PDA

View Full Version : Anybody running a blown small block Chevy?

R/C-PILOT
12-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Possibly looking to supercharge my small block Chevy in my 16ft Tahiti. I'm looking to stay user friendly, no racing, just some extra umph. What would I need to do, to the block, before installing blower? What kind/brand blower?

adjones419
12-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Where in Illinois are you located?

R/C-PILOT
12-11-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm in Sugar Grove, near Aurora.

84 cougar
12-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Possibly looking to supercharge my small block Chevy in my 16ft Tahiti. I'm looking to stay user friendly, no racing, just some extra umph. What would I need to do, to the block, before installing blower? What kind/brand blower?
My old man has silverwing tunnel for sale w/ a twin turbo small block. He may be splitting the package, selling the motor seperate. Turbos have almost all the same qualities of blower, without the noise and tickets. I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but I thought I would mention it anyway. He is in Minnesota. Good Luck

mondorally
12-12-2007, 07:44 AM
Here is a pic of two blown small blocks built by Paul Pfaff- Chevy Bowtie blocks (406 cubic inch) , Edelbrock aluminum heads, 6/71's. 750hp each:D. Sorry I don't have more details.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/27_Schiada_002.jpg

Blown3-d
12-13-2007, 09:01 PM
I was told once that your crank needed to be set up for a bbc balancer
because the stock cranks tend to snap the end off. I only know of one persons that did this so Im not sure so ask your machine shop. When you find out please let me know. Thank you G Riggins