PDA

View Full Version : Petrino quits Atlanta?????????

Not So Fast
12-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Am I hearing this right? Bobby Petrino quits as head coach of the Atlanta Falcons. He will become the new head coach of Arkansas University.
The drift of this report seems to be that the Micheal Vick travesty is bringing down the entire organization, WOW:eek: NSF

Jbb
12-12-2007, 07:45 AM
.....yep (https://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172667)

ratso
12-12-2007, 07:49 AM
What a freakin' flake... and the owner was praising him during MNF... Guess the idiot never considered telling anyone else with the organization and discussing how to handle it.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
12-12-2007, 07:59 AM
Can you blame the guy? I'd want to get the hell away from that team as fast as i could.

Rvr Swpr
12-12-2007, 08:11 AM
Can you blame the guy? I'd want to get the hell away from that team as fast as i could.
Right,the owner thought it was important to sit in the broadcast booth with those idiots the other night. They were hardly covering the game.ESPN needs to pull that plug now.FRom now on watch the game w/radio on.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
12-12-2007, 08:15 AM
I totally agree. Tony Kornheiser is the worst. Torico needs a better gig- I like the guy. But the rest are terrible. I think I've watched only a few MNF games this year. Get Madden and Michaels back.

SMILEMAKER
12-12-2007, 08:59 AM
:D Bobby thought MV was going to PetCO to get some dog food and would be right back!!! He was wrong:idea:

Arkansas
12-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Let me be the first to say.....
Woo Pig Sooey:) :) :)

Ziggy
12-12-2007, 11:03 AM
What a freakin' flake... and the owner was praising him during MNF... Guess the idiot never considered telling anyone else with the organization and discussing how to handle it.
Owner probably sensed it and that was his last ditch effort to keep him around, is my feeling.

Old Texan
12-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Go on ESPN and read the article by Pat Forde. It's scathing. He calls Petrino the disingenuous drifter throughout the article. You might remember Petrino wa the coach that had that secret meeting with Auburn while he was at Louisville and then lied about it. He's had like 14 jobs in 15 years.
Petino was a bad hire that never had control of his locker room. I predicted he'g be gone after the blow up earlier in the year with Deangelo(sp) Hall. Hall has talent but his arrogant character makes him tough to coach and he got the upper hand in front of the team when Petrino suspended him for what was it, a quarter? No respect from the pros.
I'm really surprised Arkansas hired him.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Go on ESPN and read the article by Pat Forde. It's scathing. He calls Petrino the disingenuous drifter throughout the article. You might remember Petrino wa the coach that had that secret meeting with Auburn while he was at Louisville and then lied about it. He's had like 14 jobs in 15 years.
Good article. Petrino is not a trustworthy person based on what Forde wrote. Only option after he leaves Arkansas would be the Raiders...

Hardly Satisfied
12-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Can't handle the NFL

JMC
12-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Can't handle the NFL
....or the thugs. I cant blame him. Why put up with all the shit he has had to? 6mm a year to get your face smeared all over the country....the Vick stink doesn't just wash off your skin. BP was ready to go, he is 48, 4 or 5 kids with 2 still at home. Im sure the kids caught plenty of crap from other kids and parents over the Vick deal. BP is ready to actually coach again, instead of dealing with idiotic players that are actually employee's. Besides, he is ready to give Miles and Saban a run in the best conference in the country:)