PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Warrior class action lawsuit

riverroyal
12-09-2007, 12:45 PM
I just got my notification from orange county superior court.It was to long to put on here so I will give the link.Lucky for us we already LEMON lawed ours 8 months ago.I hope if this involves you that you get some payback,our trailer was the worse purchase and experience Ive ever had.
www.trailersettlement.com

catman-do
12-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Wow, I will make sure to forward this to some people. I have several friends with warriors, and all of them have problems.

riverroyal
12-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Wow, I will make sure to forward this to some people. I have several friends with warriors, and all of them have problems.
I know alot of HB people have them as well

Baja Big Dog
12-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Thats fricken great, let these worms know that its OK to build junk, but you better fix it when it breaks...This is gonnma be good,
Were gonna need some POPCORN!!!:D

TOBTEK
12-09-2007, 03:02 PM
I just got my notification from orange county superior court.It was to long to put on here so I will give the link.Lucky for us we already LEMON lawed ours 8 months ago.I hope if this involves you that you get some payback,our trailer was the worse purchase and experience Ive ever had.
www.trailersettlement.com
COME ON NOW....Worse than then when you were at the BMW dealer buying the new whip, and some construction worker took the side of the new car off?:eek: :)
everyone of my Warrior trailers were JUNK as well.... had 4 of them.

Phat Matt
12-09-2007, 03:11 PM
COME ON NOW....Worse than then when you were at the BMW dealer buying the new whip, and some construction worker took the side of the new car off?:eek: :)
everyone of my Warrior trailers were JUNK as well.... had 4 of them.
If they were all junk why did you buy 4 of them?

Wet Dream
12-09-2007, 03:13 PM
No shit.

Riomouse911
12-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Yeesh.. 4 of them? Here's to hoping that each subsequent purchase was a better deal than the one before..

OCMerrill
12-09-2007, 04:41 PM
I read through it and there is only consideration for a few models.
I wonder if there is other litigation that addresses the many WW's with improperly stated dry or empty weight?
I know that is also a pretty big issue.

blt4spd
12-09-2007, 05:05 PM
we have a 28' WW we hav not had to many problems we got the same letter about the law suit.the only problem we have is that the right rear tire on the hauler goes bald on the inside. is there some things i should look for or should i call WW and ask them what to do.also my brakes are so dam loud when comming to a final stop. thanks

Trailer Park Casanova
12-09-2007, 05:49 PM
We understand from our WW owning friends the settlement works out to about $800 per person.
-That's last we heard.

intense
12-09-2007, 05:55 PM
We understand from our WW owning friends the settlement works out to about $800 per person.
-That's last we heard.
Nice avitar!

havasu5150
12-09-2007, 06:02 PM
we have a 28' WW we hav not had to many problems we got the same letter about the law suit.the only problem we have is that the right rear tire on the hauler goes bald on the inside. is there some things i should look for or should i call WW and ask them what to do.also my brakes are so dam loud when comming to a final stop. thanks
tire is going bald sue to bent axel or spindle. Probably your break issue as well

riverroyal
12-09-2007, 06:55 PM
is most likely a axle issue,something isnt straight.A blow out in my opinion is very dangerous to you and anyone else on the road around you.You can call WW but good luck.If you do call take notes and a log of times dates whom you spoke with and if you never got a return call

riverroyal
12-09-2007, 06:56 PM
it was the customer service that failed.

77charger
12-09-2007, 07:21 PM
cause other people dont know how bad they all are just hear all the rave about warriors from everyone and everything else is junk.So it makes a good buy if you plan on reselling soon. :confused: :D

LOWRIVER2
12-09-2007, 07:23 PM
800 is'nt much for some of the major damage I've seen on those trailers. They should have a recall based on all the bathroom water leaks alone. I know of ten brand new WW's that had leaking water heaters on their first trip.

riverroyal
12-09-2007, 07:24 PM
cause other people dont know how bad they all are just hear all the rave about warriors from everyone and everything else is junk.So it makes a good buy if you plan on reselling soon. :confused: :D
once in my life I was sucker,never again

Trailer Park Casanova
12-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Overview
A proposed settlement has been reached in the class action lawsuit about Weekend Warrior Recreational Trailers equipped with frames manufactured by Zieman Manufacturing Co. or its affiliates. The $5.532 million settlement provides repair and/or reimbursement for Class Members with Signature Harm to the trailers, including bent frames, detached siding, and warped forward cargo areas. The settlement also pays Class Members for Qualifying Harm to the towing vehicles used to haul the trailers. Settlement funds are also available to reimburse Class Members who experienced blown tires on their trailers or towing vehicles as a result of excessive trailer weight. In addition, Weekend Warrior will provide free structural reinforcement of the trailer frame for any Class Member who owns a FS 2600, FS 2800, FS 3000, or SuperLite model. Your payment will be based on your qualifying damage.
"Class Members" are all United States residents who were, are, or become owners of any Weekend Warrior trailer that was manufactured between January 1, 1998 and December 31, 2006 and equipped with a frame manufactured by Zieman or its affiliates. Excluded from the Class are: (i) all persons to the extent that they properly and timely opt out pursuant to the settlement agreement in this matter; and (ii) the judge to whom this action is assigned and any member of the judge's immediate family.
If you have qualifying damage to your trailer or towing vehicle; you have had to replace tires on your trailer or towing vehicle due to excessive trailer weight; or you own a FS 2600, FS 2800, FS 3000, or SuperLite model and would like to have the structural reinforcement (also called the Prophylactic Fix) installed, you must submit a Claim Form.
Submitting a Claim Form
If you would like the Prophylactic Fix and/or your trailer has had any of the issues described above and set forth in further detail in the Notice, you may fill out and mail in a valid Claim Form to ask for any of the benefits provided by the settlement. The Claim Form will ask you for information about your Weekend Warrior trailer and for proof of ownership and proof of the claimed problem or harm. The Claim Form must be supported by such documents as specified in the Claim Form.
Exclusions and Objections
If you are a Class Member, you may exclude yourself from this case by sending a letter stating your name, address, phone number, and the model and vehicle identification number for each trailer you own or owned postmarked or received no later than January 18, 2008.
If you are a Class Member, you can object to the settlement if you do not like any part of it. To object, you must send your objection to the Court and to the Independent Claims Administrator. Be sure to include the full name of the case and the case number (Weekend Warrior Trailer Cases, Judicial Council Coordination Proceeding No. 4455), your name, address, telephone number, signature, and the reasons why you object to the settlement. Your objection must be postmarked or received no later than January 18, 2008.
Further details about the procedures and requirements for excluding yourself or objecting to the settlement are available at pages 5 and 6 of the Notice.
Fairness Hearing
The Court will hold a Fairness Hearing in this case (Weekend Warrior Trailer Cases, Judicial Council Coordination Proceeding No. 4455) on February 1, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. to consider whether to approve the settlement and a request by the attorneys representing the Class for fees and costs of up to $1.7 million. Also at the hearing, the Defendants will ask for a Court order saying they can't be joined into lawsuits against others for these claims.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT DATES:
January 18, 2008
Postmarked or Received
Request For Exclusion Deadline
January 18, 2008
Postmarked or Received
Objection Deadline
February 1, 2008
at 10:00 a.m.
Fairness Hearing
June 3, 2008
Postmarked or Received
Deadline to Request the Prophylactic Fix to be Installed in Sacramento, CA or Maricopa County, AZ
August 3, 2008
Postmarked or Received
Deadline to Send in a Claim Form For Any Issue Related to Your Towing Vehicle
February 3, 2009
Postmarked or Received
Deadline to Send in a Claim Form For Past or Existing Problems With Your Trailer
February 3, 2009
Postmarked or Received
Deadline to Request the Prophylactic Fix to be Installed in Southern California
February 3, 2011
Postmarked or Received
Deadline For All Claims For Trailer Damages Arising For the First Time After Receipt of the Notice*
*Must Be Submitted Within 6 Months of the Damage

riverroyal
12-09-2007, 08:43 PM
friends that have issues with there 5th wheel hitch area breaking welds and bending.They have been following this veryyy closely

Phat Matt
12-09-2007, 09:09 PM
friends that have issues with there 5th wheel hitch area breaking welds and bending.They have been following this veryyy closely
My cousin is dealing with that right now on his WW.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-10-2007, 06:19 AM
800 is'nt much for some of the major damage I've seen on those trailers. They should have a recall based on all the bathroom water leaks alone. I know of ten brand new WW's that had leaking water heaters on their first trip.
We're seriously considering their 50 ft FTL.
It's the only rig that will haul all our toys.
But,, quality issues have us guessing.
No sign WW has done anything to resolve quality issues in production.
Still the same leaky roofs, still de-laminating and seperating walls,, still week-ass wiring to the brakes,,
Hmmmm,,,,

Mohave Vice
12-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Still the same leaky roofs, still de-laminating and seperating walls,, still week-ass wiring to the brakes,,
Hmmmm,,,,
If you were to watch their production .... you would understand.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Hmmmm,,,,
50ft???? Is there such a thing?

justfloatn
12-10-2007, 08:01 AM
I meet a guy that had the frame break on his travel trailer model WW. He showed me the pictures and it broke right at the body on both sides where the first horizontal frame crosses. He claimed to have started the class action lawsuit. He switched to a Layton 5th.
He told me WW claimed the trailer should never be towed empty (with out toys in the back). The axle position makes the tongue weight too high without the counter weight of the quads, sand-rail, ect. in the back.
Sounds like an over loaded frame or poor design to me. IMO

Baja Big Dog
12-10-2007, 08:31 AM
I meet a guy that had the frame break on his travel trailer model WW. He showed me the pictures and it broke right at the body on both sides where the first horizontal frame crosses. He claimed to have started the class action lawsuit. He switched to a Layton 5th.
He told me WW claimed the trailer should never be towed empty (with out toys in the back). The axle position makes the tongue weight too high without the counter weight of the quads, sand-rail, ect. in the back.
Thats a good one, how the fock are you suppose to get the fricken thing home?, Or do they come pick up your toys and take them to the factory when you pick it up and what about when you take it in for service (I dont care who you are, you have taken your WW in for something wrong!) leave the toys in it??? What a bunch of assholes!!!
Hopefully the class action leaves the door open for other issues to class action them over, if giving each customer $800 gets them out of the suit, I can assure you they will be at the gate of the factory handing out bags of cash to get out of this. Then they can continue to sell junk, and get away with it!!:mad:

Baja Big Dog
12-10-2007, 08:33 AM
If you were to watch their production .... you would understand.
Tell me f it aint priceless, a dirt yard with 50 trailers around it and a heard of illagles running around slamming shit together!! Everyone should stop by and watch some day. Ill bet they screen off the fence around the factory...

catman-do
12-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Not to mention that once you load the trailer, 60% of the load is supposed to be FORWARD of the axles. So, you are going to have MORE tongue weight once you load your toys. Im not sure if your friend was hearing them correctly on that one. I dont see anyone saying that... Thats one of the things I dont get about the garage versions of toy haulers. If most of your load is supposed to be forward of the axles to be safe, then why build a garage without re-possitioning the axles.

Magic34
12-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Hmmmmmmm.

WaterJunky
12-10-2007, 10:37 AM
I have been looking at toy haulers for about a year now and have only come to two conclusions. 1) the next Fifth wheel will be one. 2) WW is all show and no go. The trailers are all designed to look good and flashy but the quality and enginering is very poor. The QC is also very poor.
Over priced and just going for the bling market.
This thread is just confirming what I already was hearing about them.

jbtrailerjim
12-10-2007, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't put it all on WW. Zieman builds the chassis and it sounds like that is one of the big problems with the trailers. If anyone is buying another brand toy hauler, I'd ask who builds their chassis. A lot of the mfg. don't build their own chassis.
I've got two buddies that bought new Warriors last year and one of them sold his a few months after he bought it. He said it was a POS and my other buddy still has his and he has problems with it everytime he takes it out. The buddie that sold his WW bought a Keystone Raptor and hasn't had much better luck with it.

Magic34
12-10-2007, 10:47 AM
I wouldn't put it all on WW. Zieman builds the chassis and it sounds like that is one of the big problems with the trailers. If anyone is buying another brand toy hauler, I'd ask who builds their chassis. A lot of the mfg. don't build their own chassis.
I've got two buddies that bought new Warriors last year and one of them sold his a few months after he bought it. He said it was a POS and my other buddy still has his and he has problems with it everytime he takes it out. The buddie that sold his WW bought a Keystone Raptor and hasn't had much better luck with it.
I believe you have to go custom if you are going to do a trailer like this. The production line stuff is all made with the cheapest stuff they can find.
I priced out a 50' custom ATC gooseneck and in comparing to some of the other brands that are production, for being custom, it isn't that much more. $90k fully loaded for the 50' and that is as loaded as you can get for what they have to offer.

WaterJunky
12-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Zieman builds a good trailer. I have used some of their other equipment. Given the build quality of the WW's in general, I would say that they are not using the correct frame for the job. Any manufacturer should spec the components that go into their product carefully. I have little sympathy for a business that has these problems. The exception would be if they did not get what they ordered, but then QC should have seen this and solved the problem.
There are several boat builders on here, do you have quality requirements for the major components that go into a product you build? Do the owners understand "its not my fault the XYZ part is breaking repeatedly"? Or do they just expect you to solve the problem.

Zimm944
12-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Zieman also just purchased extreme trailers, so if they are crap maybe the new extremes will be junk also.

justfloatn
12-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Zieman builds a good trailer. I have used some of their other equipment. Given the build quality of the WW's in general, I would say that they are not using the correct frame for the job. Any manufacturer should spec the components that go into their product carefully. I have little sympathy for a business that has these problems. The exception would be if they did not get what they ordered, but then QC should have seen this and solved the problem.
Yep, You would be supprised how many travel trailer builders use Zieman frames. It is up to the trailer manufacturer to make sure the body is balanced properly on the chassis. Not the other way around.
Same thing with motor homes. Ford voids warranties if the chassis is not loaded properly (front/rear percentages) and driveline angles are not reset correctly after they extend the frame.

LOWRIVER2
12-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Specific Co. specs is exactly what is wrong with WW's. Example is Rage'n's. WW bought a 51% stake in the co. 3-4 years ago and Rage'n already used Zieman for frames. I have'nt heard of any Rage'n frame failures. Look underneath the two and you can see how much more cross members the Rage'n has as well as the larger size of rails on the Rage'n.
Zieman Construction trailers have been around for years and are still one of the biggest used brands out there. They would'nt be if they were breaking all the time, they have to perform every day in the construction biz.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Zieman also just purchased extreme trailers, so if they are crap maybe the new extremes will be junk also.
Are you saying they purchased Extreme Boat trailers?

OCMerrill
12-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Makes sense due to the fact that they already have a line of boat trailers. That would give them a high end line.
WW does make the Extreme brand of toy hauler though.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-10-2007, 03:18 PM
It honestly seems like WW is only $500 away from making a quality rig if ya think about it.
Wife sitting at the campsites group campfire hearing WW Fuxstories from the other wifes doesn't make my campaign to buy one any easier.

shippingguy
12-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah they bought Extreme some months back now. I heard about it back in Sep/Oct.
Mike

catman-do
12-10-2007, 08:12 PM
WW does make the Extreme brand of toy hauler though.
From all the stuff Ive heard and read, it seems they make the Extremely shitty toy hauler. I didnt know about alot of the trailers having problems with the water heaters. But, my buddy did have his leak all over the trailer his first trip out. For some off reason they use a hard line coming out of the water heater. A trip to Ace and $5, it was fixed.

OCMerrill
12-10-2007, 08:45 PM
It honestly seems like WW is only $500 away from making a quality rig if ya think about it.
Wife sitting at the campsites group campfire hearing WW Fuxstories from the other wifes doesn't make my campaign to buy one any easier.
From all the stuff Ive heard and read, it seems they make the Extremely shitty toy hauler. I didnt know about alot of the trailers having problems with the water heaters. But, my buddy did have his leak all over the trailer his first trip out. For some off reason they use a hard line coming out of the water heater. A trip to Ace and $5, it was fixed.
WW sure isn't doing themselves any good by building crap. I have herd many stories. The "In Thing" will eventually burn out with that many quality issues.
A current issue I know of is my neighbor. He bought a 42 footer and this fiver is 2,400 lbs over its dry weight...DRY. WW told him that they only weigh like every 5th trailer for QC so it's possible he just got a heavy one. He said they told him don't worry about it...no one checks. :sqeyes:
What a crock of shit that is. He is overloaded...unloaded. His new 3500 dually mega cab RAM is not rated to pull it with anything in it.
He is working with an attorney to get WW to take it back. I wonder how that will go.

myoung
12-10-2007, 09:34 PM
This is kind of funny to me. Back in '01 when I was shopping the biggest thing that ruled out most brands, including WW, was poor chassis designs. I ended up with a Keystone Tailgator and have never had any chassis problems. In fact, the only thing that has gone wrong with my trailer is the A/C quit working because it never gets used. Good thing I had a warranty for that one.
When I looked at the WW's the overall quality was crap six years ago, and looking at them at the last Pomona RV show they're still crap today. This law suit could have been predicted years ago. I'm just surprised it's only about the chassis and not the whole trailer.
The saddest thing to see was the size of the crowd at the WW section at the show. It was the busiest by far and I would put money on the fact that 99% of them were first time buyers. They see a ton of WW's in the desert so they figure they must be the best. If only they knew what they were actually looking at and knew how to shop, they would see the problems go a different direction. They could save some money on a better trailer, but why do that when they can get some sweet tribal graphics.:hammer2:
To be fair, WW was there in the beginning and turned the industry into what it is today, but they're falling behind in quality while resting on their history and it's going to bite them in the ass. For less money you can buy a much better trailer and there were so many to choose from at the show too. I was impressed how far some of the other companies have raised the bar with their trailers and yet WW is still pumping out the same old crap. But then WW does have this uneducated following the other companies have to overcome. Too bad really, but at least it keeps the price down on the good trailers for the rest of us.:D

LOWRIVER2
12-11-2007, 12:45 AM
This was posted by Shawn Zang, salesman for Giant RV in Irvine. He posted that the owner told him the following:
First and formost Mark cares about ALL his customers. Past , present and future.
1.) If you have an issue with you're WW, please contact the factory. Warranty or Not. Mark wants to take care of ALL customers.
2.) If you have an issue you feel that WW can't fix, you can contact the class action mediators to see if they can help.
(Garden City Group 866-459-6003 )
3.) If you still feel you haven't been able to get you're issues resolved. Mark would like you to write him a letter. He has assured me that he will respond to all correspondence.

LOWRIVER2
12-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Here's a post from the law firm on the class action suit from GD:
Dear Weekend Warrior Class Members:
I am one of the lawyers who represents trailer owners in the Weekend Warrior class action. I understand that the Settlement has a lot of moving parts and that you may have questions about the various forms of relief that are available. In addition, I understand that some people may be wondering about safety issues. My staff and I are happy to discuss all of these issues with you, although they are probably easier to address on the phone or by individual emails. There is no cost to you to speak with us. Please feel welcome to contact us toll-free at any time to discuss the Settlement further.
Kristen E. Law, Attorney
LIEFF CABRASER HEIMANN & BERNSTEIN LLP
275 Battery, 30th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111
tel: 800-541-7358
fax: 415.956.1008
klaw@lchb.com

riverroyal
12-11-2007, 06:11 PM
This was posted by Shawn Zang, salesman for Giant RV in Irvine. He posted that the owner told him the following:
First and formost Mark cares about ALL his customers. Past , present and future.
1.) If you have an issue with you're WW, please contact the factory. Warranty or Not. Mark wants to take care of ALL customers.
2.) If you have an issue you feel that WW can't fix, you can contact the class action mediators to see if they can help.
(Garden City Group 866-459-6003 )
3.) If you still feel you haven't been able to get you're issues resolved. Mark would like you to write him a letter. He has assured me that he will respond to all correspondence.
thats just pure crap.If MARKS customer service managers etc cant handle the problem there should be some firing going on.I Tried twice to speak with him,I guess his top notch customer serv guys and girls never gave him the message.

riverroyal
12-11-2007, 06:13 PM
so lets say I buy a Ford for around 50k,about the same price.Do I write a letter to Mr Ford?

Mrs. casean
12-11-2007, 06:53 PM
We got ours today although we don't have one of the listed models. So I guess we're out :D We've been lucky with ours so far... knock on wood! Good luck w/ those of you who have issues!

riverroyal
12-11-2007, 06:57 PM
We got ours today although we don't have one of the listed models. So I guess we're out :D We've been lucky with ours so far... knock on wood! Good luck w/ those of you who have issues!
We bought ours because ALL our desert friends have them and have had great luck.All RVs have a percent that arent gonna be good.It was just my time I guess.I will say the WW settled with us and they were fair,so that im thankful for.

Mrs. casean
12-11-2007, 08:43 PM
We bought ours because ALL our desert friends have them and have had great luck.All RVs have a percent that arent gonna be good.It was just my time I guess.I will say the WW settled with us and they were fair,so that im thankful for.
We've got a lot of friends with them too and lots of them do or have had problems with theirs so I know there's a problem. But we did our's w/o a generator or fuel station back then so we could save some bucks... and our friends had most of their problems with those to items on the trailers so that could be part of our luck. Hopefully they will stop skimping out and rushing and start producing a good efficient safe product again.

Baja Big Dog
12-12-2007, 09:12 AM
My guess is that WW started the class action...better check with your attorney, this $500 buy out is an easy out for WW, its a cheap way to avoid future problems, sign it, get your money and they are of the hook...be very CAREFUL!!!
$500 to each customer, aiont gonna hurt them a bit!!
The president does care about your problems....PLEEEESE!!!
The owner of Giant cares about your piece of shit WW....PLEEEEESE!!!
There customer concern ends when your tailights (or taillight!) hits the driveway!!:mad: