PDA

View Full Version : Insurance frustration...

skytop
12-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Here in Florida, it is almost impossible to find insurance for a 21' Eliminator. State Farm for example, just informed me they are not binding any new clients who live within 2 MILES of the intercoastal waterway! Then, they are not interested any longer in "performance" boats. Geico just said no! Allstate said go somewhere else.
Folks, this sounds very much like back in the early 1970's when you tried to get your musclecar insured.
If anyone has any suggestions for an insurance company that is interested in writing insurance, please post. Thanks.

new2cats
12-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Here in Florida, it is almost impossible to find insurance for a 21' Eliminator. State Farm for example, just informed me they are not binding any new clients who live within 2 MILES of the intercoastal waterway! Then, they are not interested any longer in "performance" boats. Geico just said no! Allstate said go somewhere else.
Folks, this sounds very much like back in the early 1970's when you tried to get your musclecar insured.
If anyone has any suggestions for an insurance company that is interested in writing insurance, please post. Thanks.
How about progressive..they insured both my Howard boats....I think they have a HP limit and speed max.....some folks complained about the claims department.....have a loss and they all run you through the coals...Progressive has an on-line app. process so you can check for yourself if they will take you.
http://watercraft.progressive.com/

skytop
12-10-2007, 07:05 PM
new2cats:
Took your suggestion and went to the Progressive site. They list "what Progressive will not insure." Here is the paragraph that appears to rule out my boat:
The following cannot be insured with your Progressive Direct or Drive boat policy:
Wood, steel, ferro cement or performance catamarans/tunnel hulls.
However, I will call them tomorrow during regular business hours and make an attempt to have them accept the boat.

new2cats
12-10-2007, 07:22 PM
new2cats:
Took your suggestion and went to the Progressive site. They list "what Progressive will not insure." Here is the paragraph that appears to rule out my boat:
The following cannot be insured with your Progressive Direct or Drive boat policy:
Wood, steel, ferro cement or performance catamarans/tunnel hulls.
However, I will call them tomorrow during regular business hours and make an attempt to have them accept the boat.
Crap, I tried......I had Bullets- both Vs

shueman
12-10-2007, 07:43 PM
I'd approach your homeowners or car ins. providers...go for a bundle package...;)

drejustice
12-11-2007, 05:54 AM
There's a program with Markel for 26ft and smaller and under 100 or 120 mph(not sure which). I got it with Dave Barbee @Elton Porter Insurance
Direct: 713-314-3403

In2Deep
12-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Try ANPAC (American National Property and Casualty).
I believe HQ is in Missouri -- and they insure in lots of places.
Check the insurance forums section on offshoreonly.com. Yours is a common topic -- and lots of POV's there.
Think I"ll start a high-performance boats only insurance company. Demand is there.
I2D

nivels
12-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Progressive insures my 28 foot Warlock Deckboat. And the also insured my 20 foot V-Drive w/ 500 Hp

cobalt222
12-14-2007, 08:13 AM
I Got My 21 Liberator Insured By Progressive From A Local Agent After Trying Ever Where Else.i Have A Bbc And Bravo.most Didnt Insure A Open Motor.i Had To Lie About Hp And Speed.i Realy Dont No How Fast It Will Be.new Build Project

Giacopuzzi
12-18-2007, 01:27 PM
I would highly suggest finding a company other than Progressive! They will gladly take your money but when its time to pay a claim, they will use every trick in the book to get out of paying. See "Progressive Boat Insurance is a Rip Off!".