. Congrats on the marriage!

Magic34
12-06-2007, 02:42 PM
I kinda like the fact that it is so huge... no crowds. we want to get away and relax. did they have any complaints about service or drinks? or activities? I am planning on staying in the swim up casitas... any feedback on those??
thanks for the help :D
I was going to get one of those rooms if we went, it sounded killer on the site.
No real complaints except for that everything was far away and if you didn't have reservations for a restaurant, you weren't eating there. If you do go there, talk to your conceirge as soon as you arrive to schedule things.
Everyone who had been to the Dreams and went to the El Dorado, preferred the Dreams over it.
The Dreams was just a more relaxed and easy going feeling. Doesn't feel like a tourist hotel.

Magic34
12-06-2007, 02:48 PM
I have a few pics from the Dreams I will post, just need to resize first. Check back tonight or tomorrow morning and I will post them all up here for you.
This was the view from our room, there are 2 towers. The tower in the distance is the other one and there are rocks behind us. The hotel is the only thing on this beach. No outside visitors.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44619&stc=1&d=1196981215
I will post more later.

Fast Freddy
12-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Magic34. i will be taking a trip to puerto vallarta next year, so if you have any more pix please do post them. also if anybody has any more info on activities to do or places to see in puerto vallarta please do tell me.

Magic34
12-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Magic34. i will be taking a trip to puerto vallarta next year, so if you have any more pix please do post them. also if anybody has any more info on activities to do or places to see in puerto vallarta please do tell me.
I have a few more, just need to resize them. Check back tomorrow morning and I will post them.

Magic34
12-06-2007, 10:48 PM
More from the Dreams in PV.
Balcony of room.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44668&stc=1&d=1197009961
Bedroom, taking picture from in front of sofa. The rooms feel very open especially with the entire wall facing the ocean being glass.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44669&stc=1&d=1197009990
View from bed.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44670&stc=1&d=1197010095

Fast Freddy
12-06-2007, 11:42 PM
my wife and i are going there for our 10 year anniversary come 2009......
thanx 4 the pix

Magic34
12-07-2007, 05:16 AM
I have a few pics from the Dreams I will post, just need to resize first. Check back tonight or tomorrow morning and I will post them all up here for you.
This was the view from our room, there are 2 towers. The tower in the distance is the other one and there are rocks behind us. The hotel is the only thing on this beach. No outside visitors.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44619&stc=1&d=1196981215
I will post more later.
You can see from this picture that in the far distance is where all the other hotels are that are side by side on the beach.

Magic34
12-07-2007, 05:22 AM
And if you go fishing with Bruno, bring the catch back and the cooks at the seafood restaurant will cook it for you. :)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44672&stc=1&d=1197033708