PDA

View Full Version : prop swap??

Skaterfast
04-30-2002, 10:03 AM
Anybody know when propswap.com is going to be working again.Their site has been down for a while.
Any other sites please??

Spirit of Discovery
05-01-2002, 01:09 PM
Unless he sold it, Ron Miller who owned Prop Swap, closed it down a couple of years ago. well....maybe a year ago. I heard rumors that he sold it but no confirmation. I think it was a great concept.

gnarley
05-01-2002, 01:16 PM
It was bought by Hill marine or Chad Hill Propellers (CHP) it seems to be up from time to time but they ruined the site and you cannot try a prop anymore before you buy it. Beware I bought a prop last year that was wrong & was told if it was unused I could return it. They did not return phone calls or emails so I finally shipped it back demanding my refund and they still would not refund even though they had the goods signed for on UPS for over 2 months! I finally had to dispute it and have my credit card Co go after them! I did get my money back, so beware.

Skaterfast
05-02-2002, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

VitaminSea
05-03-2002, 09:15 AM
Hill Propellers and CHP are not the same. I have known Joel with Hill for 4 to 5 years and he has always treated me right. I would suspect the problems you had were with CHP?

gnarley
05-06-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by VitaminSea:
Hill Propellers and CHP are not the same. I have known Joel with Hill for 4 to 5 years and he has always treated me right. I would suspect the problems you had were with CHP?
Well from what I have seen they do appear to be the same when I do a search and on their sites. Hill propellers comes up as chadhillpropellers.com when you do a search & chadhillpropellers is CHP and CHP is the owner of propswap.com. If you have a different business for Hill propellers please post it if I am wrong. But from what I see I am not. They may do good work but I felt their business ethics were not above the board and they DID NOT do whatever it took to make this customer happy! So again I will say beware.

Spirit of Discovery
05-07-2002, 03:23 PM
There are two "Hill" propeller companys. Hill Propelllers may also be known as Bronson-Hill Propellers. This is where Joel is. They do a LOT of work for the different Pacific Offshore boys. I understand that they are VERY reputable. My dealings with them have been very good. The other is Chad Hill Propellers (CHP). I have never had any dealings with them. I do not hear good things, but I can't say either way.

MirRoc
05-08-2002, 03:19 PM
Joel did some work for me and i was very happy with the work
also he has a cool looking stensil on the prop!

Skaterfast
05-08-2002, 03:38 PM
For the record:
Two companies,Chad Hill Props and Hill Props.
Hill Props was originaly owned by Chad Hill's father who sold it to Byron.
A few years after selling Chad Hill Started his own company,Chad Hill Props.