PDA

View Full Version : Rhino's

Cigalert
12-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Where to buy?
I already tried Mission Motorsports in Irvine last night. The dude was the president of Douchebags Local 133 wearing his blinged out wedding band (FYI, if you're a dude with rocks in your band you need to rethink your gender preference. It's like bragging about having soft hands.) I asked about Rhino's, he left to get literature for my wife to peruse and came back with a Polaris paphlet and said "hollar if you need anything". We left. Any other ideas?

havaduner
12-06-2007, 07:58 AM
I've dealt with Art Wood, at Montclair Motorsports. He's taken good care of me, I have bought two from him.(909)946-8488

Garrddogg
12-06-2007, 08:02 AM
make it up to montclair..they will take good care of you..

jdogginla
12-06-2007, 08:03 AM
There are alot of nice used ones for sale with minimal use....

Mattman
12-06-2007, 08:16 AM
So much for savin' yer money!!:devil:

wright27
12-06-2007, 08:18 AM
I know L.A. Yamaha and Hahm Motorstports both have price match, and they will pretty much be the lowest price anyways.

Cigalert
12-06-2007, 08:29 AM
So much for savin' yer money!!:devil:
I am saving it. I'm not buying a $135k boat. DOH!

UltraStealth
12-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Check out this URL as a starting point for price's OTD and Yamaha of Marina Del Rey. For a Blue 700 SE it is 12K out the door. These prices are usually pretty close to cost. When I bought my Raptor 700 GYTR, I compared these prices with dealership I bought mine from. They were the same and I paid cost for mine.
http://www.otdyamaha.com/yamaha.htm

shippingguy
12-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Check out this URL as a starting point for price's OTD and Yamaha of Marina Del Rey. For a Blue 700 SE it is 12K out the door. These prices are usually pretty close to cost. When I bought my Raptor 700 GYTR, I compared these prices with dealership I bought mine from. They were the same and I paid cost for mine.
http://www.otdyamaha.com/yamaha.htm
I second this. Great prices on all bikes etc. www.otdcyclesports.com will work as well.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-06-2007, 03:48 PM
one day :confused:

bohica
12-06-2007, 03:50 PM
I've dealt with Art Wood, at Montclair Motorsports. He's taken good care of me, I have bought two from him.(909)946-8488
I'll 2nd Art at Montclair Motorsports. Tell him you want the Funco discount.:D

boatnam2
12-06-2007, 03:55 PM
otd cycles did not have any SE's last week when i checked,i have a silver se with tires rims seat belts with 15 hours and never in the sand i will make a great deal on.I dont plan on using it due to some family issues.

Hustler
12-06-2007, 03:58 PM
otd cycles did not have any SE's last week when i checked,i have a silver se with tires rims seat belts with 15 hours and never in the sand i will make a great deal on.I dont plan on using it due to some family issues.
Deal huh? How about a 30 pack for down payment and a 30 pack every week till summer starts? I cant afford your summer drinking habits:D

me4drvr
12-06-2007, 03:59 PM
I was at Chapparel a couple weeks ago and they had some... might be a little bit of a drive for you though, but I know that they always match a good deal... Custom Motorsports in Riverside has some nice pre-customized ones ready to roll from 15k-20k....

HMF'er
12-06-2007, 10:31 PM
I was at Montclair Yamaha last night. It seems they just received a shipment of Rhinos, several colors. Talk to ART.

BLOWN HOWARD
12-06-2007, 10:42 PM
My buddy is driving up to Henderson NV tommorow to pick one up its a 660 2007 and its 9300 otd. Seems like a good deal to me.

LOWRIVER2
12-06-2007, 10:46 PM
74 motorsports in Temecula did great deals last year on eight rhinos in our group. Worth a phone call.

sigepmock
12-07-2007, 07:24 AM
I was at Montclair Yamaha last night. It seems they just received a shipment of Rhinos, several colors. Talk to ART.
I'll third or fourth Art at Montclair. Good honest guy with great customer service.
Chris Mock

Johnwithjm
12-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Redrocket and myself just bought two rhinos at Alba action sports in Poway. Ask for Scott he gave us the hookup with great service. It is worth the drive. 858-486-4380

Jordy
12-07-2007, 07:49 AM
What is your idea of a great deal??? The offer that Hustler put up seems pretty fair. :D

Johnwithjm
12-07-2007, 07:51 AM
otd cycles did not have any SE's last week when i checked,i have a silver se with tires rims seat belts with 15 hours and never in the sand i will make a great deal on.I dont plan on using it due to some family issues.Yes lets hear you idea of a great deal?

N2dezracer
12-07-2007, 09:42 PM
just throwin this out there but temecula motorsports just got 12 red 700s in last night and we need to make them go away. give me a call,(951)-698 -4123 and no, im not a salesman. i run the service dept but if you see me i"ll work the sales mgr for you the best i can. we also do customs if you choose.

Baja Big Dog
12-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Do not use Hahm, they are a bunch of a-holes, there service is a fricken joke!!
And Charpperal is not any better....:mad:

Cigalert
12-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Do not use Hahm, they are a bunch of a-holes, there service is a fricken joke!!
And Charpperal is not any better....:mad:
I went against your judgement and decided to stopped by Hahm today since they're about 10 minutes from my work. I already got a quote from OTD and wanted something to compare it to.
I've been pretty f'n cranky lately so I'll try to keep this shorter than my time spent there.
Walked in at 1:00pm. Grabbed a sales guy and walked his happy ass over to the rhino's. Started asking questions and he answered them properly (comforting to know someone knows a little about what they are selling). I asked for the price on the base 700 with the red body. He said let me go check but it's about $15k. I chuckled and said "go ask your sales manager".
He came back almost 20 minutes later and asked "have you been given another price". "why of course...I do my homework". He said well we can do the Blue 700 SE for $12.5K. "but I didn't ask for a price on the blue se....what is the price on the red one we already discussed?". He said "oh chit, let me go check....oh and one more thing, do you want to fill out a credit app?". To which I calmly replied "I want to buy a rhino. If I have to pay cash, put it on a credit card or fill out a credit application will all be decided after I've been given a price".
He came back about 20 minutes later and said "that will be 11,499 OTD". So I had to ask "I thought you said it was $15k how did the price drop so much during your discussion with your sales manager". He replied "well, this is a good starting point is it not?". Me "that's your starting point?" Him "yeah we can start there and work numbers from there" Me again "but what's the base bottom price, not your starting point?". Tubby left again.
I made some business calls, called my wife and bs'd with a friend who's mother is real sick. I checked the time on my cell and noticed it was 2:20. I had been there an hour and 20 minutes and was still not given a price. The guy came back and said "what do you want your payments to be?" One to many straws on this camels back. "Sorry bro, I have to go home. If you get a price can you call me on my cell". He fought me about wanting to leave which made me more angry. Finally I asked to talk to the sales manager to inform him of my feelings at that point.
10 minutes later the sales manager comes walking towards me "I really want to make you happy...what happened that you want to leave right now". I said "I have to go home. I wake up at 3:00am everyday and wasn't expecting an hour and a half to get a price". He apoligized for the delay and said he only knew about the deal about 5 minutes before. I called bullshit because I watched the sales guy talk to him from the very first second he left my sight. He continued to deny any knowledge of the deal until the last few minutes so I said "I've wasted enough time waiting for a price and now I've resorted to arguing with the two of you. I know I'm being an asshole and yelling in your store right now but I've been here way too long to not get answers." The sales guy peaked over the managers shoulder and in his little vato voice shouted "so you never inteded on buying this today?". I snapped, seriously went spider monkey. I moved around the manager and yelled lots of repeated vulgaritys and then pointed at him and told the sales manager "this attitude is making me want to leave". The manager then asked "so you don't want a rhino". I said "I want a rhino....just not from you".
Eat my ass Hahm.
http://www.silverqueen.com/Silverplated%202004/coronation%20oval%20soup%20spoon.JPG
What the poo? I've walked into a car dealership and walked out with the keys in less than an hour, I bought my boat on the phone and I've survived the road to Hana. I had no fawkin idea buying a simple toy would be such a dickitch.
Next stop, LA Cyclesports or Montclair.

Havasu1986
12-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Did you try www.bertsmegamall.com They were the cheapest when I was looking.

Brewzed
12-12-2007, 04:51 PM
my buddy just bought an 08 700 greenie for $10,500 OTD at Corona Yamaha

catman-do
12-12-2007, 05:21 PM
HAHM- when I bought my last two bikes, they were both from there and I was out within an hour... They were the best price by over 100 from ANYWHERE else at that time. (This is the one in Anaheim, not newport) Couldnt say much about the rest of that place because I dont live near there so I dont ever go back for parts.
Montclair- To me this place was too expensive, and I used to hang out with Arts family. Still never had the best prices. BUT, the customer service there is good, and he does know his stuff in regards to the products being sold.

GABACHOS_LBC
12-12-2007, 06:23 PM
You won't be disappointed with Montclair. Art is a stand up guy and will treat you right.

riverfun
12-12-2007, 08:05 PM
When I bought mine in Jan. 07 I went on line to all the major dealers OTD cycle, Hamm, Del Amo Yamaha, Berts etc. about 6 of them. Told them exatly what I wanted and that I was ready to by now, all got back to me within 2 hrs. with OTD prices. Gave my CC# to hold one and picked it up the next morn. By far the best way to do it!

riverbound
12-12-2007, 08:31 PM
As some of you know I have been shopping new and used rhinos for the last 2 months now. I can say HANDS DOWN the best pricing I have found was Larry from Walt's in Havasu. I just picked up a fully done up Red700 (cage back seat, light bar, wheels, harnesses, etc..) for what most local guys wanted for a stocker. plus I drove it home from the dealer that day street legal. In the last month My friends and I have bought a total of 5 rhinos from them and a dirtbike. the only complaint I have is I didnt want a red one, but that was all they had, and when I make a decision, Im not very patient.

Chipster27
12-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Cig,
If you want to give Mission a try again I personally know the owner and the GM and the sales manager. I never deal with the sales guys. A buddy of mine was looking for a couple SeaDoos, got his best price, I called Misison for him and they matched it. Saved him the drive to LA.
PM me if you're interested and I'll help make the connection.
Chip

BOBALOO
12-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Hahm can suck my left nut! I went there to buy my wife a 700 Raptor and had a deal done,I thought.
After 2 hours they came back and told me the price would be 400$ more, and the one they had in stock was damaged. They would NOT price match OTD cyclesports. I had to almost fight to get my drivers license (credit app) back, walked out and never got a call back or anything. Dont get me started on Chapparral:mad:
F-U HAHM
As much as I dislike Berts I am close to them and they always match OTD. Cant get out of there under 1 1/2 hours though.

airchairmaster
12-13-2007, 07:49 AM
Yeah, I got mine a couple of months ago at Montclair Yamaha. Under sticker. Everyone there is cool. Going riding this weekend.

Cigalert
12-17-2007, 06:21 AM
A very special thanks to Chipster for leading this horse to the right water. He got me in contact with good people to say the least. I made a trip back to Mission Motorsports and got in contact with a sales guy name Devin. Awesome salesman, extremely honest and very informative. I got a 07 660 Blue SE, Custom front seats and rear bench, Harness', CDI, TPI 108 black wheels with 24" tires and 2" spacers . Their prices on the aftermarket stuff I got was stupid cheap. Other things like the K&N air filter was a little high. Sorry but I'm not paying 4 bills for that air filter. I didn't get rock bottom pricing and I know it. But after talking with the right people my experience with Mission was great.
The plastics are coming off tonight and getting painted flat black. The full cage is getting picked up today. Some fabrication and a little powder coating this thing will be ready to rock in a few weeks.
I want to go with the AFE air filter (I really like what AFE did for my tahoe), jet kit, exhaust and check out some long travel options (not sure if I want to kick down another 5g's right now). Any suggestions on what else makes or breaks a rhino? Sheave? Turbo? Where to start looking for insurance?

2forcefull
12-17-2007, 06:30 AM
(FYI, if you're a dude with rocks in your band you need to rethink your gender preference. It's like bragging about having soft hands.)
and here I allways thought it was nuts on your chin!!

OGShocker
12-17-2007, 06:30 AM
A very special thanks to Chipster for leading this horse to the right water. He got me in contact with good people to say the least. I made a trip back to Mission Motorsports and got in contact with a sales guy name Devin. Awesome salesman, extremely honest and very informative. I got a 07 660 Blue SE, Custom front seats and rear bench, Harness', CDI, TPI 108 black wheels with 24" tires and 2" spacers . Their prices on the aftermarket stuff I got was stupid cheap. Other things like the K&N air filter was a little high. Sorry but I'm not paying 4 bills for that air filter. I didn't get rock bottom pricing and I know it. But after talking with the right people my experience with Mission was great.
The plastics are coming off tonight and getting painted flat black. The full cage is getting picked up today. Some fabrication and a little powder coating this thing will be ready to rock in a few weeks.
I want to go with the AFE air filter (I really like what AFE did for my tahoe), jet kit, exhaust and check out some long travel options (not sure if I want to kick down another 5g's right now). Any suggestions on what else makes or breaks a rhino? Sheave? Turbo? Where to start looking for insurance?
I would share my opinions with you but, you wouldn't fukin listen. :D

Cigalert
12-17-2007, 06:53 AM
I would share my opinions with you but, you wouldn't fukin listen. :D
If I wouldn't "fukin" listen as you so delicately put it, then I probably wouldn't have posted the question.
Please share now that you've peaked my interest due to pointing out my lack of conversational skills. Or do you have rocks in your band?

OGShocker
12-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Any and all upgrades should be kept as simple as possible. I am not one to do heavy performance modifications to my toys. I figure there are a large number of Japanese Engineers who are working on a product who know far more about it than a bunch of "let's make it faster" wannabe's. I put a K&N filter and re-jetted ours and that is it.
Handling of your Rhino is a different story. These things are REAL tippy. To fix this problem I put rear offset wheels on ours. Two inch spacers might help even more. This does widen the Rhino to the point, it will NOT fit in the back of a "standard" pick-up.
For add-on's, we put a stereo, center console, backseat, roll cage and cooler rack. Our back seat is good for kids but makes the thing WAAAAY light in the front end if you put over 200 pounds of weight in the back.
For professional help I highly recommend,
Accessory House
5156 Holt Blvd, Montclair, CA
(909) 621-5953
My "You Don't Fukin Listen" was a JOKE hence the :D. It revolved around you asking for help in locating another dealer, then going back to the place that treated you so poorly the first time you visited them. I am glad you found the Rhino you wanted and hope to see you on the trail sometime.
OGS....out

Cole Trickle
12-17-2007, 11:10 AM
If your intrested I have a brand new R&D Rhino intake kit I would sell for $75.00:)

Cigalert
12-17-2007, 02:05 PM
My "You Don't Fukin Listen" was a JOKE hence the :D. It revolved around you asking for help in locating another dealer, then going back to the place that treated you so poorly the first time you visited them. I am glad you found the Rhino you wanted and hope to see you on the trail sometime.
OGS....out
Thanks for clearing that up. I'm know I'm an asshole for bitching about a place and then returning to purchase something. But after talking with the GM at Mission he made the warm and fuzzy feeling return. He asked about the saleman I first encountered and I tried explaining that I'm not the type of guy to go bitching in public about someone's business:jawdrop: After I explained what happened he was pretty good about fixing his problem. I understand because I have salesguys. I just wish I would get to explain myself to potential customers. I gave him a second chance and he made sure I didn't regret it.
Cole Trickle- Thanks but no thanks. I'm really leaning on that AFE cold air intake. That's a great price.

Brewzed
12-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Just drove my buddies new '08. what a difference from the old 660's. The new rear brakes are much better and they added a digital fuel gauge to the display panel.

Jordy
12-17-2007, 04:21 PM
the only complaint I have is I didnt want a red one.
Just wait a few weeks and sell it to Andy01... :D

Cole Trickle
12-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Just drove my buddies new '08. what a difference from the old 660's. The new rear brakes are much better and they added a digital fuel gauge to the display panel.
Did it feel faster than the carbed 660? I have read that it feels almost the same.
I imagine 4 wheels disc brakes would be nice
The digital gas gauge came out in 07:)

Brewzed
12-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Did it feel faster than the carbed 660? I have read that it feels almost the same.
I didn't know about the gas guage. It's defenitly pretty cool.
I never got it to top speed. Not much room to run around my office. I'd say it feels quicker than the carb and don't know about top end. I'm sure we'll be doing some racing New Years weekend.

OGShocker
12-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Brakes? Pussy!
:D:D:D

Jordy
12-17-2007, 05:16 PM
thank god i didn't have my trailer with me:)
So you're getting your trailer and going back tomorrow huh? :idea: :D

Jordy
12-17-2007, 05:26 PM
no! maybe:)
Gotta check with momma first??? You know, it's always easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission. :)

Cole Trickle
12-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Brakes? Pussy!
:D:D:D
nah.....mine broke along time ago so now I drive the Rhino like a boat:D:devil:

djunkie
12-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Ask Bill how fast the new motor is compared to mine. :D :D

Cole Trickle
12-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Ask Bill how fast the new motor is compared to mine. :D :D
Not really a fair comparison......
No CDI,intake,exhaust,cheave and Bill drives like a big pussy:eek: :D

djunkie
12-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Not really a fair comparison......
No CDI,intake,exhaust,cheave and Bill drives like a big pussy:eek: :D
Thats just it. Its gonna take all of that to make it as fast.

Cole Trickle
12-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Thats just it. Its gonna take all of that to make it as fast.
Shoot...if you beat him that bad imagine what mine would do to him:D;) :eek:

djunkie
12-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Shoot...if you beat him that bad imagine what mine would do to him:D;) :eek:
Nothing cause yours aint any faster than mine ya fag!!!!:D

Cole Trickle
12-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Nothing cause yours aint any faster than mine ya fag!!!!:D
Quicker no
Faster.......:D;)
I have a recolection of having to let off so I didn't nerf your slow ass rhino:eek: :devil:

djunkie
12-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Quicker no
Faster.......:D;)
I have a recolection of having to let off so I didn't nerf your slow ass rhino:eek: :devil:
And I have a few recolections of myself having to do the same. It all depends on whos clutch it shifting farther.

Cole Trickle
12-18-2007, 11:43 AM
And I have a few recolections of myself having to do the same. It all depends on whos clutch it shifting farther.
sure bud;)
Thanks for the Xmas card ya fag:)

djunkie
12-18-2007, 11:43 AM
sure bud;)
Thanks for the Xmas card ya fag:)
Thank the other half. She did it. I just paid for them. :rolleyes: :D

riverracerx
12-18-2007, 11:45 AM
get a room ya homos! :D

djunkie
12-18-2007, 11:57 AM
get a room ya homos! :D
Just go buy a Rhino would ya.........:D :D

Cole Trickle
12-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Just go buy a Rhino would ya.........:D :D
He is waiting for either the Fergie or Hannah Montanna special edition to be released before he heads to the dealer:D:jawdrop: :idea:

djunkie
12-18-2007, 12:00 PM
He is waiting for either the Fergie or Hannah Montanna special edition to be released before he heads to the dealer:D:jawdrop: :idea:
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: