PDA

View Full Version : Tom Papp Racing

94 TPR
12-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Looking for 2 Tom Papp Racing stickers?

FOURQ
12-10-2007, 08:29 PM
I have a few $100 each what color you need??

TRG
12-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Holy Shiaaat!:eek:

TRG
12-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Looking for 2 Tom Papp Racing stickers?
I have a 3' white one and a 12" white one you can have!:)
Tommy would've given them to ya anyway!

Outlaw
12-10-2007, 08:56 PM
I have a few $1 each what color you need??
$1 Sounds pretty cheap to me?

Nucking futs
12-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Moneysucker will make you any color size of what you want

Nucking futs
12-10-2007, 09:00 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

TRG
12-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Times tough in Havasu Shawn???

BUSBY
12-11-2007, 11:03 AM
a C-Note?
wow! I'm goning into the sticker business :D

moneysucker
12-11-2007, 03:47 PM
a C-Note?
wow! I'm goning into the sticker business :D
Believe me, it is not that lucritive. Of course you should see how much I charged four Q for them.
Bad Habbit racing should have a bunch I cut a ton of them a few months ago, if not let me know what size and color and I can hook it up.
Cy
PS. Shawn, I suck and will really get your disk out to you. I do appologize.
Cy

FOURQ
12-11-2007, 07:46 PM
it was suposed to be $10... new keyboard sucks sometimes it doesnt type what I want it to or it does to many of things ..i guess I need to read things till I get it fixed....

FOURQ
12-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Shawn, I suck and will really get your disk out to you. I do appologize.
Cy
ya I have heard that before Skee

94 TPR
12-11-2007, 07:57 PM
pm sent

FOURQ
12-11-2007, 08:04 PM
pm sent
back at ya :D

Bottle Fed
12-11-2007, 09:21 PM
I still have a handful of them in a few colors. PM me what colors you are looking for and I will see what I got.

Bense468
12-11-2007, 10:50 PM
CY wheres my stickers bud. HA

Pops@Aggressor
12-12-2007, 10:45 AM
I have a 3' white one and a 12" white one you can have!:)
Tommy would've given them to ya anyway!THATS COOL! The other post stands for what Tom never did or would do!!!

Riverat84
12-12-2007, 11:26 AM
hey moneysucker i want a few! let me know how much :D

uLtRADeNniS
12-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Anyone making shirts still?

TRG
12-12-2007, 08:18 PM
If i knew,... i would sell them with the intent of giving Momma Papp 100% of the proceeds, considering she could probably use the money!
Todd

IMPATIENT 1
12-12-2007, 08:34 PM
you guys don't take offense to this, just asking a question;)
did tom not have a son or the likewise to keep his place goin after his passing? i see how highly regarded you guys think of tom papp and everytime that question pops into my head. i know a son isn't his father , a man earns the respect he's given. i was just wondering if there wasn't someone close to him that carry's on his skills/integrity. is his shop still goin, or did it end with him?

TRG
12-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Tommy spread his knowledge around to those who needed to know, but just enough knowledge to keep em' safe and wanting to learn more on their own!
BTW, Tommy had a few boyz!

ultra26shadow
12-12-2007, 09:18 PM
you guys don't take offense to this, just asking a question;)
did tom not have a son or the likewise to keep his place goin after his passing? i see how highly regarded you guys think of tom papp and everytime that question pops into my head. i know a son isn't his father , a man earns the respect he's given. i was just wondering if there wasn't someone close to him that carry's on his skills/integrity. is his shop still goin, or did it end with him?
I think they got tooken over by Bad Habbit racing but the shop is still there and a couple of guys who used to work with Tom are still there but I dont know who is the owner now:confused:

Bottle Fed
12-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Yes the shop is still operating but under a new name of Bad Habit Racing. They still have the same phone # and doing service on pumps, motors and other boat related stuff.

cave
12-13-2007, 04:34 AM
Are they still making the Stealth hulls?

BUSBY
12-13-2007, 08:21 AM
yes ... but Ultra is now making them
And as Todd said ... Tommy did teach a select few a certian amount ... but 90% of what he tought was through experience.
For example ... for a driver, you'd make a pass at a race, he'd ask how it felt & you'd tell him. He'd tell you how it looked and make a correction with you telling you why you were making the change, you'd make another pass ... and then he'd do it with you again & again & again ... all the while telling you more therory and you learning.
As far as pump builders / riggers that worked for him ... he would teach each and everyone differently ... according to their abilities.
No one person (as far as I know) was ever taught everything Tommy knew ...
I still miss his daily phone calls & him giving me shit. It's almost been a year.

IMPATIENT 1
12-13-2007, 12:04 PM
well he musta been a hell of a person to have so many think so highly of him. i get to meet 1 of my childhood heros soon, we're having a meet with eddie hill and proud mary this coming may, can't wait to pick his brain!;) :D

noregret$
12-13-2007, 03:03 PM
well he musta been a hell of a person to have so many think so highly of him. i get to meet 1 of my childhood heros soon, we're having a meet with eddie hill and proud mary this coming may, can't wait to pick his brain!;) :D
TOMMY IS , WAS , AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE MAN !!!!! HE LOVED US ALL , HIS BOYS , EVEN BUSBY lol
MISS YOU TOMMY...
BIG D

Hass828
12-13-2007, 04:36 PM
They are still selling the hulls, they never did actually lay them up, they just did the bottom work and set the intakes. I was in the process of buying a new one from Tom when he passed , was trien to make up my mind on the colors. He gave me a price of 12,500 for a 375lb carbon fiber inlay hull. After he passed I got real lucky and found a used one that I loved the gell coat work on and bought it, but for my own info I called his old shop a while back and they gave me a price of half again that much for a fiberglass hull-no carbonfiber inlay. I'd rather have one that Tom did anyway so I'll just keep my 2003 stealth and count myself lucky to get it.

BUSBY
12-13-2007, 04:43 PM
I'd rather have one that Tom did anyway so I'll just keep my 2003 stealth and count myself lucky to get it.
If anyone wants one ... you can call Eddie at Bad Habit (Tommy's old shop number ... 951-734-4606) and they could do one up for you.
Todd @ TRG Custom Fiberglass (toddnjuzz here on the boards) was doing the intakes and bottoms for Tommy ... so you can still have a top notch Stealth if someone wanted one.

TRG
12-13-2007, 09:37 PM
I want the molds!:devil:

ultra26shadow
12-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Tommy was a good guy and a legend I never let anyone touch my boats but Tommy from Gel repair to general servce, it sucked when I took my boat to get some service in Jan and found out he passed He treated everyone with respect from myself to my girlfriend who would just pick up the boat and even when I told my girl about Tommy's passing she even felt it, I would always take my boat to him in March to avoid the crouds and wait and the one thing I remembered from him when he said to me when I took my boat in May to get some service he said YOURE LATE but I'll still get you set up right!!! So many stories I could tell about him in such a short time that I knew him

IfYouOnlyKnew
12-14-2007, 08:39 AM
I don't often look arouond here much anymore, but glad that I did today. It's been almost a year, but not a day goes by that we don't think of Tommy. The holidays are here, and it's that much more difficult. We shared our last moments with him last Christmas eve...our family tradition of gathering at Moms house for the evening. Total chaos as usual...but Tom loved every moment!
We have kept in touch with many of you, and your continued support is often what keeps us going.
Words of wisdom to all who loved him....never let a day go by without telling the ones you love how much you care about them, forgive and forget the ones who did you wrong (unless they don't deserve it...lol), and when you need a smile remember Tommy looking over the top of his glasses and saying "You just bumped your head!"
Happy Holidays to all,
N

cyclone
12-14-2007, 09:02 AM
I don't often look arouond here much anymore, but glad that I did today. It's been almost a year, but not a day goes by that we don't think of Tommy. The holidays are here, and it's that much more difficult. We shared our last moments with him last Christmas eve...our family tradition of gathering at Moms house for the evening. Total chaos as usual...but Tom loved every moment!
We have kept in touch with many of you, and your continued support is often what keeps us going.
Words of wisdom to all who loved him....never let a day go by without telling the ones you love how much you care about them, forgive and forget the ones who did you wrong (unless they don't deserve it...lol), and when you need a smile remember Tommy looking over the top of his glasses and telling saying "You just bumped your head!"
Happy Holidays to all,
N
Hi Nancy,
thanks for chiming in here. not a day goes by without Tommy affecting my life in some way. He's not been forgotten. Hope all is well.
-mike finnegan

Nucking futs
12-14-2007, 09:11 AM
We all miss Tommy for sure, theres been a few times working on the boat I could of used his advise.
Mike, how about starting a thread about the Elsinore deal for Tommy in January?

FOURQ
12-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Words of wisdom to all who loved him....never let a day go by without telling the ones you love how much you care about them, forgive and forget the ones who did you wrong (unless they don't deserve it...lol), and when you need a smile remember Tommy looking over the top of his glasses and saying "You just bumped your head!"
Happy Holidays to all,
N
Nancy its good to see you in here reading the good stuff :) hope all is well with the family. not a week goes by that I dont think of Tommy in some way and how much I (we) miss him.
Tommy we all miss ya buddy but as you always said "It is what it is"
Shawn

TRG
12-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Happy Holidays to all,
N
Nancy, i truly enjoyed talking with you and your sister today, it made me realize that Tommy is not gone, he lives through all of us in some little glimmer and,..well some got his bad attitude (Of corse not me! lol) while others recieved his love and affection for what they do in the lifestyle called boating! I sure am stokked to have had the time with "The ol' GUMMER", that time will alwaye be in my heart!
...as for you guys, you know the Griggs family along with Tommy's boyz and im sure their families, we'll always be there for you Guys! (...and girlz):)
Through this season you all will be in our hearts and prayers!
one more thing, you might just see some of us christmas eve!:D
Todd Justine and Savanah Griggs

BUSBY
12-14-2007, 05:20 PM
me too

BUSBY
12-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Happy Holidays to all,
N
Hey Nancy!
Glad to see you're still here with us.
We all miss Tommy still, as you can see because people are still asking for his decals!
I hope you & your family will have a great x-mas!
Call me anytime if you or Mom need anything (949) 551-6000 home/office or (209) 678-7031 cell
Catch ya later,
Brian Busby

Johnwithjm
12-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Then step up and buy them:jawdrop:

IfYouOnlyKnew
12-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Geez! Why not just get to the point, huh? There are only a few select people worthy of having the molds, and you know who you are. Tom's legacy lives in those molds!
PM's welcome on this topic.
N(and the rest of the Papp Family)

IfYouOnlyKnew
12-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Hey Nancy!
Glad to see you're still here with us.
We all miss Tommy still, as you can see because people are still asking for his decals!
I hope you & your family will have a great x-mas!
Call me anytime if you or Mom need anything (949) 551-6000 home/office or (209) 678-7031 cell
Catch ya later,
Brian Busby
Brian,
Thanks so much...I think I had misplaced your number along the way. Hope all is well with you, and looking forward to chatting with you soon.
N

IfYouOnlyKnew
12-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Nancy, i truly enjoyed talking with you and your sister today, it made me realize that Tommy is not gone, he lives through all of us in some little glimmer and,..well some got his bad attitude (Of corse not me! lol) while others recieved his love and affection for what they do in the lifestyle called boating! I sure am stokked to have had the time with "The ol' GUMMER", that time will alwaye be in my heart!
...as for you guys, you know the Griggs family along with Tommy's boyz and im sure their families, we'll always be there for you Guys! (...and girlz):)
Through this season you all will be in our hearts and prayers!
one more thing, you might just see some of us christmas eve!:D
Todd Justine and Savanah Griggs
Todd,
It was great talking with you too! Always fun to chat with Tom's true friends. I am sure however, that you did get some of Tom's "bad attitude" (you aren't foolin' anyone!) :devil:
Looking forward to seeing you on Christmas Eve..
N

TRG
12-16-2007, 11:10 AM
I gotta tell ya John, If i was finacialy secure like you, i would be making a move on them, wich brings up a question, i figured you would be the one who bought them, why hav'nt you shown interest?

TRG
12-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Todd,
It was great talking with you too! Always fun to chat with Tom's true friends. I am sure however, that you did get some of Tom's "bad attitude" (you aren't foolin' anyone!) :devil:
Looking forward to seeing you on Christmas Eve..
N
Thanks Nancy, I'll be talking with you.

Johnwithjm
12-16-2007, 11:30 AM
I gotta tell ya John, If i was finacialy secure like you, i would be making a move on them, wich brings up a question, i figured you would be the one who bought them, why hav'nt you shown interest?
I have alot going on right now Todd but you seem to think you know alot about my finanical biz. There is alot more to building this type of boat than you think.

TRG
12-16-2007, 11:38 AM
:rolleyes: :)

Pops@Aggressor
12-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Jan 13 The day Tom was laid to rest, His Sprit was picked up Early by a True Friend, where he now watches all of us flounder and flop around with the thought of WWTD.
I have missed Blood Family, Yet I have never missed that Spirt, In that every Morning Call- Whats Up Pop. Its like you did not start the day, untill you hashed around what your was going on in both our world's each day.
That same Jan. 13 my family had planned a big birthday party for my 65th. I will never forget the Big Rush of two emotions as my family asked me to set and open Gifts. It was then the bottom fell out, All my family, each one Tom knew and asked about, Just as those of you, Tom also asked how your world was He Did care Much, Much, beyound the Race World for each one.
A funny thing happens evey time I open my phone up and go to call my Sister, both Tom's numbers pop up first, I smile and talk to him then go on and call who it was I was going to call. I can't remove the numbers or won't.
Last Tom was pushing me to complete the Jr Dual and incorporate a bigger impeller system into it also. Every time we would run the smaller dual drive for test, I would call and go over numbers with him or take to his shop (The tooling burned up in our fire several years ago). Tom felt it was this drive that would establish a new field in Race. We completed it in March of 07 and I have never been so protective of a drive as this one, and I think I know why.
To those that do not know Tom the Respect shown for him was for the Man Inside of Him. "We All Miss You" and I know you Laff at some of the flopping going on since, However your Team has continued to keep attacking and ETs Keep Falling- So Home of the FAST GUYs is still running strong.

noregret$
12-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Jan 13 The day Tom was laid to rest, His Sprit was picked up Early by a True Friend, where he now watches all of us flounder and flop around with the thought of WWTD.
I have missed Blood Family, Yet I have never missed that Spirt, In that every Morning Call- Whats Up Pop. Its like you did not start the day, untill you hashed around what your was going on in both our world's each day.
That same Jan. 13 my family had planned a big birthday party for my 65th. I will never forget the Big Rush of two emotions as my family asked me to set and open Gifts. It was then the bottom fell out, All my family, each one Tom knew and asked about, Just as those of you, Tom also asked how your world was He Did care Much, Much, beyound the Race World for each one.
A funny thing happens evey time I open my phone up and go to call my Sister, both Tom's numbers pop up first, I smile and talk to him then go on and call who it was I was going to call. I can't remove the numbers or won't.
Last Tom was pushing me to complete the Jr Dual and incorporate a bigger impeller system into it also. Every time we would run the smaller dual drive for test, I would call and go over numbers with him or take to his shop (The tooling burned up in our fire several years ago). Tom felt it was this drive that would establish a new field in Race. We completed it in March of 07 and I have never been so protective of a drive as this one, and I think I know why.
To those that do not know Tom the Respect shown for him was for the Man Inside of Him. "We All Miss You" and I know you Laff at some of the flopping going on since, However your Team has continued to keep attacking and ETs Keep Falling- So Home of the FAST GUYs is still running strong.
NICE ONE, POPS ! ! !

His#1fan
12-17-2007, 03:26 PM
After reading your post I had to share that I too keep his numbers on my cell phone and in my contacts at work. I cannot bring myself to delete them, and won't either! Granted, he was my big brother, but we didn't talk on the phone each day like he did to you and others. It's been almost a year and each time I look at a picture or talk to a friend of his I feel like it was just yesterday.
The hope was to see Tom Papp Racing live on, not only in name, but by his legacy, the Stealth. It makes us smile to hear or read that each of you hold on to your most prized possessions, the boats he built for each of you. Home of the Fast Guys is alive and well in each of those masterpieces you call jet boats.
Not only does his name live on, but his "creations" do as well. I think even he would be surprised at how much he is truly missed!
"It is what it is" and if you don't think so "You've fallen and bumped your head"!
I love you Tommy!
Miss you to pieces.
Your little sis....Laura Beth :)