PDA

View Full Version : Met John Wooden last night...

AirtimeLavey
12-08-2007, 01:26 PM
at 97, he's still sharp and a hell of a man. I just hope to live to 97, let alone be as sharp as he is. Went to the JW Benefit dinner. Also met Raefer Johnson, Jim Hill, Jamal Wilks, Ben Howlan, and others. Awesome evening, hearing stories about JW and hearing him speak. Was very friendly to speak with on a personal level as well.

AirtimeLavey
12-08-2007, 01:55 PM
JW Classic is on HD NET right now, Directv 79. UCLA plays Davidson next.
Good stuff. :D

AirtimeLavey
12-08-2007, 02:06 PM
In HD obviously. HD Net owns the exclusive HD rights to this tourney.
John Wooden's granddaughter, Kim, was my gf in the 4th and 5th grade. :D I met him several times, although I didn't really know who he was until I was a little older. This was during his glory days, 1974-1975.
Cool. Funny how sometimes you don't realize when you're so close to greatness.
You should be watching on KCAL 9! Then you could be seeing some my work (airtime)! :D

AirtimeLavey
12-08-2007, 02:23 PM
I was watching the SDSU game on KCAL9 until I realized HDNet was carrying it in HD. Waiting for the UCLA game to start. Are you at work now?
Nope. I sell commercial airtime. Only work M-F except for special events like last night. It's a great job, but cutting into my golf time. :mad: :D

It's all Good
12-08-2007, 05:58 PM
John Wooden's granddaughter, Kim, was my gf in the 4th and 5th grade. :D I met him several times, although I didn't really know who he was until I was a little older. This was during his glory days, 1974-1975.
Too funny. I went to high school with Kim. My son is in kindergarten with Mike's daughter, Kim's younger brother.

It's all Good
12-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Did they still live in the Irvine area?
How did she turn out? She was a pretty cute 4th grader. Maybe I'll see if I can scan my school pics and post it. :D
Her parents do. Not sure where she lives. Where did you go to elementary school? I went to College Park.
She has always been very attractive. I'll get you some high school pics.