PDA

View Full Version : Were Hiring....

NOTALENT
12-10-2007, 12:02 PM
My company (ATK ENGINES) in Santa Ana, Ca is hiring right now. Inside sales desk. Good money for a young person, it was $13 an hour + commission, but I believe they will be lowering the base pay and really raising the commission. Should come to about 27k+ a year EXCELLENT benefits and 401K. Automotive knowledge a must and must be computer literate. Go getter/salesman attitude. Family type enviorment, alot of people have been here for years and the company has taken off like crazy. Lots of room to work your way up. Great place to start off and make a career out of.
We are also hiring for a new dept called Gear Head. Specializing in Jeeps and Jeep Racing. Inside sales as well, same pay setup but commission will be more since its a specialized dept and a little more difficult to sell. We will be sponsering a new Jeep Racing event, forgot the name, but its virtually the same as the baja series.
If anyone knows anyone thats intrested let me know. They can email me there resume or fax it to me:
ATTN: Brandon Simkiss
Brandon@Vegena.net
714 241-1004
If they would like to check out our website they can go here:
WWW.ATKVEGE.COM
WWW.HIGHPERFORMANCEENGINES.COM

Havasu Hangin'
12-10-2007, 12:06 PM
...and must be computer literate.
Is there internet access?
:idea:

NOTALENT
12-10-2007, 12:12 PM
haha...yup, but just be careful when your the new guy ;) :D

RitcheyRch
12-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Am guessing ***boat is not filtered? :D

NOTALENT
12-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Am guessing ***boat is not filtered? :D
You guessed right :D

Sportin' Wood
12-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Unconfirmed rumor is that ATK will take over the aftermarket & rebuild market of the Jeep 4.0. when Mopar stops making them. This could be a great job with long term growth potential. There are millions of Cherokee's out there that will need rebuilt motors.
I have a few more rumors up my sleeve but I need to keep those quiet. Good company.

Kachina26
12-10-2007, 08:40 PM
My company (ATK ENGINES) in Santa Ana, Ca is hiring right now.
I'm confused, the thread title says you were hiring:confused: So does this mean that it depends on what my definition of is is?

Riverat84
12-10-2007, 09:32 PM
haha...yup, but just be careful when your the new guy ;) :D
HAHA! yeah i kinda learned that the hard way @ ATK :devil: ...but seriously, a great company to work for, part of me really wishes i stayed there...hope you find someone brandon! :D
Reid

Cole Sanger
12-10-2007, 10:37 PM
No offense, but $13 an hour or $27000 a year in California? That's less than I made in the Navy 8 years ago, and that was with base housing. I don't know how anyone could survive on that, especially in CA. I hope they are going to train the person, at least. I know people do it, I just don't know how. I think Taco Bell out here in AZ hires at $11 an hour.

NOTALENT
12-11-2007, 06:40 AM
No offense, but $13 an hour or $27000 a year in California? That's less than I made in the Navy 8 years ago, and that was with base housing. I don't know how anyone could survive on that, especially in CA. I hope they are going to train the person, at least. I know people do it, I just don't know how. I think Taco Bell out here in AZ hires at $11 an hour.
With the commission without even working they will see about 33k a year (depending on what job you take and how they set the pay). Its sales, do with it what you want. Go work at taco bell and see what type of future you have. Its perfect for someone just getting outta high school. Thats where I started and now 4 years later I have my dream job.
BTW Minimum wage out here is I believe $7.50 in ca ;)

NOTALENT
12-11-2007, 06:43 AM
Unconfirmed rumor is that ATK will take over the aftermarket & rebuild market of the Jeep 4.0. when Mopar stops making them. This could be a great job with long term growth potential. There are millions of Cherokee's out there that will need rebuilt motors.
I have a few more rumors up my sleeve but I need to keep those quiet. Good company.
You are right sir, we are the main sponsor for 3 years for the JEEP SPEED. We will be debuting our Jeep line @ the show in Anaheim next month I believe. Its all been approved and agreed upon, we just need to finish signing the papers this week I think. We are not only opening our own casting plant to cast virtually any type of engine, but we have alot of bigger things coming. We also plan to aquire some very big companys ;)

Jordy
12-11-2007, 06:44 AM
Should come to about 27k+ a year EXCELLENT benefits and 401K
ATTN: Brandon Simkiss
Brandon@Vagina.net
714 241-1004
Baller. :D :D :D
Nice email addy too! :notam: :D

NOTALENT
12-11-2007, 06:45 AM
I'm confused, the thread title says you were hiring:confused: So does this mean that it depends on what my definition of is is?
I play a role in deciding who gets hired :D The COMPANY is hiring, I will be hiring a few people to work for me in my division in 2 months. :D

NOTALENT
12-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Baller. :D :D :D
Nice email addy too! :notam: :D
Haha...I wish I made that!!!:D
Nice touch to the addy....:eek: :D

Kachina26
12-11-2007, 09:30 AM
I play a role in deciding who gets hired :D The COMPANY is hiring, I will be hiring a few people to work for me in my division in 2 months. :D
I was just poking at your lack of an apostrophe in the title :D Sorry, I was a little bored.

Cole Sanger
12-11-2007, 11:01 PM
With the commission without even working they will see about 33k a year (depending on what job you take and how they set the pay). Its sales, do with it what you want. Go work at taco bell and see what type of future you have. Its perfect for someone just getting outta high school. Thats where I started and now 4 years later I have my dream job.
BTW Minimum wage out here is I believe $7.50 in ca ;)
Like I said, no offense. I didn't think you were the one setting the pay scale. With that said, you are looking for a person right out of high school with automotive knowledge, computer skills and who can sell. That person will then make 33k a year in California. Sorry, that just doesn't add up imo. I am sure you will fill the position. Now if my math is correct, Taco Bell at $11 an hour would be $22k+ and all the borritos you can handle, no skills involved and no responsibilities. Now I am getting hungry.

Cas
12-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Like I said, no offense. I didn't think you were the one setting the pay scale. With that said, you are looking for a person right out of high school with automotive knowledge, computer skills and who can sell. That person will then make 33k a year in California. Sorry, that just doesn't add up imo. I am sure you will fill the position. Now if my math is correct, Taco Bell at $11 an hour would be $22k+ and all the borritos you can handle, no skills involved and no responsibilities. Now I am getting hungry.
no offense but can't you read? or is it the understanding part you have trouble with?

CA Stu
12-11-2007, 11:42 PM
I would love to race in the Jeep speed class for the Baja 1000 next year.
Can you hire me, let me buy a rig at "employee discount", then fire me?
Gracias
CA Stu
PS Will this take more than 1/2 hour? :D

Cole Sanger
12-12-2007, 12:04 AM
no offense but can't you read? or is it the understanding part you have trouble with?
When did I say I don't understand or that I can't read? Fiesty is right.

Cas
12-12-2007, 07:09 AM
$13. per hr + commission
$13 x 40hrs= $520 per week
$520 x 52 (weeks in the year)= $27,040.00 + Commission at about $33,000.00
that looks like a possible $60K to me and a far cry from a typical entry level job......especially with the bennies.