PDA

View Full Version : Trading commodities

livehavasu
03-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Has anyone here ever done any trading in Commodities and made money at it?
I am looking in to trying it. :confused:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
03-06-2006, 01:52 PM
are you looking at anything specific? and how much time do you have to commit to it?

ROZ
03-06-2006, 01:53 PM
I haven't, but an old work buddy did... he made about 75k , quite, and bought a pizza joint :)
Be paper traded for about a year, then went for it..

Mandelon
03-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Risky. Lots of full timers lose their asses. If you can lose what you use, and not miss it, go for it but don't get greedy.
bulls make money, bears make money but pigs get slaughtered....(Jim Cramer)

Red Horse
03-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Better know what you are doing that is for sure.

hottrodder
03-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Watch,listen and learn (http://www.chartingyourfutures.com/)

Ryphraph
03-06-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm sure that you are aware that more than the investment is at risk. In other words you can stand to be liable for significant loses over and above your buy-in...
Ryph

ThongMagnet
03-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Real Estate (location location, location), Certified Collector Cars, and forgien stocks will get your best return over the next 15 years.

NautiTwins
03-06-2006, 03:04 PM
PM me if you have any questions. I will try to point you in the right direction.

livehavasu
03-06-2006, 03:34 PM
are you looking at anything specific? and how much time do you have to commit to it?
I am looking at Sugar. It has been going through the roof. A friend of my wifes made $3500 in one day last week.

livehavasu
03-06-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm sure that you are aware that more than the investment is at risk. In other words you can stand to be liable for significant loses over and above your buy-in...
Ryph
Only if you buy a futures contract. If you buy an option you can only lose what you have put in.

2Driver
03-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Good luck. When ever I have a huge finacial decision to make I always ask a public forum that is centered on boating and partying :rolleyes: :rollside:

MagicMtnDan
03-06-2006, 05:06 PM
I am looking at Sugar. It has been going through the roof. A friend of my wifes made $3500 in one day last week.
My neighbor and his buddies have made a fortune in sugar. Seems that it's used for fuel too which has been driving up the price. But I don't know the first thing about commodities which means I won't jump in no matter how much they make. :boxed:

MagicMtnDan
03-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Good luck. When ever I have a huge finacial decision to make I always ask a public forum that is centered on boating and partying :rolleyes: :rollside:
Yeah, me too! :)

HighRoller
03-06-2006, 05:31 PM
One thing you have to remember is that the level of profit is directly proportional to the level of risk. In other words, anything volatile enough to make you 3500 in one day can also wipe you out in a heartbeat. IMO if you go out looking to "get rich quick" you'll get burned. The best way to get rich quick is to get rich slow...... :D

livehavasu
03-07-2006, 05:51 AM
I thought that I would get some opinions from fellow boaters (people I trust) Instead of a broker. You know why they call them brokers? Because they maker you broker.. :p

Old Texan
03-07-2006, 06:19 AM
Look over this site and check out he Forums
http://tfc-charts2.w2d.com/forum/

Jbb
03-07-2006, 06:25 AM
Browns got a couple of railroad cars full of pig snouts he's lookin to sell cheap....The guy on TV told him snouts was the key to financial security....

Tom Brown
03-07-2006, 06:43 AM
Browns got a couple of railroad cars full of pig snouts he's lookin to sell cheap.....
Oink! :D
... seriously, though. Trading commodities is among the best kept secrets in the financial sector. There's no better way to get rich overnight than trading commodities.
Like anything, you won't do as well if you're tentative. If you just want to fool around, go to the local pool. If you want to make money, capitalize yourself well and hit the market hard; the harder the better. Take a second, third, fourth... whatever on your house, get your trading account in order, and then start listening by the water cooler and on web sites like this for advice that will bring you the kind of success you could never dream of.
Don't be one of the people who listens to stories about someone else doing well. Be the one telling the storys. You only get out of life what you put into it. Chose your destiny and watch your future unfold. :cool:

Jbb
03-07-2006, 06:47 AM
Oink! :D
... seriously, though. Trading commodities is among the best kept secrets in the financial sector. There's no better way to get rich overnight than trading commodities.
Like anything, you won't do as well if you're tentative. If you just want to fool around, go to the local pool. If you want to make money, capitalize yourself well and hit the market hard; the harder the better. Take a second, third, fourth... whatever on your house, get your trading account in order, and then start listening by the water cooler and on web sites like this for advice that will bring you the kind of success you could never dream of.
Don't be one of the people who listens to stories about someone else doing well. Be the one telling the storys. You only get out of life what you put into it. Chose your destiny and watch your future unfold. :cool:
That being the case,why then,did you send all your money to that TV Evangelist?... :p

Tom Brown
03-07-2006, 06:51 AM
That being the case,why then,did you send all your money to that TV Evangelist?... :p
Hey... bullshit is a commodity too and I wanted to go way long on it.
Oh yeah... I'm holding. :cool:

Jbb
03-07-2006, 06:55 AM
Hey... bullshit is a commodity too and I wanted to go way long on it.
Oh yeah... I'm holding. :cool:
Tom Brown......Bran and Vision.......