PDA

View Full Version : Zeiman??????????

SOCALDETAIL1
12-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Passed by the Whittier factory today, looked empty? Did Trevor and the guys move??????

RiverToysJas
12-07-2007, 03:21 PM
My friend who lives in Whittier told me they were closing the Whittier factory. He said they were bought out by a larger company, who also bought Extreme.
That's what I heard anyway....
RTJas :D

havaduner
12-07-2007, 03:22 PM
I thought Zieman bought Extreme?

RiverToysJas
12-07-2007, 03:25 PM
I thought Zieman bought Extreme?
I heard another company bought both....but that wasn't from an offcial source....just what a friend of mine heard.

RiverToysJas
12-07-2007, 03:29 PM
I just asked Google, he knew all about it......The Facts..... (http://news.thomasnet.com/companystory/525123) ;)
Seem like Extreme was purchased for $1.3 million less than one year's annual sales. That seems like a good deal. Though I think the custom boating industry is going into some lean years here.....

SOCALDETAIL1
12-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Yea I didnt think so Zeiman has like 4 factories for different products, I was just wondering if they combined them? The Whittier plant has been there for years. PAGING RIVERDAVE info?????????????????

RiverDave
12-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Basically Rivertoys laid it out already.. Lippert bought Zieman awhile back, and they bought Extreme as well. The property that zieman was on was worth X amount of dollars.. A person that really wanted the property for a different business offered them up a VERY attractive offer so Lippert sold the property, and from what I understand brought all the mfg over to extreme and put the light line (jetski trailers etc..) stuff over to other mfg plants. Trevor is now in a sales position, and that's about all I know.
RD

SOCALDETAIL1
12-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Basically Rivertoys laid it out already.. Lippert bought Zieman awhile back, and they bought Extreme as well. The property that zieman was on was worth X amount of dollars.. A person that really wanted the property for a different business offered them up a VERY attractive offer so Lippert sold the property, and from what I understand brought all the mfg over to extreme and put the light line (jetski trailers etc..) stuff over to other mfg plants. Trevor is now in a sales position, and that's about all I know.
RD
Cool, Yea thats some nice property it sits on. Im thinking condos. Man its a shame some of those hangers were old :(