PDA

View Full Version : Light Vee

Phat_Kat
04-03-2003, 11:51 AM
I am looking to race light Vee singles in the future. Maybe a year or two, because
it really interests me. I was curious as to what I should pay for a boat with
and without power. Also if anyone out there has one for sale. I'm looking for an
enclosed cockpit that seats 2. If the engines blown or something I don't mind
because I'm going to build one up or look for a more dependable engine elsewhere.
It just needs to meet light vee requirements, I was looking at the 30ft phantom
speedster. Also for anyone who is well informed if there are any lower classes
that I could work my way up from please tell me.
Thanks

hpron
04-03-2003, 05:18 PM
You should look at Extreme boats..there is one for sale on offshoreonly.com..the old Extreme Marine..Rick Turmells boat..awesome set up..think he was looking for around 60k not rigged with power..when you say lite vee..I am assuming you meant super ........I will see him in Daytona next week...let me know if your interested..Wills boats are good [Phantom}..but follow how Kava Kava is doing..runs well with GM8100......

hpron
04-03-2003, 05:28 PM
Ricks shop number is 954-781-9469......this boat has ALL the APBA titles......tell him Ron from purple Haze F1-86 told ya to call......good luck....

Phat_Kat
04-03-2003, 06:32 PM
How long is the boat and what does it run without power? And yes I meant Super Vee Light class single.

hpron
04-04-2003, 01:37 AM
Same range as what you mentioned..you can see it in most power boat magazines..its the black one..says Extreme Marine.Call him..rick will fill you in on both boats..check out apba-offshore.com
You cant run your own motor in this class..its factory spec.....check out used raceboats in classified..

Phat_Kat
04-04-2003, 09:11 AM
well on the engine I was going to buy a merc that fit my needs because I can get a deal on those engines. So technically it's factory stock.