PDA

View Full Version : Sealy Trueform-Visco Memory Foam Mattress...

HammerDown
12-09-2007, 08:23 AM
After a zillion years sleeping on traditional mattress and having more back problems with age:rolleyes: ... I decided to give a Memory foam mattress a spin.
So far I gotta say...I really like it!:)
I purchased the 11"(top of the line) Sealy Trueform set...It's a bit firm (what I prefer) and you don't sink down in it like the Tempur-Pedic models I tried. To a degree these mattresses are temperature sensitive so I hope it doesn't get too overly soft when the summer weather hits. If so, I'll crank down the thermostat a bit more as I like a cool temperature when sleeping anyhow.
*My back pain during the night has been lessening and, I can stay in one position longer for a better nights sleep!
*Just thought I would pass this along for others that may have some on going back issues when trying to sleep.
PS* so far this mattress shows no sign of sleeping "hot" as some of the other Visco-Foam manufactures I've reviewed...and for me that's a good thing as I hate trying to sleep when hot.
Now, Ray-Ray's playtime...that's another story :p

ryantparks
12-09-2007, 08:30 AM
we went with the sleep # because of that "hot" feeling everybody speaks about. Its what ever works for you. If its lessening your back pain then the $ is worth it especially when you consider you are in it for 6-8 hours every night. Theres probably a 30 day money back guaranty so send it back if you dont like it down the road.
Congrats!

AZJD
12-09-2007, 08:40 AM
After a zillion years sleeping on traditional mattress and having more back problems with age:rolleyes: ... I decided to give a Memory foam mattress a spin.
So far I gotta say...I really like it!:)
I purchased the 11"(top of the line) Sealy Trueform set...It's a bit firm (what I prefer) and you don't sink down in it like the Tempur-Pedic models I tried. To a degree these mattresses are temperature sensitive so I hope it doesn't get too overly soft when the summer weather hits. If so, I'll crank down the thermostat a bit more as I like a cool temperature when sleeping anyhow.
*My back pain during the night has been lessening and, I can stay in one position longer for a better nights sleep!
*Just thought I would pass this along for others that may have some on going back issues when trying to sleep.
PS* so far this mattress shows no sign of sleeping "hot" as some of the other Visco-Foam manufactures I've reviewed...and for me that's a good thing as I hate trying to sleep when hot.
Now, Ray-Ray's playtime...that's another story :p
You will send it back right after you try to have sex on it.......... No rebound!
Just a few things I don't like about ours.
Really hot during summer. You will sweat alot.
Low back support isn't the best.
It will develope sleep spots, or grooves where you lay after a few months.
Advantage is I believe they will take it back within a year right?

RitcheyRch
12-09-2007, 08:55 AM
We need a new mattress and have debated getting one of these but with all the talk of holding in the heat and developing low spots has me wondering.

HammerDown
12-09-2007, 08:59 AM
You will send it back right after you try to have sex on it.......... No rebound!
Just a few things I don't like about ours.
Really hot during summer. You will sweat alot.
Low back support isn't the best.
It will develope sleep spots, or grooves where you lay after a few months.
Advantage is I believe they will take it back within a year right?
Are you talking about the (same) Sealy mattress...?
So far the "sex" part has been a BANG...the only thing bouncing around is us :D
About the rest of your comments...well...I hope not, that's why I picked the most firm Visco Mattress I could find. I reviewed this Sealy and other Foam memory brands to the extent I got burned out. everything lead me to this Sealy Trueform Visco-mattress.
I'll post a update in six months.

Mandelon
12-09-2007, 09:31 AM
We got one a few months ago and really like it. No squeaks, no bouncing. When the kids are only a few steps down the hall, I like the no squeaking part.
It is a little warmer, but we just used a thinner comforter on top...problem solved. Now that its cold out....I am digging the warmness of it.
It did help my lower back, but the best thing I have found is spending a few minutes stretching the hamstrings out before bed, and again in the am. The hammies seem to pull my pelvis out of line and it tweaks my lower back. More stretching = no pain! Plus I can touch my toes again! :D

AZJD
12-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Are you talking about the (same) Sealy mattress...?
So far the "sex" part has been a BANG...the only thing bouncing around is us :D
About the rest of your comments...well...I hope not, that's why I picked the most firm Visco Mattress I could find. I reviewed this Sealy and other Foam memory brands to the extent I got burned out. everything lead me to this Sealy Trueform Visco-mattress.
I'll post a update in six months.
No I have the memory foam topper. 6" I believe. I didn't go with the Matress because I had heard bad things about them. I figured I would rather drop 500.00 rather than a few thousand and see how I like the stuff first. I don't care for it due to the reasons I have listed.
The sex part came from a buddy who bought the matress and sent it back. Said you can't get good drive and no rebund like a normal matress.:D