PDA

View Full Version : Dont plan on parking in the channel this weekend...

Throttle
12-07-2007, 04:13 PM
there is no beach, water level is high...
:idea:

CBadDad
12-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Is that what happens when it rains/snows up river? :D
What up Cam?

Jbb
12-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Our water level is ......a little low....:jawdrop:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44732&stc=1&d=1197074360

havaduner
12-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Damn, I was hoping if the weather was nice, maybe running the boat, having lunch at Javalina,instead, maybe a run to the springs?:idea:

shadow
12-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Tying my toon to the wall makes it easy to step right on top of the wall.:D
I heard today the water was way up.

DansBlown73Nordic
12-08-2007, 04:26 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44732&stc=1&d=1197074360
Really Really LOW!!!!!:eek:

73kona455
12-08-2007, 05:04 AM
Guess you dont have to worrry about your boat sinking like your jeep did byron...lol:D

RiverToysJas
12-08-2007, 06:19 AM
Looks like it's time to grab the metal detector and take a little walk. :idea:
RTJas :D

Throttle
12-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Tying my toon to the wall makes it easy to step right on top of the wall.:D
I heard today the water was way up.
the water was 12-20 inches deep against the wall in front of the agave, the point has a little sand showing.

GHT
12-08-2007, 08:37 AM
the water was 12-20 inches deep against the wall in front of the agave, the point has a little sand showing.
I've never heard of it being that high! Wow. Too bad they don't hang on to some of that water here at Lake Mead.. It is still WAY low.

Throttle
12-08-2007, 09:12 AM
I've never heard of it being that high! Wow. Too bad they don't hang on to some of that water here at Lake Mead.. It is still WAY low.
i am thinking parker is prolly dry as a bone

UltraBigDaddy
12-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Good Morning Throttle, new here... was that done on purpose for the parade, holding that much water? Any Pics of the water Level? Love to see that...
Hurst

Throttle
12-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Good Morning Throttle, new here... was that done on purpose for the parade, holding that much water? Any Pics of the water Level? Love to see that...
Hurst
Welcome to the mess here, I was going to get a couple snapshots for you guys but I was too lazy to walk back up to my truck to get my camera.
holding water so the channel was a bit deeper for the boat parade is something that crossed my mind too, however I dont really know. I do not recall it being a problem years before... :idea:

Keith E. Sayre
12-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Someone asked "is that what happens when it rains here?". No this is what
happens when the elected officials of our town authorize a wall to be built
too close to the water. I would submit that they don't really care if we can
park our boats in the channel or not but I won't because I don't want to be
considered a "basher". Oh, but then I don't give a ____ about being politically correct so, yes they did do it on purpose even though those
crusty old farts don't come down to the channel very often.
They'll still screw it up for everyone else. Kinda like the tree huggers.

Quest4Fun
12-08-2007, 11:15 AM
I don't understand this either, never could figure out why they put the wall where they did. We watched the boat parade last night from the L.B. Resort and I noticed there wasn't one boat parked in the channel, I guess they couldn't if they wanted to. I remember years back the parade route in the channel would be lined with boats, and people having campfires. Oh well, there were some nicely decorated boats though.

Not So Fast
12-08-2007, 12:18 PM
In all fairness the City of Lake Havasu has nada to do with the lake level. And I thought I heard in past years that if it was too high then the sail boats couldnt make it under the bridge, had to be below 448' or something like that:confused:
But Keith is correct, the wall is very "non boater friendly" and dont bring up the "HANDICAPPED ACCESS" cause it was obviously never given any thought:( NSF

Boatcop
12-08-2007, 12:31 PM
i am thinking parker is prolly dry as a bone
Yep. Parker is just a gravel bed. No water. It's all gone. And won't be coming back. So no need to come here. Go somewhere else. No boating, swimming, skiing, fishing or anything. The ramps have been dug up. The docks removed. The bars closed.
Thank you very much.
;) :D

RiverToysJas
12-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Yep. Parker is just a gravel bed. No water. It's all gone. And won't be coming back. So no need to come here. Go somewhere else. No boating, swimming, skiing, fishing or anything. The ramps have been dug up. The docks removed. The bars closed.
Thank you very much.
Same thing north of Topock, all the way past Needles. :rolleyes:
RTJas :D

Havasu1986
12-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Thank you very much.
I quess they won't be needed you then. :D Time to retire. ;)

Havasu1986
12-08-2007, 12:36 PM
I don't understand this either, never could figure out why they put the wall where they did. We watched the boat parade last night from the L.B. Resort and I noticed there wasn't one boat parked in the channel, I guess they couldn't if they wanted to. I remember years back the parade route in the channel would be lined with boats, and people having campfires. Oh well, there were some nicely decorated boats though.
I went both nites last year. Sat. was alot more crowded with lots of campfires. ;)

Boatcop
12-08-2007, 12:41 PM
I quess they won't be needed you then. :D Time to retire. ;)
Trading in the boats for a bunch of Quads, Rhinos and buggies. :D

HDF WATERDOG
12-08-2007, 12:57 PM
448 foot is about 50% of capacity of Lake Havasu. Somebody better start fiiling these dams just to store water if for no other reason. If nobody's noticed the tie rings in the wall, it'll be one boat per ring. No packing them side to side and no double parking. The Channel never was, is, or will be boater friendly. The people running the city see us as a burden and not a source of income. Just another newbies thoughts.

Boatcop
12-08-2007, 01:48 PM
448 foot is about 50% of capacity of Lake Havasu. Somebody better start fiiling these dams just to store water if for no other reason. If nobody's noticed the tie rings in the wall, it'll be one boat per ring. No packing them side to side and no double parking. The Channel never was, is, or will be boater friendly. The people running the city see us as a burden and not a source of income. Just another newbies thoughts.
Lake Havasu's 100% capacity is 450 feet. Today it's at 448.2. Far cry from 50%.
The rest of the lakes are at around 48% each. You can't fill them with what you don't have. Let's hope the winter is long, cold and wet in the Rockies.

Hardly Satisfied
12-08-2007, 07:03 PM
I don't think we will, sitting at home geting ready to watch the fight.