PDA

View Full Version : F*ck Freeway Insurance...

uLtRADeNniS
12-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Done EVER go through them for auto insurance!
I was using that broker for 4 years before I found out I could save a ton with Mercury. Anyways.. this last September I purchased a new truck. I took it to freeway, paid the $400 down payment and was on my way. The next day I found out I can get better coverage with Mercury for almost half the price. So I call Freeway and say I would like to cancel my policy through Western United please refund me, because the policy effective date wasn't for a few days. 3 days later I receive a cancellation notice from them but no check!:mad:
So I call them and ask what there deal is.. they respond "Sorry sir but we can't refund that because its a broker fee." I went back and forth with the manager and the guy wouldn't give me shiat. So I say fine, Im still money ahead with Mercury. So I go sign up with Mercury.
Fast forward one month. I get my 1st bill form freeway. WTF?!?!
I call and they say we still have you covered. I say umm no I have a notice of cancellation dated a month ago. Im not paying you shit. So two weeks later I get a call at 6am from there collections dept saying I have 1 week to pay it plus fees or they are reporting me to the district attorney.:mad: So I of course I pay it ($260) because I don;t want my credit screwed up. I asked for a receipt of payment and a letter stating that there is NO balance left due on the account. My next phone call is to the dept of Insurance to try and get some of this money back. <----This process sucks d*ck!
So time goes by and the pain in my asshole goes away til today....
I get a statement in the mail from Western United. Apparently I owe them a $116??? I called and explained how all of this was covered in my payment to Freeway and I should not be billed, please go after them for the money. The girl on the phone gets really nasty with me and says no sir they were YOUR broker and you must pay us now and go after them for what ever you want to. WTF is the point of having a broker?? So know I have to pay another $116 or I get sent to collections. I focking hate these people!!!! Thats a grand total of $776 for coverage that was NEVER used.:mad: :mad: :mad:
..Oh and by the way.. I love Mercury and would recommend them to anyone. They just sent me a 2008 puppy dog calender in the mail today too!:D

rrrr
12-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Where have you been? We haven't seen a drama post from you in weeks!!
:D :D

uLtRADeNniS
12-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Where have you been? We haven't seen a drama post from you in weeks!!
:D :D
No drama... just a venting. :D
..in fact I don't make hate posts that often;) :)

uLtRADeNniS
12-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Never buy insurance from a company that advertises on Power 106. :D
They do?
That brings up a question... Whats with AIS? Anyone get burned by them?

RaceFace
12-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I got drilled by Freeway years ago! I had a K1500 Z-71 Chevy truck and they insured it as a C1500 (2wd). When I called them out on it immediately, it took 3 months for them to figure it out, they corrected the mistake and doubled my insurance...and said its because of the 4WD.....THEN to make matters worse, no matter what I did, they would NOT report my truck as insured to my credit union, which in turn, my credit union kept threatening me with "forced insurance". This was a monthly ordeal that I dealt with for a year because I knew it would have been a nightmare to try to get a refund from them (and they were still the cheapest for me at the time). I've been with Mercury ever since!!!!

voodoomedman
12-07-2007, 08:39 PM
I was with Mercury until a few months ago when I switched to State Farm. Never a problem with Mercury and would use them again if I had to.

OCMerrill
12-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Puppy Dog calendar...WTF
Lets review.....
I have everything insured with Mercury.
2500HD
Yukon
Jeep
House
Motorhome
Commercial:
3 Boxtrucks
I DID NOT get a puppy calendar. The bills I get though. No problem there.
Freaking bastards. :mad: :mad:
:D
Best prices in town if you don't mind doing business with Aliens.:)

RaceFace
12-07-2007, 10:09 PM
The only thing that pisses me off about Mercury is we HAD our homeowners insurance through them too. My house backs up to Reilly Wilderness Park, and after all the brush fires in So Cal a year and a half ago, they would NOT renew my insurance because of the wilderness park. I have never had a claim or any issues with anything. They sent me (and a load of other people who back up to wilderness areas) that due to "fire risk", we are not "allowed" to renew our insurance....and "thanks for the business". We have the required clearance around our properties and our house has stucco'd eves which is supposed to help when flames are licking up the side of the house...the wood under the cement roofing tiles doesn't catch fire. My dad, an LA County Firefighter for 30 years even took a good look at my place and said we should be ok. Even 3 of my neighbors are OC Firefighters in the same boat....yet Mercury wouldn't send anyone out or even hear anything about our situation. Game over in their book. :mad:

Riomouse911
12-07-2007, 10:47 PM
I've been with Allstate so long without a claim no one else can beat their rates for me. With 3 cars, 1 truck, 1 travel trailer, and the house. Before I was first married I did use a fly by night brokerage once about 18-19 years ago.. they, too were a rip.

cdog
12-07-2007, 10:50 PM
I had to get AZ car insurance today. Called all over and got quotes. Ended up with progressive. I know liberal douche bags own the company but I'm not paying $800 extra a year to prove a point.
I was with Mercury and called them today to cancel. The guy said I only have 10 days left on my policy so I should just let it run out. He said the cancellation fee would eat up any refund. So I pressed on how much the fee would be out of my $58 credit. Turns out I'm getting $12.00 back. He argued with me a little and I let him know that I'll expect my 12 dollar check. What's with these screw balls?

Mountainstone
12-08-2007, 02:26 AM
Until recently, I ran a class for new Air Force members to Hill AFB (I am currently stationed in South Korea). I interacted with just under a thousand in the course of three years; these young people come from every corner of our country as well as a few others. They all arrive with auto insurance from different companies. One of the things I insist upon is that all of them open the yellow pages and call at least five different companies to receive insurance quotes. With very rare exceptions, most wind up switching to USAA insurance due to much lower costs and much better customer service (ranked #1 of any American company in Businessweek magazine a few months back). I have had them for years and am repeatedly impressed by them. I'd recommend making that free call to get a quote, or going to their website.
Standard disclaimer: I do not work for USAA or receive any compensation from them, nor did I push anyone to use them. Their performance speaks for itself.

OCMerrill
12-08-2007, 07:05 AM
The only thing that pisses me off about Mercury is we HAD our homeowners insurance through them too. My house backs up to Reilly Wilderness Park, and after all the brush fires in So Cal a year and a half ago, they would NOT renew my insurance because of the wilderness park. I have never had a claim or any issues with anything. They sent me (and a load of other people who back up to wilderness areas) that due to "fire risk", we are not "allowed" to renew our insurance....and "thanks for the business". We have the required clearance around our properties and our house has stucco'd eves which is supposed to help when flames are licking up the side of the house...the wood under the cement roofing tiles doesn't catch fire. My dad, an LA County Firefighter for 30 years even took a good look at my place and said we should be ok. Even 3 of my neighbors are OC Firefighters in the same boat....yet Mercury wouldn't send anyone out or even hear anything about our situation. Game over in their book. :mad:
We are a street down from Olympiad and within 500 feet of wilderness (if you call it that) and are charged an extra $300 a year for that. I tried to beat it again this year and just could not due to all the multi car-policy discounts they apply.
Sucks they just bailed on you though. :mad:

ratso
12-08-2007, 07:43 AM
Done EVER go through them for auto insurance!
I was using that broker for 4 years before I found out I could save a ton with Mercury. Anyways.. this last September I purchased a new truck. I took it to freeway, paid the $400 down payment and was on my way. The next day I found out I can get better coverage with Mercury for almost half the price. So I call Freeway and say I would like to cancel my policy through Western United please refund me, because the policy effective date wasn't for a few days. 3 days later I receive a cancellation notice from them but no check!:mad:
So I call them and ask what there deal is.. they respond "Sorry sir but we can't refund that because its a broker fee." I went back and forth with the manager and the guy wouldn't give me shiat. So I say fine, Im still money ahead with Mercury. So I go sign up with Mercury.
Fast forward one month. I get my 1st bill form freeway. WTF?!?!
I call and they say we still have you covered. I say umm no I have a notice of cancellation dated a month ago. Im not paying you shit. So two weeks later I get a call at 6am from there collections dept saying I have 1 week to pay it plus fees or they are reporting me to the district attorney.:mad: So I of course I pay it ($260) because I don;t want my credit screwed up. I asked for a receipt of payment and a letter stating that there is NO balance left due on the account. My next phone call is to the dept of Insurance to try and get some of this money back. <----This process sucks d*ck!
So time goes by and the pain in my asshole goes away til today....
I get a statement in the mail from Western United. Apparently I owe them a $116??? I called and explained how all of this was covered in my payment to Freeway and I should not be billed, please go after them for the money. The girl on the phone gets really nasty with me and says no sir they were YOUR broker and you must pay us now and go after them for what ever you want to. WTF is the point of having a broker?? So know I have to pay another $116 or I get sent to collections. I focking hate these people!!!! Thats a grand total of $776 for coverage that was NEVER used.:mad: :mad: :mad:
..Oh and by the way.. I love Mercury and would recommend them to anyone. They just sent me a 2008 puppy dog calender in the mail today too!:D
Just pay up and quit bitchin' :D