PDA

View Full Version : idiot at Lake Berryessa..there is always one in the crowd

elimination
05-22-2003, 08:10 PM
I finally finished my winter project and took it to the lake, after breaking the new engine in I put it on the trailer. (Boat is an Eliminator Daytona 19', with all the bells and whistles) I was being somewhat easy on the motor and it GPS'd at 86 without pushing it, not shabby. I get it back on the trailer and here comes a boat that looked like it had been sitting in the sun since it was built in 1969...motor looked like pick-n-pull deluxe. And the guy proceedes to ask me if I blew my power valve.I asked "why do you say that" he replies it was popping as you were coming across the lake. I said that would be my rev. limiter?? He drives around the corner and my friend hears him talking shit about "that guy thinks his boat is fast, I would kill that boat". As he starts up his boat I had to walk away when I heard the most stock motor that even open headers could not even help.
Sorry to vent but I couldn't believe that a guy who is in his late 50's would be intimidated my someone half his age just because I had a nicer boat. Good thing I'm going back this weekend....I suppose 45 does feel fast to someone that has never seen the other side of 50! cry

Danhercules
05-22-2003, 08:17 PM
HEY!! My boat dose a little over 60!!! ITS FAST!!!!!!!! ( to me!! :D )

GottaJet
05-22-2003, 08:58 PM
So what your saying is your young with a cool boat wink You should have just dropped it back in the water and shut him up... :D GJ

Reds75Makai
05-23-2003, 12:39 AM
Hey I remember you buddy. Your boat wasn't all that!!!
Nah I'm joking, that wasn't me.
I'll love to hear what people are gonna say about me. Cuz all I'll say is three words...."Bring it buddy!!!" I'm also a young guy with a sweet new ride.

Wet Dream
05-23-2003, 07:52 PM
elimination:
I was being somewhat easy on the motor and it GPS'd at 86 without pushing it,... I said that would be my rev. limiter?? How are you easy on a motor and manage to hit the rev limiter?

elimination
05-23-2003, 09:15 PM
Well to simply answer that....MSD offers something called a 6AL Ignition which you can adjust what RPM range you would like to limit your engine from exceeding. They offer a wide variety of modules that range from 3000 Rpm's to 10,800 RPM's so if you had an engine capable of running 7000 RPM's but only wanted to take it to 52, 53 , 54 etc. you could do that by simply changing a module and when you felt that your engine was ready to go higher you could just plug in what you wanted. So to further answer your question....I used the module I selected to protect the motor incase the pump exited the water or if my tach was not accurate or lastly if I just didn't want to constantly look down at the tach.
I hope that answered your question. idea

565edge
05-23-2003, 09:22 PM
Lets see some pics of that daytona.

76 sanger hydro
05-23-2003, 10:21 PM
YA ID LIKE TO SEE PICS OF THIS "DAYTONA" REMEMBER
WHAT SEPERATED THE MEN FROM BOYS IS THE PROP UNDER THEIR TOYS
V-DRIVES ARE FOREVER PUMPS ARE FOR THE MENTALLY DISTURBED
THIS IS YOUR PIMP BITCH!

Reds75Makai
05-23-2003, 10:55 PM
Origanlly posted by 76 Sanger Hydro
V-DRIVES ARE FOREVER PUMPS ARE FOR THE MENTALLY DISTURBED HAHA....That's funny because my doctor just asked me today if I owned a jet boat..... eek!

atomrotten
05-23-2003, 11:35 PM
I cant wait to hit the water in the morning!
Later Atom RoTTeN

LVjetboy
05-24-2003, 12:30 AM
Elimination,
I'm with gottajet. Drop it back in the water, back up your claim. No big deal.
Or at least challenge his claim and see if he backs down. Much better than posting with that story. If you know you can top him as you claim, then why the drama?
What if he was faster than you and you'll never know? He may've waxed your young ass.
jer

WETDAWG
05-24-2003, 10:51 AM
elimination,
You're right it only takes one idiot.
I hope you don't rate all us over 50 guys in the same category.
I think I have a cool boat but I have seen,admired and praised hundreds of "cooler" boats.
:D
I just wish I could have had a cool boat when I was younger. Good luck with your new motor.
Wave at me when you pass the 60mph mark

Wet Dream
05-24-2003, 06:58 PM
elimination:
Well to simply answer that....MSD offers something called a 6AL Ignition which you can adjust what RPM range you would like to limit your engine from exceeding. They offer a wide variety of modules that range from 3000 Rpm's to 10,800 RPM's so if you had an engine capable of running 7000 RPM's but only wanted to take it to 52, 53 , 54 etc. you could do that by simply changing a module and when you felt that your engine was ready to go higher you could just plug in what you wanted. So to further answer your question....I used the module I selected to protect the motor incase the pump exited the water or if my tach was not accurate or lastly if I just didn't want to constantly look down at the tach.
I hope that answered your question. idea So I guess you really wouldn't be able to get on the motor if you really wanted to. Unless of course you stopped, dialed in the box and got under way again? smile_sp Of course by then that mid-50's guy with the pick and pull engine would have smoked your pansy ass. :D
PS, I know what a 6AL is you dumb ass. And if you had the right F'ing setting, you would top out at about 200rpm below your grenade limit for your engine and leave it there. Don't give me any crap about your choice.
PSS, I love your topic title...
Idiot at Lake Berryessa...there is always one in the crowd. Have you looked in the mirror lately? burningm
[ May 24, 2003, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Wet Dream ]

elimination
05-24-2003, 11:01 PM
How are you easy on a motor and manage to hit the rev limiter?
If you were as knowledgable as you think you are you wouldn't ask stupid questions....ask a stupid question expect a stupid answer. You must be a direct decendant of that "idiot" I ran into. Furthermore I believe your problem is deeper down than the surface issue...are you feeling inadequate about your broke down poor ass,yer fat ass wife or just the fact that your time has come and gone and now your just one of those "I used to be" guys that would rather critisize someone else to make you feel better. yuk
In conclusion change your depends before you get a rash, shut your piehole before I club you like a baby seal and lastly think before you make a fool of yerself. And never let your aligator mouth override your hummingbird ass.
Stupid Biaaatch
Who gives a flying $#@! how fast the boat is or who's is faster, if your not racing enjoy it and help others. What goes around comes around and if yer an asshole it will catch up to you eventually.
So take it DEEP WETDREAM

Cas
05-26-2003, 09:51 AM
Maybe it was a set-up. He wanted you to think that was his boat when in reality, he had his real boat parked around the corner. All things aren't what they seem.
Where in No CA Elimination?
I'm in Sonoma and if you're interested, we've got a couple of good weekend trips coming up. ! at Shasta in June and then the biggie at Tower Park in Aug. We also have people doing things just about every weekend at various lakes here in No CA.
BTW, you ought to think about bringing your boat to Camp Far West on Father's Day. There's going to be a lot of boats there to go up against....if that's what you're into.
If not, it's pretty cool just to watch the others go at it.
[ May 26, 2003, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Cas ]

elimination
05-26-2003, 05:05 PM
CAS,
Yeah I was planning on going to CFW for Father's Day, we have about 10 or more boats coming from here in Napa Cnty.As far as the guy at the lake, I was up there yesterday and seen the boat for sale on the way there.
The lake was CRAZY, when we were leaving they brought in a guy that had been torn up by a propeller and had to be airlifted out.
What's the date for the Shasta trip? And what are ya sporting as well?

Cas
05-26-2003, 11:23 PM
Shasta is June 28/29 I believe. I'll have to check the calendar or you can check out the LBBA message board at http://frost.bbboy.net/laidbackboatersassociation
My boat? Well, I have a couple of them, a 21' Tahiti mini day type boat and a 19' Tahiti project I picked up a couple of months ago. The engine from the 21' is in the 19' right now just to see how the hull rides and to get some numbers on the difference weight makes. I'm in the process of putting a little blower motor together to go into the 19' at some point this summer.
When that happens, I'll probably be selling the 21' boat.

Reds75Makai
05-27-2003, 02:30 PM
Hey Cas, when you go to sell that 21' mini-day cruiser let me know, I might be interested in getting it.

Sangster
05-27-2003, 02:52 PM
Elimination....how fast is that there Squirt Boat....Bring them on Fathers day..It will be like an ass kickin' contest with a One legged Man.. I know of a few Jetboats that will run you ....And a lot of V-drives that wouldn't waste their time.. Look us up..Black Hydro #082...You'll need 117 gps or better.... :D
[ May 27, 2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

Badboat1
05-27-2003, 03:01 PM
All I can say go BUST HIS ASS next time you see that load of shit
BB1

spectratoad
05-27-2003, 03:24 PM
I am glad that I don't care about going fast. I have a 77 Spectra 20 with a tired motor. I GPS'd at 54mph. I do want to get a fresh motor and maybe get 60 out of it but this last weekend two tanks of fuel lasted 6 days. A run or two a day. I do admire the boats that crank on the heat though. They are sweet. :D

Cas
05-28-2003, 08:17 AM
Reds,
You can see a picture or 2 of it on at www.laidbackboaters.com (http://www.laidbackboaters.com) , there's some on the Shasta 2002 page, the Member's Page and at various other places.
My step son apparently has one of his co-workers that wants the boat and has offered me $5400.00 but as you know, money talks.
The boat is a 1978 Tahiti Super Cruiser with a fairly fresh 454, rebuilt last year a little better than stock. The interior was replaced at the beginning of last year including carpet. The pump in it is real tight but I'm thinking I'll put in a freshly rebuilt pump (Panther) when I sell it. The boat itself is solid and is pretty much turn key. If you're looking for something to go fast in, this isn't the boat for that, it's a good cruiser with a gps'd top speed af about 57 mph.
If all that still interests you and this other "deal" falls through, I'll let you know.
[ May 28, 2003, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Cas ]

elimination
05-28-2003, 11:01 AM
Sangster,
I already know who you are and you'll feel pretty bad when that "squirt boat" passes a V-drive. I have the handicap as you know and spanked one of your fellow V-drivers this weekend at Berryessa. I thought those Sanger Hydro's were fast but maybe he had some hydrilla wrapped around the prop. or some other likely excuse that is consistant when a jet walks ya. I know there are some fast boats at CFW but I never saw yers go 117, are you dislexic and it was actually 71.1??lol Have a good one and I'll see ya up there, it may not be the fastest but it sure is perdy!!! :D

Sangster
05-28-2003, 11:44 AM
The big difference is, You won't be running some idiot from Berryessa...See you there...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/118a44-med.jpg

77468sleekcraft
05-28-2003, 12:09 PM
some people are just jealeos ....like this okie jack ass who came up to me at the gas pumps and proceeded to tell me that if i wanted my boat to really go fast i should get rid of the dual holleys and go to edelbrocks.......YEA RIGHT..OK AND AS I WAS WALKING AWAY I COULD OF SWORN I HEARED DUELING BANJOS.... :D

Sangster
05-28-2003, 12:14 PM
77468sleekcraft:
some people are just jealeos ....like this okie jack ass who came up to me at the gas pumps and proceeded to tell me that if i wanted my boat to really go fast i should get rid of the dual holleys and go to edelbrocks.......YEA RIGHT..OK AND AS I WAS WALKING AWAY I COULD OF SWORN I HEARED DUELING BANJOS.... :D Probally gonna tell ya how Bad Ass his Oldsmobile is....

skeepwerkzaz
05-29-2003, 10:17 AM
I had a lady this weekend ask me if I mixed enough oil w/ my gas................... http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/4851st_1-med.bmpDoes this look like a weedwacker?

Kamakazi Ken
05-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Hey, Elmi.
I think you handled that guy from P.A. with class. I'll give you a top rating.
KK jawdrop

77468sleekcraft
05-30-2003, 12:19 AM
DEFINATALY DOESNT LOOK LIKE NO WEEDWACKER BUT LET ME TELL YA IF YA JUST PUT A COUPLE, NO IM JUST MESSING WITH YA,,,,BY THE WAY BITCHEN AIRPLANE...CHRIS :D

Sangster
05-30-2003, 06:58 AM
skeepwerkzaz:
I had a lady this weekend ask me if I mixed enough oil w/ my gas................... http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/4851st_1-med.bmpDoes this look like a weedwacker? No...But it's the Next Best Thing..... :D

Bad Meds
05-30-2003, 07:29 AM
Hey Elimination, I think we might have been at the same place at Berryessa.I believe Putah Creek. At least one guy that got chewed up by a prop was takin away there.Got any pic's of the boat ? I was camped in the L section by the ramp.( purple ez-up) Next time stop by and say hi.Always fun meeting people from the boards.
See Ya

LakesOnly
05-30-2003, 07:30 PM
76 sanger hydro:
...PUMPS ARE FOR THE MENTALLY DISTURBED...
Gee 76SH, you say that like being disturbed is a bad thing... :cool:
[ May 30, 2003, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: LakesOnly ]