PDA

View Full Version : About 10 years ago

Cigalert
12-11-2007, 08:16 AM
There was an accident at Devil's elbow. 3 boats involved. The only boat we could see was pointing straight up with only the bow out of the water. Cushions, coolers, crap everywhere. Happened about 8 am. It was a quite a while ago but I believe the boat that was still visible was a lime green color. It's something I'm haunted by everytime I go through topock. From what I recall quite a few people lost their lives in this.
Anyone know anything about this accident?

yopengo
12-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Sad to say but I think this is almost an annual event. :eek: I actually like the no wake zone in Topock now.

Cigalert
12-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Sad to say but I think this is almost an annual event. :eek: I actually like the no wake zone in Topock now.
I realize it's happened a bunch...especially there. But I think about 12 people died. Luckily that doesn't happen annually. I was just wondering what happened to the dude we found. He had, what appeared to be, a spinal injury and we found him off to the west side about 1/4 mile south of the accident. He was writhing in pain and screaming like he was being mutilated everytime a boat would pass. After about 3 minutes you couldn't tell there was an accident because the current washed everything away. So we moved the boat parallel to the shore to try to knock down the wakes as best we could. He had a scare on his left leg from his hip to his knee. I decided to try to keep his mind off the current situation and ask about the scare. His reply "I was in a head-on car accident 6 months ago". A huey ended up coming in to pick up the survivors. I heard it was on rescue 911 but never saw anything about it.
The first time I saw the no wake bouys I was a little taken back but had a great opportunity to explain to my wife why we all need to be careful while driving the boat.

yopengo
12-11-2007, 08:50 AM
That is some scary shit. Thank God you were there to fish him out. Hopefully everything turned out okay for him.

Mattman
12-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I realize it's happened a bunch...especially there. But I think about 12 people died. Luckily that doesn't happen annually. I was just wondering what happened to the dude we found. He had, what appeared to be, a spinal injury and we found him off to the west side about 1/4 mile south of the accident. He was writhing in pain and screaming like he was being mutilated everytime a boat would pass. After about 3 minutes you couldn't tell there was an accident because the current washed everything away. So we moved the boat parallel to the shore to try to knock down the wakes as best we could. He had a scare on his left leg from his hip to his knee. I decided to try to keep his mind off the current situation and ask about the scare. His reply "I was in a head-on car accident 6 months ago". A huey ended up coming in to pick up the survivors. I heard it was on rescue 911 but never saw anything about it.
The first time I saw the no wake bouys I was a little taken back but had a great opportunity to explain to my wife why we all need to be careful while driving the boat.
I have it on tape. Where exactly it is at is another story. Did I tell you Steve and I received a Life Saving Commendation from LASO for that incident?? Do you remember the doctor that pulled up next to us and had a broken ankle? He had to give orders from his boat because he could not get wet. Also identifying ourselves to the helicopter pilot who talked to us via P.A. system?

Cigalert
12-11-2007, 04:14 PM
I have it on tape. Where exactly it is at is another story. Did I tell you Steve and I received a Life Saving Commendation from LASO for that incident?? Do you remember the doctor that pulled up next to us and had a broken ankle? He had to give orders from his boat because he could not get wet. Also identifying ourselves to the helicopter pilot who talked to us via P.A. system?
You really need to look for that tape. Congrats to you and steve. Yeah I remember the doc. And I also remember to never go anywhere with you if I don't want to run into some crazy ish.

topless
12-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Did you search here?
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=allgood2000