PDA

View Full Version : For the LEO's

LOWRIVER2
12-07-2007, 01:01 AM
I take and dish out some around here, I found this and liked it, to all the LEO's, this one's for you:
WHEN GOD MADE COPS
When the Lord was creating cops, he was into his sixth day of overtime when an angel appeared and said, "You're doing a lot of fiddling around on this one."
And the Lord said, "Have you read the spec on this order? A peace officer has to be able to run five miles through alleys in the dark, scale walls, enter homes the health inspector wouldn't touch, and not wrinkle his uniform."
"He has to be able to sit in an undercover car all day on a stakeout, cover a homicide scene that night, canvass the neighborhood for witnesses, and testify in court the next day."
"He has to be in top physical condition at all times, running on black coffee and half-eaten meals.
And he has to have six pairs of hands."
The angel shook her head slowly and said, "Six pairs of hands... no way."
"It's not the hands that are causing me problems," said the Lord, "it's the three pairs of eyes an officer has to have."
"That's on the standard model?" asked the angel.
The Lord nodded. One pair that sees through a bulge in a pocket before he asks, "May I see what's in there, sir?" (When he already knows and wishes he'd taken that accounting job.) "Another pair here in the side of his head for his partners' safety. And another pair of eyes here in front that can look
reassuringly at a bleeding victim and say, 'You'll be all right ma'am,' when he knows it isn't so."
"Lord," said the angel, touching his sleeve, "rest and work on this tomorrow."
"I can't," said the Lord, "I already have a model that can talk a 250 pound drunk into a patrol car without incident and feed a family of five on a civil service paycheck."
The angel circled the model of the peace officer very slowly, "Can it think?" she asked.
"You bet," said the Lord. "It can tell you the elements of a hundred crimes; recite Miranda warnings in its sleep; detain, investigate, search, and arrest a gang member on the street in less time than it takes five learned judges to debate the legality of the stop ... and still it keeps its sense of humor. This officer also has phenomenal personal control. He can deal with crime scenes painted in hell, coax a confession from a child abuser, comfort a murder victim's family, and then read in the daily paper how law enforcement isn't sensitive to the rights of criminal suspects."
Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek of the peace officer. "There's a leak," she pronounced. "I told you that you were trying to put too much into this model."
"That's not a leak," said the lord, "it's a tear."
"What's the tear for?" asked the angel.
"It's for bottled-up emotions, for fallen comrades, for commitment to that funny piece of cloth called the American flag, for justice."
"You're a genius," said the angel.
The Lord looked somber. "I didn't put it there," he said.
Author Unknown

Ultracrazy
12-07-2007, 01:08 AM
So true........
Wait for the haters bro..........

LOWRIVER2
12-07-2007, 01:11 AM
I know, I figured the good of the message was worth the stones thrown.

Newcastle
12-07-2007, 01:13 AM
So true........
Yup...

frogII
12-07-2007, 06:41 AM
AMEN to that !!!!!!!!
brother in law is a cop and several friends
everyone of them super nice and respectful

justfloatn
12-07-2007, 07:57 AM
And the overpaid firemen get all the glory in this country..
When given the choice of entering a burning building to pull someone out or entering a house full of gun slinging gang bangers wanting you dead; the guy that chooses the burning building is put on a crystal pedestal.
I don't think it's fair.
Thanks Guys:D

ratso
12-07-2007, 08:05 AM
I know, I figured the good of the message was worth the stones thrown.
No stones here...;)

Keith E. Sayre
12-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Amen Gary! Hats off to all of you. It takes a special person to put on a vest
and stand in harms way every day. I'm glad you're there.
Great read Gary.

clownpuncher
12-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Nice. Really thought hard about that one didn't you.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/536tosser.gif
As for the original post......I like it. God Bless all y'all.;)

Dave C
12-07-2007, 08:38 AM
no stones here either......
when I hear the so-called media go on about police beatings the first question I ask is "did the perp. deserve it?".... I mean really.... most probably do! Not to say there aren't loose cannons out there but how many cops gotta die before public is gonna wise up? They are working on 2 officer murders in the city where the POS DA won't seek the death penalty:mad: :(
I've been watching alot of those court TV shows about the gang members and career criminals. Cops gotta deal with some dirt bag a-holes and SOME of them won't hesitate to take someone out.
It should be policy, resist then catch a beating.... if you bitch then you shouldn't have resisted in the first place

catman-do
12-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Very good post! Especially with me trying to become a cop right now, its nice to see that some people appreciate cops. When I etll most people I want to be a cop, they look at me blank and ask... "why?" with a stupid look on their face.

Hustler
12-07-2007, 10:03 AM
You cops are all the same:rolleyes: :D
How you doing LR?

little rowe boat
12-07-2007, 10:14 AM
When given the choice of entering a burning building to pull someone out or entering a house full of gun slinging gang bangers wanting you dead; the guy that chooses the burning building is put on a crystal pedestal.
I don't think it's fair.
Thanks Guys:D
They don't enter, they wait for swat to use tear gas, a few flashbangs then the fire department to come put the fire out that was started from the flashbangs and then they make the arrest.

RiverDave
12-07-2007, 10:32 AM
So true........
It's christmas time so we'll let this one slide.. ;)
(I gotta admit though I don't think I know one cop that can run 5 miles.. :D)
As for the "glory" post, it's just my opinion, but a job description doesn't make anyone a hero. Whether that be a firemen, cop, soldier or otherwise. Going above and beyond for others, without thought for ones own self preservation is the stuff that makes a hero.
RD

ratso
12-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Amen Gary! Hats off to all of you. It takes a special person to put on a vest
and stand in harms way every day. I'm glad you're there.
Great read Gary.
Judging by most of his posts, I don't think he needs a vest... the bullets just bounce off of his chest... :idea:
J/K LOWRIVER...:D

Not So Fast
12-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Good job Gary:D NSF

thatguy
12-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Don't taze me Bro. :eek:
Tommy
PS- Great story! Maybe a little self-validating, but all true.:)

coolchange
12-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Pretty true on some levels. My Son inlaw, brother in law, and best friend for 45 years are leo. I couldn't do what they do. Talkin the 250 #er into the car, thats my buddy, only the guy just committed battery, has a weapon, and is raging. When he gets done with him he puts the weapon down, is crying and saying he's sorry!

OGShocker
12-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Paging Racer277, Racer277 to the office, please! :D

Flyinbowtie
12-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks L.R., have not seen that one. I am gonna print it off.

Kilrtoy
12-07-2007, 12:50 PM
RD
Hi RD!!!!!!!!!!!
Gonna watch me run the L.A. Marathon this year

Baja Big Dog
12-07-2007, 02:32 PM
As for the "glory" post, it's just my opinion, but a job description doesn't make anyone a hero. Whether that be a firemen, cop, soldier or otherwise. Going above and beyond for others, without thought for ones own self preservation is the stuff that makes a hero.
RD
Very P.C.!!!:D
But I know what your thinking!!!;)

Jbb
12-07-2007, 02:37 PM
RD
Judging by most of his posts, I don't think he needs a vest... the bullets just bounce of his chest... :idea:
J/K LOWRIVER...:D
:p

RiverDave
12-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Hi RD!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you still a cop? I thought you quit and moved to havasu or something like that?
RD

hotlavey
12-07-2007, 07:32 PM
No stones here...;)
None here either- great post.

Riverkid
12-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Hi RD!!!!!!!!!!!
I bet my wife beats you... :D

ratso
12-08-2007, 06:58 AM