PDA

View Full Version : Panther pump and jeto for sale

funkytown
04-29-2003, 06:05 PM
I am selling my panther pump. It was totally rebiult in 2000 and has less than fifty hours. At the time of the rebuild I went ahead and purchased the panther jetovator. I am selling all!!! Pump, cables, fasteners, misc parts that i have collected and controls for the jetovator (a custom assembly I made). I also have a droop snoot design that worked good, that I was tooling with to make a better diverter. That to is in the package. I have more than $1800 into it all. So make me an offer. thanks funkytown

Jet City
04-29-2003, 06:21 PM
I would be interested in knowing how much you want (at least a ballpark figure), my pump is in good condition but a fresh one with the panthervator is interesting. I also live here in sunny Washington. If you have some pics, please send them to speedracer131@msn.com. Thanks-
Scott

Cas
04-29-2003, 07:16 PM
I'm interested too so I'll be 2nd in line in case Jet City decides against it.
btw, who did the rebuild? Panther?
squirtboat21@juno.com
[ April 29, 2003, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Cas ]

funkytown
04-29-2003, 08:50 PM
Her it is. I was going to sell the boat to a friend friend who doesn't want the pump. He was planning on puting an out board or something on it. So it leave me with this almost brand new pump. The jetovator alone is $800. Plus the time I put into the droop snoot a made. Which I think if someone had a little more time with it they could really make a profitable product. I would set the "ballpark figure" at $1000 takes all. I do have pictures but I don't know how to post them. Thank you for the intrest. Funkytown

funkytown
04-29-2003, 08:56 PM
Yes panther marine did the rebiuld. Steve and I got to know each other over the phone pretty good. I have extra seals, gaskets, gromets, and water seals. Panther uses the grafite on the ceramic for their water seal, extra one of those. Extra foam seals for the install. There is really nothing that would have to be purchased additional to install this pump. Any more questions just post. funkytown

Cas
04-30-2003, 07:34 AM
Funky,
did you get my pm from last night?

Jet City
04-30-2003, 04:53 PM
Thanks Cas, I am still interested, but if your really fired up about the deal, feel free to step around me. There are more responsible things I SHOULD spend the money on. Funky- I still would like to here from you, please email me, I would like to see some pics before I can entertain driving 2.5 hours to see the pump in person.
Scott

Cas
04-30-2003, 05:07 PM
Jet,
I sent Funky a PM last night letting him know I'll buy it providing you don't take it. Since you're still on the fence, I'll take it :D
After I get it, I'll have one that was just rebuilt (including bearings), no time on it at all and another that was done a couple of years ago complete with an impeller replacement. I'll also have the one in my 21' boat that had a "freshening up" last year.
Since I only have 2 boats, I don't think I'll need 4 pumps :D

funkytown
04-30-2003, 06:46 PM
Sorry it take me forever to figure out what "pm" ment. Jet City you hit it first so, It is between you and cas. If you give the okay I will sell it to cas. Your call. Post and let me know what you to hammer out. funkytown.

Jet City
05-01-2003, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the email Cas. Funky, I have no problem with Cas taking the deal, and I appriciate both of you honoring the "first come first serve" thing. I'll follow up with you (Cas) about some misc. parts you may have interest to sell.
Scott

Cas
05-02-2003, 07:00 AM
Funky,
If you will, email me your address and probably your real name wink and I'll get a money order out to you.
Again, my email address is squirtboat21@juno.com

funkytown
05-02-2003, 10:30 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get back in the ring, but I must tell you. A local dealer that I have a close rapore with told a person that I was selling my pump for $1500. He called me and wants to pick it up yesterday. I don't want to rock any "boats" and seem money bound, but the greens do talk. I know I promised the pump to you here on the boards. If you can match his wants than it is yours. If not than I am truely sorry and must sell to the highest bidder. funkytown.

Cas
05-02-2003, 11:40 PM
well funky, it does come down to money, I guess a deal isn't a deal anymore.
do what you must.
would you mind emailing me a pic of the Panther diverter nozzle and one of your droop, I'd like to at least see it.
[ May 03, 2003, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Cas ]

funkytown
05-03-2003, 08:55 PM
Yes it is truely soory that the world revolves around monotary value. I talked to the man that needs it and panther was going to hit him for $2500 for a rebiuld. After talking to him he really is in a serious need for this pump. I believe people are brought to ours out of need and if you guys only looked at it as a spare, then his man is in more need. I don't think that he is up on his stuff and I would be doing panther owners no good if I did't continue on. Thank oyu Cas for understanding my position and I would like to give you my expriment droop snoot. It works I've had it on my boat. I was tring to fab a diverter to it and got to buzy with other things. I you want it to further it, it's your. Let me know and we can work out the details. funkytown

Cas
05-03-2003, 09:37 PM
funky,
That's cool. It really wasn't going to be a spare for me, it was going to be put behind a little blower motor to see how well it would do.
I did just rebuild the one I have so it's not like I'm in dire need.
Anyway, sure, I'll take that droop off your hands to see what it'll do. I'll look forward to getting it. I'll send you an email with my info.