PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Bonus

Mattman
12-09-2007, 07:15 AM
What are you expecting to get this year if anything? What have you been given in previous years?

raff
12-09-2007, 07:28 AM
What are you expecting to get this year if anything? What have you been given in previous years?
Last year it was 10%, but they don't come till late April..

YeLLowBoaT
12-09-2007, 07:34 AM
hopefully a day off.

Hardly Satisfied
12-09-2007, 07:36 AM
We get Christmas eve off with pay

JetBoatRich
12-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Last year it was 10%, but they don't come till late April..
Better late then never:D

JetBoatRich
12-09-2007, 07:58 AM
I worked for a company a couple years ago, had an awesome year and they gave 50% to the management staff:D nothing close since:devil:

RitcheyRch
12-09-2007, 08:47 AM
No bonus here but do get a few days off with pay.

Sleek-Jet
12-09-2007, 08:54 AM
I work for a nonprofit, so bonuses come by way of the executive director allowing potluck Friday's to continue :D
This year, the agency is undergoing a "strategic restructuring" i.e. a merger:rolleyes: They are currently working on budget revisisions for january. so, I suppose my big bonus will be keeping my job another 6 months :eek: of course, I'm the development director...I already raised enough money to cover my salary and just completed a huge $100,000+ event. I think I'm safe :D

Sleek-Jet
12-09-2007, 08:55 AM
I did it again! this is NOT sleek-jet...bshybvr girl was posting :mad: damn it!:D :D :D :D

Mandelon
12-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Let me see, gifts for customers..$750-$1000, New jackets and sweatshirts for the guys, $1800, New boots all around, $1800, nice lunch out at a good restaurant for 16, $800, cash bonuses from $100 to $500 x 16, that's around $6000.....afternoon at the stripper club, with drinks on the company card...
Hmmmmmm. Should cost me right around $10,000. :eek:
What will they get for me???? I think I got something once or twice in the last 14 years...I think it was a bag of pistachios. :rolleyes:
But most of them show up, most of the time... LOL
Back when I worked for a bank, I got a $500 bonus one year.

charlyox
12-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Last year my company gave everybody IPOD'S.

YeLLowBoaT
12-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Let me see, gifts for customers..$750-$1000, New jackets and sweatshirts for the guys, $1800, New boots all around, $1800, nice lunch out at a good restaurant for 16, $800, cash bonuses from $100 to $500 x 16, that's around $6000.....afternoon at the stripper club, with drinks on the company card...
What will they get for me???? I think I got something once or twice in the last 14 years...I think it was a bag of pistachios. :rolleyes:
I'm coming to work for you starting monday K?

77charger
12-09-2007, 10:17 AM
afternoon at the stripper club, with drinks on the company card...
do you include subs on this one?:D :D :)

BrendellaJet
12-09-2007, 10:22 AM
15%, but gotta wait till April.

WestTNRiverRat
12-09-2007, 10:44 AM
I've been with my company 23 years. They used to give Christmas bonuses based on profits. About 10 years ago they stopped the bonus checks, but instead put the bonus into our retirement funds. Last year it was $5600. Probably be around $1000 to $1500 this year if I had to guess.

Sleek-Jet
12-09-2007, 10:48 AM
I did it again! this is NOT sleek-jet...bshybvr girl was posting :mad: damn it!:D :D :D :D
Helping my post count again I see... :D

DILLIGAF
12-09-2007, 11:05 AM
I gave bonuses from $1K up to $20K. Haven't got one thanks you yet :(. I don't expect the thank you but it would be ice to hear occasionally.
The bonuses vary yearly but I always give one to all employees, including myself :)
I am also giving them soft-sided coolers with the company name embroidered on them....

adjones419
12-09-2007, 11:10 AM
I got a case of Bud Light and $150 at our Christmas party on Friday. We also get Christmas Eve and Day and New Year's Eve and Day off with pay, and we have profit sharing every quarter.

Screaming Pete
12-09-2007, 12:18 PM
rich just let me know when that afternoon thing is so i can get on the gravey train:D

YODA
12-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Im hoping for a BJ for my bonus this year;)

AZJD
12-09-2007, 12:40 PM
I don't get a bonus. I am on 100% commish, but we do get to go to Vegas for the company party. Every employee plus a guest 2 night 3 days in vegas with airfare and room covered.
They do a cocktail party friday night and the big dinner party saturday night. (usually 1600 people) We have slot tourneys and raffle give aways at the dinner. I won a 42" plasma last year. (left early and couldn't claim it:( ) Each employee gets $100 at the party from the owner.
Pretty cool deal for a company to throw a million dollar party on the employees every year.
Last year was Cesars Palace and this year is Paris Paris.

INSman
12-09-2007, 02:55 PM
No bonus for me as I am pretty much in a commission business, so my bonus to myself if picking up another client or two or twelve .... ;)
Can't complain, insurance biz been beddy beddy good to me ...:)

RJ Nordic
12-09-2007, 03:27 PM
BONUS...try working for the school system...Teachers get a $10 Starbucks card from the district/board of trustees...I got a Harry & David box since I am a site Admin. along with the card.:D
I bought my teachers a desk portifilo and a nice candle..
Now we do get two weeks off, only it is not part of our work calendar so it really isn't vacation.
However I do believe you all earn your bonuses and I know you look forward to them..:)

Boozer
12-09-2007, 04:01 PM
I work for one of the largest corporations in the world. No Bonus and No Christmas party.

yopengo
12-09-2007, 04:08 PM
My boss is a real asshole (me) and I give myself one months salary as a bonus. I actually just write the check to my wife…:)

steveo143
12-09-2007, 04:11 PM
I get the Writer's Strike. HoHoHo

Just Tool'n
12-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Used to never worry about it,was paid on commision then, needed more money go bust my ass harder & no problem.
Then corporate restructure 2 years ago, took us off of commission , now straight salary. Life is now a struggle, might look for new opportunity after 22+ years in the business. And no I do not think I will see any X-mas bonus, only getting the bone!

lawbreaker2
12-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Nope nothing here, And the boss said we are just lucky to work for him, and His son needs a new bmw, so there will be no pay raise this year either.:rolleyes:

totenhosen
12-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Nothing! We don't get year end bonuses until April. Our Christmas party consisted of a $25.00 per person allowance to go to dinner. :rolleyes:

bchbum
12-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I got a 10 lb. can ham when I was 18 working at a bowling alley . This year I got almost no overtime , broken pipes , plugged drains ... can wait for straight time , almost 15 k less than last year . Next will be even less , Their taking about $900,000 from our budget to fund P.D.'s overtime overrun. Yes I work for a local govt.

TBONE1904
12-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Interesting........Our party was Thursday night and I was promised 10K when hired but only received half. I am pissed, but we are talking on Tuesday. I would have stayed where I was if he didn't PROMISE me the bonus. BTW I know the fees for every project in our company, and I have done my part!

Havasu_Dreamin
12-09-2007, 08:07 PM
WTF is a bonus???

ToMannyToys
12-09-2007, 08:07 PM
I just got a 2008 KTM 250XCFW as my Xmas bonus. Plus our family cruise in May. It was another good year for my Co.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-09-2007, 08:08 PM
I gave bonuses from $1K up to $20K. Haven't got one thanks you yet :(. I don't expect the thank you but it would be ice to hear occasionally.
The bonuses vary yearly but I always give one to all employees, including myself :)
I am also giving them soft-sided coolers with the company name embroidered on them....
That's awesome of both of you!
You hiring? :)

Big Warlock
12-09-2007, 08:12 PM
It's a bonus! Something above and beyond your expectation. But so many people expect it.
And there are many factors to how they are given and why. Including tax planning, performance of the individual and the company in general.
If you are not getting what you think you deserve, then you should go someplace where they will pay you what you deserve. However, they should pay you up front and do away with the "bonus" factor.
In today's market, I think if you receive anything you should be grateful. Hopefully spend it to help the economy. We are a consumer society.
So hopefully everyone gets what they want. :D
I hope so anyways!!

TBONE1904
12-09-2007, 08:22 PM
It's a bonus! Something above and beyond your expectation. But so many people expect it.
And there are many factors to how they are given and why. Including tax planning, performance of the individual and the company in general.
If you are not getting what you think you deserve, then you should go someplace where they will pay you what you deserve. However, they should pay you up front and do away with the "bonus" factor.
In today's market, I think if you receive anything you should be grateful. Hopefully spend it to help the economy. We are a consumer society.
So hopefully everyone gets what they want. :D
I hope so anyways!!
I agree.....this was the first company that promised me a big bonus (well to me). I told him I would rather just get the salary I wanted without the bonus, but he said "you will just have to trust me". I received 50% less. He is know as being an honest individual, but he lost my trust. There are even bigger long term issues we agreed to during our talks, but I can't take him serious anymore. That is what I am confused on he is a decent businessman but he ruined his word. I don't like bonuses either, give me what I deserve or don't hire me period!

DILLIGAF
12-09-2007, 11:01 PM
That's awesome of both of you!
You hiring? :)
LOL....If you know the AltiGen IP switch and like sales maybe we can talk :)

SOCALDETAIL1
12-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Thanks Tom :D

DILLIGAF
12-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Thanks Tom :D
I better get you added to the list :)

SOCALDETAIL1
12-09-2007, 11:26 PM
:D I better get you added to the list :)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Last year the company I work for gave out $200k in bonuses, varying from $250 to $15k. Business was booming last year. This year, the housing market took a poop as did our workload. We have laid of over 30% of our staff in the past few months. Needless to say, the big cash bonuses are not in the cards for this year. This year is $150 Visa gift card for everyone. Some people are completely bent out of shape over this. To me, a bonus is a gift. Its not something I expect. I am so sick of listening to people bitch and moan about it. Its not like the company is being greedy and keeping it all to themselves, they just don't have the extra cash to spend.
I am just happy I did not get laid off and still have my job. In the grand scheme of things, I like my job year round. I get half days every friday and my boss understands the importance of the river and the desert. Not getting a fat bonus does not change anything.

gas Hogg
12-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Last year my partner and I spent a little overe $120,000 on bonuses, jackets, vest's and parties for the 32 guys in the company. I received one card and and phone call that I really enjoyed. We are in the construction business so this year will be tight. I'm going to cook a few steaks and serve it up to the guys and there families at our yard, bring in the air house for the kids. I'm already getting the comments on where are the bonuses. You would think when they have seen me lay off the three of the highest paid guys in the office that it was a rough year.

bocco
12-10-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm coming to work for you starting monday K?
Lets carpool sounds like a good deal.

OGShocker
12-10-2007, 09:41 AM
WTF is a bonus???
At my shop, its a promise I won't beat the shit their radios.
:D

Cole Trickle
12-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I agree.....this was the first company that promised me a big bonus (well to me). I told him I would rather just get the salary I wanted without the bonus, but he said "you will just have to trust me". I received 50% less. He is know as being an honest individual, but he lost my trust. There are even bigger long term issues we agreed to during our talks, but I can't take him serious anymore. That is what I am confused on he is a decent businessman but he ruined his word. I don't like bonuses either, give me what I deserve or don't hire me period!
Was this after taxes?
Bonus's almost always get hit for 50% tax rate:mad:
Family co......no bonus:( :jawdrop:

OGShocker
12-10-2007, 10:00 AM
I hear you, Tom, it would be nice. Some of my lower level employees come into my office and say thanks. I rarely get a nod from my Managers and they receive 55% of the budgeted funds.

79Challenger
12-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Been at this company for 4 years now.
Year 1 - 3k
Year 2 - 12k
Year 3 - 23k
Found out this years is 8k.
I expected less this year and I was right, but not complaining a bit!

boatnam2
12-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Last year the company I work for gave out $200k in bonuses, varying from $250 to $15k. Business was booming last year. This year, the housing market took a poop as did our workload. We have laid of over 30% of our staff in the past few months. Needless to say, the big cash bonuses are not in the cards for this year. This year is $150 Visa gift card for everyone. Some people are completely bent out of shape over this. To me, a bonus is a gift. Its not something I expect. I am so sick of listening to people bitch and moan about it. Its not like the company is being greedy and keeping it all to themselves, they just don't have the extra cash to spend.
I am just happy I did not get laid off and still have my job. In the grand scheme of things, I like my job year round. I get half days every friday and my boss understands the importance of the river and the desert. Not getting a fat bonus does not change anything.
suckass:D

OCMerrill
12-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Damn...I sure hope my employees don't read here.:)
I will be expected to hand out something. It will be based on my checkbook balance at the time. :D

Cole Trickle
12-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Year 1 - 3k
Year 2 - 12k
Year 3 - 23k
Year 2,3,4 bonus would make the holiday season a crap load better!!!:D
If I got a 24K bonus I would poo myself:jawdrop:

79Challenger
12-10-2007, 10:08 AM
^^^ Helps!
It is difficult not count the chickens before they hatch though.
A coworker of mine bonused 105% of his salary 2 years ago!
Not to mention this is a profit sharing bonus. Christmas bonuses total a weeks pay and are handed out before Thanksgiving.
We get treated pretty well.

DILLIGAF
12-10-2007, 10:09 AM
I hear you, Tom, it would be nice. Some of my lower level employees come into my office and say thanks. I rarely get a nod from my Managers and they receive 55% of the budgeted funds.
It is nice to hear it but you can't expect it. I called one directly to see if they got their bonus. They said yes but they haven't looked at it yet. I assume they have looked at it by now but nothing....Oh well
Carry on
:)

justfloatn
12-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Year 1 - 3k
Year 2 - 12k
Year 3 - 23k
23K..WOW! I have to ask. What type of company?

79Challenger
12-10-2007, 10:14 AM
23K..WOW! I have to ask. What type of company?
I work for a Construction Managment Firm.
Yea, after taxes, we were able to get 100% out of debt last year and had some play money to boot.

drejustice
12-10-2007, 10:16 AM
We do a corp kickoff/thank-you trip as our bonus. In January we take ALL in-house staff AND their spouses on a 4 day/3 night trip to Jamaica at a very nice all-inclusive.

AzLakeLizard
12-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Last year our office got a $50 Wal Mart gift card each.. :)
(but have to take into account that we do get $1 off the price of gas out on the lake and can get houseboats off season for next to nothing!) So NO complaints!

PinkTaco
12-10-2007, 10:29 AM
I got a week paid vacation:D I work for good people... Got some bonus money too but gave it to my lot techs cuz' they don't get much recognition :)

yamahajet
12-10-2007, 11:35 AM
We Get a crisp $100. dollar bill

TahitiTiger
12-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Every year we ask for a bonus, and every year we get the same answer.
"your bonus is your still employed here for another year" :(
Previous company gave every one a Honey Baked ham from the HB ham company and our choice of red or white wine. :D

XFactor
12-10-2007, 01:38 PM
I read through the whole thread. I'm amazed at how many people actually don't expect bonuses. My wife and I employee 20 people and I guarantee 18 out of the 20 expect something. 2 years ago we spent over 30k in bonuses and received 1 thank you from an employee that received a $1000 bonus. Last year it dropped to 12k and one thank you again. Guess who........the same guy. We had some REAL pissed off employees.
We routinely give our top 4 employees 300-500 spending cash when they go on vacation twice a year. We typically get a t-shirt or coffee mug in return as a thank you.
Our typical holiday season is kicked off with a BBQ for all employees the week before Thanksgiving and a $50 gift certificate to Albertsons for Thanksgiving. We then have a Christmas dinner at a decent restaurant for all employees with spouse one year and office staff with spouse only the following year. Last year it was for office staff and spouse at The Palm. $2200 dinner last year, $1600 the year before at El Cholo. Another $50 Albertsons card plus Christmas bonus. Sales are down this year and Bonuses will reflect that. I'm also BBQ'ing ribs for the staff and I can't believe I've already heard one person complain that we aren't going to a restaurant.
Bonuses are just that.............a BONUS!! Stop your whining and do a better job next year so the business profits and bonuses go up.:mad:

Mattman
12-10-2007, 09:41 PM
We get our bonus later this month and it should be interesting. I did get my wife her bonus today...4 tickets to Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood, third row center stage. She's gonna shiat!!

XTRM22
12-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Bonuses are just that.............a BONUS!! Stop your whining and do a better job next year so the business profits and bonuses go up.:mad:
Thanks to some hard work, and good customers I'm actually going to give myself a Christmas bonus this year besides a new pair of boots!
Thanks Glenn :)
Chuck

XFactor
12-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Thanks to some hard work, and good customers I'm actually going to give myself a Christmas bonus this year besides a new pair of boots!
Chuck
Have a Merry Christmas Chuck. You and your wife deserve it! ;)

wildbillg
12-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Chuck
BUT wont this only make up for the CUSTOMERS that make you pay for things that they say they did or didnt say they wanted?
Kind of sucks to have to be in business for yourself and then give yourself a bounes and then still have to deal with customers that dont or wont, admit mistakes............(and then they reape from their errors)
MERRY xmas everyone
remember this is the season of giveing NOT GETTING..
appreciate everything someone does for you...

sleekcraft80
12-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Actually it would be a bonus if I could receive a check period. But what I would like to say is that my father works for a large construction company and has done so for a lot of years. He is 75 now and still is a superintendant. He is the oldest person in the company. Two weeks ago he was told to go see the owner of the company where he was handed a $50,000 bonus.:sqeyes:

Tremor Therapy
12-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Bonuses? WTF are bonuses?

Riverkid
12-17-2007, 06:38 PM
We took all our guys and spouses/gfriends out on a chartered 65' Yacht for the Newport Xmas Boat Parade. Had food and drink on the yacht, gave everyone $100 gift card, and then did an Xmas drawing pulling employee names and one got three days at any Hotel anywhere for 3 days airfare included, and the last got a timeshare in Kauaii for a week for two with free airfare... We had a great year and have a very strong team... :)

OutCole'd
12-17-2007, 06:43 PM
I gave everyone at work their very own lump of coal. (Of course I 1099'd them for it).

Kilrtoy
12-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Some people are completely bent out of shape over this. To me, a bonus is a gift. Its not something I expect. I am so sick of listening to people bitch and moan about it. Its not like the company is being greedy and keeping it all to themselves, they just don't have the extra cash to spend. .
These are the ones that should have been laid off.....
Thank you finally someone........
BE HAPPY YOU PEOPLE STILL HAVE JOBS.....

Devil's Advocate
12-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Last year I got a 15% raise about this time of year. This year, not expecting anything. But I've got a 4 day weekend.:D

Kilrtoy
12-17-2007, 06:46 PM
. I'm also BBQ'ing ribs for the staff and I can't believe I've already heard one person complain that we aren't going to a restaurant.
:
Sweet what time should I drop by....
:D :D :D

HavaSkank
12-17-2007, 07:42 PM
My pimp is letting me keep 22% of my Christmas Eve AND Christmas day BJ earnings.

Miss Perfect
12-17-2007, 07:59 PM
I typically get around $500 cash, but not until Christmas Eve.... I also get the week off between Christmas and New Years with pay, a Christmas Party with an open bar and I always get an awesome gift from my boss. This year it was a Coach purse. We also get an incintive trip in September if we have no work comp claims. This year it was a 5 day cruise. :)
I work for great people and I always tell them how thankful I am.

riverroyal
12-17-2007, 08:00 PM
I typically get around $500 cash, but not until Christmas Eve.... I also get the week off between Christmas and New Years with pay, a Christmas Party with an open bar and I always get an awesome gift from my boss. This year it was a Coach purse. We also get an incintive trip in September if we have no work comp claims. This year it was a 5 day cruise. :)
I work for great people and I always tell them how thankful I am.
new here huh?:D

Miss Perfect
12-17-2007, 08:10 PM
new here huh?:D
were going to stop posting like this. haha :D

Classic Daycruiser
12-17-2007, 08:17 PM
I got my bonus. And spent it all on inflation next year:(

CornWater
12-17-2007, 08:23 PM
My pimp is letting me keep 22% of my Christmas Eve AND Christmas day BJ earnings.
Your welcome.
;)