PDA

View Full Version : Anybody looking for a boat?

bigBlockjettin84
12-09-2007, 03:57 PM
I have a 79 southwinds that was my project and now my time is cut short with no room for the boat. Its all there you just have to cear the top of the boat and install a motor. You would have it on the water in a weekend. Asking 3000 obo!!!
Boat has berkley 12jg with top loader, shoot, ride plate, and spins free. the interior is a year old still in great shape with new carpet. mounts are installed and ready for a motor to be dropped in. wiring is all there. Trailer is in great shape the fenders are still strdy but could be replaced. Also ex. logs included with water jacket plates and a thmo. housing.
Thanks Chris,
You can contact me at 214-402-2478 if any other questions and I do have more pics.

455Rocket
12-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Not trying to be an ass, but you prob. ought to get rid of a zero in your asking price... It should run for that much.

pw_Tony
12-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Not trying to be an ass, but you prob. ought to get rid of a zero in your asking price... It should run for that much.
I agree

bigBlockjettin84
12-09-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm just trying sell my boat putting it where ever I can that it might get a look or two it isn't the best looking thing. I really don't have the money to go out and buy a million different boats like ya'll so like I said no reason to post if your not interested. Take the hint cocksucker!!!!

speedymopars
12-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Unfortunately, I have looked at complete running boats in the same condition, and they ran about $2500.....I bought my boat for 3K, and it looked and ran great (the interior just needed an engine cover for the 455 olds). Boats just don't hold their value. If you were to drop in a $250 junkyard engine, you could probably get the 3K. Just my opinion.
Good luck with your sale.

Bow Tie Omega
12-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Not trying to hammer you man, but that is an awful lot of money for what you actually have. To give you a better idea of what you can get for $3000, go to the spam section and look for the brendella that is for sale. $3500 for a boat that has been truly built for 100 mph, and it is immaculate. That is what you are up against here. Good luck with your sale.

WishIknew
12-09-2007, 08:14 PM
5 posts and calling people out ??????? Better hope Rio doesnt see this one!!!!!

WishIknew
12-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Not trying to hammer you man, but that is an awful lot of money for what you actually have. To give you a better idea of what you can get for $3000, go to the spam section and look for the brendella that is for sale. $3500 for a boat that has been truly built for 100 mph, and it is immaculate. That is what you are up against here. Good luck with your sale.
Brendella's boat doesn't even belong in the same thread with this boat!!!!!!! His boat is FLAWLESS!!!!!!!

Bow Tie Omega
12-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Brendella's boat doesn't even belong in the same thread with this boat!!!!!!! His boat is FLAWLESS!!!!!!! I am well aware of what Brendella's boat looks like. That was the point I was trying to make. Essentially the same price for both.......Makes no sense.;)

earlbrown
12-09-2007, 10:05 PM
I'm just trying sell my boat putting it where ever I can that it might get a look or two it isn't the best looking thing. I really don't have the money to go out and buy a million different boats like ya'll so like I said no reason to post if your not interested. Take the hint cocksucker!!!!
In that case you should put it in the for sale section.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-09-2007, 11:03 PM
WHOA!!!! WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!! Wait a minute here azzclown:mad: Dont come into our forum and start name calling. FYI, your bucket.....I mean boat belongs in the SPAM section. Dont you know how to read the sticky threads up top:idea: These are all good peeps in here so calm the fock down. We run a pretty tight community in here. If you dont like the peeps in here then take a hike...(hint,hint). You might get better luck on craigslist:idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-09-2007, 11:04 PM
THIS WAS COPIED DIRECTLY FROM THE MODERATOR
NOTICE...
Hot Boat has created a new forum for all "SPAM". The goal with this forum is to have all SPAM (items for sale) posted there, and not in any of the other forums. Spam items found here WILL be removed!
In the SPAM forum, all items must still be boating, river, lake, etc...related.
Thanks.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-09-2007, 11:04 PM
THIS WAS COPIED DIRECTLY FROM THE MODERATOR
NOTICE...
Hot Boat has created a new forum for all "SPAM". The goal with this forum is to have all SPAM (items for sale) posted there, and not in any of the other forums. Spam items found here WILL be removed!
In the SPAM forum, all items must still be boating, river, lake, etc...related.
Thanks.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-09-2007, 11:05 PM
can u read that?????

Ralph Brunt
12-10-2007, 06:30 AM
can u read that?????
get'em 396:devil:

v-drive
12-10-2007, 06:50 AM
5 posts and he's on here calling people names. I think we should give him a break though. He obviously isn't to intellegent or he would have a clue, atleast he didn't claim that it goes a 100. Hey, he should put it on ebay don't ya think.:D v-drive

jetboat
12-10-2007, 07:05 AM
hay chris,you might have a $500.00 total package itif the tandom trailer comes alongfor the ride!.the guys are correct,dont be hammering them with all your expert knowledge?plus please dont give us here in texas a bad name.i9ve restored my last two boats and didnt pay for both waht you want for yours.try craigs list or boatjunk.com!.

squirt'nmyload
12-10-2007, 12:59 PM
this is "god love craigslist" thread material :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/races/11-12-2007-13.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/races/11-12-2007-15.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/races/11-12-2007-16.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/races/11-12-2007-17.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/races/11-12-2007-22.jpg
. Its all there you just have to cear the top of the boat
naaaaaaa....i think it will buff out :D :D

pw_Tony
12-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Aluminum tanks sealed with fiberglass? :idea:

FOURQ
12-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Aluminum tanks sealed with fiberglass? :idea:
nope thats how they install them..
wow 3g's I have one that runs and looks better for the same price :D:idea:

Bow Tie Omega
12-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah, that is how they installed them back in the day. I kind of felt bad, the guy had my sympathy until he started with the name calling. Since he still has not changed his price, I imagine he thought he was goinig to pull a fast on somebody here ( hope I am wrong).......Wrong place to do that. There are just to many nice boats minus motor for sale to be asking for that much.

WishIknew
12-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah, that is how they installed them back in the day. I kind of felt bad, the guy had my sympathy until he started with the name calling. Since he still has not changed his price, I imagine he thought he was goinig to pull a fast on somebody here ( hope I am wrong).......Wrong place to do that. There are just to many nice boats minus motor for sale to be asking for that much.
He cant find his thread since they moved it:) :) :)

uLtRADeNniS
12-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Thats alot of money for a that PIECE OF SH*T!!! Good luck c*cksucker!!!!
Heres an idea, go buy $3 dollars worth of gas. Then pour it all over that pile of sh*t you call a boat, and light a match. Then you can save the rest of us boaters from ever having to see that ugly boat on the water.
Tell ya what, if you get more than $300 for this thing Im gonna take a huge shit in a zip-lock bag and try to sell it for $301.00

v-drive
12-10-2007, 03:24 PM
I keep wanting to write something sarcastic but then I feel bad for the guy.
:eek: v-drive

WishIknew
12-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Told ya he couldnt find it

SOCALDETAIL1
12-10-2007, 09:19 PM
It needs more then clear bubba, you will have to remove the patches of clear on there then re shoot it.

Devilman
12-11-2007, 06:10 AM
this is "god love craigslist" thread material :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
naaaaaaa....i think it will buff out :D :D
It is a pretty decent boat, just needs cosmetic help in a bad way. A friend of mine owned it for awhile, I went to check it out when he got it home. He ended up not building it because he found a Cheyenne instead. I don't see it bringing $3K, but I guess you never know. http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10158rolleyes.gif
But yeah, it does fall into that "God Love Craigslist" category, kinda like that purple colored boat that's been for sale forever & a day out there, that you were talking about awhile back. :D

Bow Tie Omega
12-11-2007, 06:40 AM
It needs more then clear, it needs gel, did you guys see the dash. Also take a closer look at the bilge. There are some signs of rot in there as well, especially at the bottom edge of the transom. He would have to grind that out and refiberglass all of that. I am not saying that this would not be a project worth doing, not by any means. but with such a lean market right now especially, I just do not see $3000 with what is available right now, to a knowing boater anyways. I hope he can sell it. With that being said, he needs to lose the attitude and cut out the name calling if he wants any help from around here. That boat will not sell here for $3000, bottom line. Now as for ebay and craigslist.......Anything is possible.

squirt'nmyload
12-11-2007, 06:54 AM
It is a pretty decent boat, just needs cosmetic help in a bad way. A friend of mine owned it for awhile, I went to check it out when he got it home. He ended up not building it because he found a Cheyenne instead. I don't see it bringing $3K, but I guess you never know. http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10158rolleyes.gif
But yeah, it does fall into that "God Love Craigslist" category, kinda like that purple colored boat that's been for sale forever & a day out there, that you were talking about awhile back. :D
havn't seen ya in awhile dman....how ya been? :D.....no doubt i like the style of the boat....just seems to be wayyyy out in left field with the price. :D

Devilman
12-11-2007, 07:35 AM
havn't seen ya in awhile dman....how ya been? :D.....no doubt i like the style of the boat....just seems to be wayyyy out in left field with the price. :D
Doin ok, for the most part. Been having some stuff going on that keeps me away from the boards some. How 'bout yourself? :rollside:
Yeah, the boat has some potential, just nobody can see it with those abnormally large numbers in the way, lol....:D This boat was pitched over on THB as well & it didn't fair as well as over here, more of the previous history is more well-known over there, it being a Texas-based boat & all. :wink:
He was at least nice(?) enough to not call anybody a cocksucker over there, that didn't agree on the price. LMAO :D

LEADFOOTjosh
12-11-2007, 10:27 AM
FOR SALE 78 CHARGER.. COMPLETE BOAT $78,000.00
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/LEADFOOTind/nwez198.jpg
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bow Tie Omega
12-11-2007, 12:01 PM
FOR SALE 78 CHARGER.. COMPLETE BOAT $78,000.00
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/LEADFOOTind/nwez198.jpg
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
LMAO!!!:D :D

455Rocket
12-11-2007, 04:13 PM
:D