PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

hkunz
12-10-2007, 05:37 PM
LEOs, with triple backup handguns on your ankles, this question isn't for you.
Here's the scenario - we took the grandkids to the Christmas light show at CALM, Bakersfield's local zoo. We saw all the lights, rode the train, froze, had hot cocoa, and went back to the cars. As we got in there was a bit of a row outside the car next to us, something about her (the wife's) scumbucket brother standing them up after they bought the ticket for him, or words to that effect. There's a kid in a stroller, and one strapped in the car already. The disagreement starts to turn physical, with her in his face, then he grabs her arm (there has been a fair amount of screaming at this point) and jerks her.
I was unarmed except for a cell phone, which I was about to toss to my wife. I did have backup, but didn't it know at the time; my SIL is an unsworn Deputy and was watching, but was across two lanes, and there was a guy in the car in front of us who was waiting for me to act.
Anyway, I open the door and start to get out, at which time the whole thing stopped. My action apparently woke up dorkboy to the common knowledge that it is considered impolite to hit girls, even if they are bigger than he is, and that doing so in public might have negative consequences rather quickly. My wife says, "don't go out there", thinking of the guy who got stabbed a month or so ago in a similar situation.
So, what would you do? Get out? Call 911? Help him wail on her? I have no fanatasies that I could take him, or her, or expecially both of them. While just opening the door defused the situation, was I stupid to do it?
Oh, they were kissing as we drove off.

Kilrtoy
12-10-2007, 05:49 PM
I'd post two threads about it

FOXMAN
12-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Or maybe Holy Moly can tell him how to link the two threads together?:D

hkunz
12-11-2007, 08:03 AM
How do I do that? LOL I don't know how I did it, but shore enuf, theer are two threads. Must have been raining in North Carolina (that's the excuse my ISP gives whenever the satellite glitches).