PDA

View Full Version : Nautical Launch Ramp truth

Coveman
12-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Went to the First Cabin Club annual meeting @ the Nautical on Saturday. Outside of a bunch of retirees that bitched about no bonus time availability we found out what seems to be the real story on the launch ramp.
The ramp and the surrounding parking area is not scheduled to be improved or paved at this time. In fact they project that it will not happen at all. The reason for this is that the ramp is actually owned by the Golf Course, not the Nautical or First Cabin Club. The land that the Golf Course and the ramp is on is leased land and will expire in 2015 with no provision for a new lease. That means they only have 7 years left on the current lease and the likelihood of investing major capital expenditures for a ramp without generating revenues in such a short period doesnÂ’t make sense financially. The only long shot in this whole thing is that the entity that owns the Golf Course also owns the Nautical. So unless the Nautical can convince the entity to spend money on the other property we are all stuck with dirt driveways and parking lots along with a crumbing ramp for quite some time.

TCHB
12-09-2007, 06:16 PM
The good thing it is not lined up on Saturdays like Windsor. I wish they would just put down some gravel and I would be happy.

raff
12-09-2007, 06:20 PM
We were also there for this, was the first time we came to the owners meeting, and had the same questions about the ramp as you, Sounds a lot
different then what they told us when we bought..
Hey coveman was that you that brought this up first?
I think the wife and I were sitting across from you..

duffster
12-09-2007, 06:29 PM
The place is a shit hole whith a dirt ramp. I don't know why people stay there.

franky
12-09-2007, 06:57 PM
The place is a shit hole whith a dirt ramp. I don't know why people stay there.
Have you ever stayed in the condos?
If I where you I would simply stay away and SYPH:D

franky
12-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Went to the First Cabin Club annual meeting @ the Nautical on Saturday. Outside of a bunch of retirees that bitched about no bonus time availability we found out what seems to be the real story on the launch ramp.
Did anyone ask why they over shot the 2007 budget by 20% and then carried it over to 2008?

BajaMike
12-09-2007, 07:06 PM
The ownership and management of that place has been such a low class soap opera for so many years......they promised when the one "entity" bought the First Cabin Club and the golf course and the Inn that all those problems would be over.........NOT!
For what they charge on weekends during the summer, you could stay at some of the nicest ocean front resorts in the world ( and have good service! ), but they get away with it because it's the only place on the water in Havasu.
Customer service at the place is the worst!
:idea:

franky
12-09-2007, 07:12 PM
The ownership and management of that place has been such a low class soap opera for so many years...
For what they charge on weekends during the summer, you could stay at some of the nicest ocean front resorts in the world ( and have good service! ), but they get away with it because it's the only place on the water in Havasu.
could you define this time frame please before I respond

duffster
12-10-2007, 07:35 AM
Have you ever stayed in the condos?
If I where you I would simply stay away and SYPH:D
Yes we have stayed in the Nautical roach hotel many times in the past the place is way over priced and run by a bunch of trolls. Never again I think London Bridge is better at least the trolls are a little nicer and they have slips.:D

franky
12-10-2007, 07:44 AM
Yes we have stayed in the Nautical roach hotel many times in the past the place is way over priced and run by a bunch of trolls. Never again I think London Bridge is better at least the trolls are a little nicer and they have slips.:D
So....have you stayed in the CONDOS?

Hardly Satisfied
12-10-2007, 08:08 AM
We almost did the timeshare there but didn't. We are glad now

duffster
12-10-2007, 08:09 AM
We have had friends stay in the new condos and have seen them on the inside. They are okay but not in the best location like in the cove where the old roach ones are.
I just don’t like the place we have stayed there and in the morning have seen roaches going up the walls that we smashed with the weapon of choice a flip flop for the troll cleaning crew to see.

2Driver
12-10-2007, 08:13 AM
It's just a microcosm of Havasu: "What a shame it could have been REALLY nice."

duffster
12-10-2007, 08:27 AM
It's just a microcosm of Havasu: "What a shame it could have been REALLY nice."
Funny thing we talked about getting dart-guns and trying to shoot them off the walls.:D
And I know it's the river but hey would you like those things crawling all over you at night when your passed out?

catman-do
12-10-2007, 10:18 AM
We also looked at the condo's, but decided not to pull the plug. I agree that they should have placed them on the cove part. It would have made it much more enticing. To own a condo and have your boat parked on the outside where it will get hammered on the beach all night, or you have to anchor offshore just doesnt make as much sense. Plus I like my own motorhome at the Islander better. Nicer all the way around, and a short golf cart drive to the bar.

BajaMike
12-10-2007, 01:01 PM
could you define this time frame please before I respond
ah.....forever.............:eek: :confused:

franky
12-10-2007, 01:21 PM
ah.....forever.............:eek: :confused:
how about starting year Mr. Vague? maybe the first year you stayed there.

BajaMike
12-10-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm guessing.....1990 I think, Mr. Specific........

BajaMike
12-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Well..............:confused:

boat boy
12-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Personal, I forgot the meeting was this weekend. After reading about the ramp, blown budget and no resolve on bonus time glad I did not waste the fuel to go. I love staying in the condo's when we get in but sometimes it can be a pain in the A*s. Is there anything else worth knowing about that happened?

Coveman
12-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Not really. The proposed two bedroom units are a far off concept at best since the land falls prey to the golf course and the 2015 lease expiration. They did indicate that Nautical has a very large fund to pull from for improvements to the property. So things should only get nicer around the Nautical itself as time goes on.

ultra26shadow
12-10-2007, 07:45 PM
I have stayed in both the condos and the regualr crappy rooms the only thing good about the Nautical is the convienience and the Launch Ramp and you could leave your boat parked in the water overnight. Stayed in the condos and the damn Crap truck came around two in the morning and starting sucking out the septic tanks that were conveniently placed two doors down from me and it smelled like crap for about a good hour called the front desk and complained they did nothing. Then I stayed in the cove in a suite and my room got ransacked from the tweeker security guards that they have and none of the locks worked on the doors in 3 rooms that they transferred me to you could just push them open without needing a key it was a Known problem but they did not bother to fix it I felt like I had to sleep with one eye open just to be safe and all they did to compenate me was offer me some crappy Buffet at their new sports bar where a roach flew on my brother while he was eating. The London bridge is 10 times better and much cleaner and security is way better there as well the Nautical did not want to take any responsibility for their faulty locks on the door. Luckily all my valuables I had with me and in my truck

shueman
12-10-2007, 07:53 PM
The ownership and management of that place has been such a low class soap opera for so many years......they promised when the one "entity" bought the First Cabin Club and the golf course and the Inn that all those problems would be over.........NOT!
Agreed...:)

new2cats
12-10-2007, 07:55 PM
I have stayed in both the condos and the regualr crappy rooms the only thing good about the Nautical is the convienience and the Launch Ramp and you could leave your boat parked in the water overnight. Stayed in the condos and the damn Crap truck came around two in the morning and starting sucking out the septic tanks that were conveniently placed two doors down from me and it smelled like crap for about a good hour called the front desk and complained they did nothing. Then I stayed in the cove in a suite and my room got ransacked from the tweeker security guards that they have and none of the locks worked on the doors in 3 rooms that they transferred me to you could just push them open without needing a key it was a Known problem but they did not bother to fix it I felt like I had to sleep with one eye open just to be safe and all they did to compenate me was offer me some crappy Buffet at their new sports bar where a roach flew on my brother while he was eating. The London bridge is 10 times better and much cleaner and security is way better there as well the Nautical did not want to take any responsibility for their faulty locks on the door. Luckily all my valuables I had with me and in my truck
The place sucks, period.....we call it not-a-cool Inn! Bought First Cabin Club, used it for 2 years and sold it back to them.....total scam, misrepresented, sales staff lies, rude, disorganized.....hotel staff hate the FCC timeshare staff...they are like enemies within!!!!
My .02

Havasu_Dreamin
12-10-2007, 07:58 PM
None of you asked the hard hittign question that everyone the answer to...
WTF were they thinking with the repainting of the crappy cove rooms?!?!?!?!?!?!

franky
12-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Somebody called their shot and then took their ball and went home before the game was over. :D
games not over Bob, I just want to get my facts straight about ownership/management before I just shoot my mouth off with generalities. what a concept:D I'll get back to you two

PAVEE
12-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Been nothing but happy over there! No lines like windsor or the marina. Ill take that ramp any day of the week :D

franky
12-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Been nothing but happy over there! No lines like windsor or the marina. Ill take that ramp any day of the week :D
Same here. Condos are very nice and away from the noise. The ramp is very easy to launch by yourself and always available. Can stay in condo for $70 a night basically any time.

BajaMike
12-11-2007, 06:42 PM
The ramp is very convenient, and I have launched and retrieved my boat by myself there a view times. I know some people with bigger boats have dropped off the end the ramp and got stuck, and had to have a tow truck come down and pull out the boat. They have probably fixed that by now.

ParkerSteve
12-11-2007, 07:02 PM
As a owner I don't use my week. I trade it for a week in Aruba. Save me about $800. in hotel costs. I stay at the Nautical for $70. per night. The ramp is not the best but I drive right in and never have experienced more than two boats before me. Having my boat in view from my room. Priceless..
Long live the river!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Not so for my liver.....