PDA

View Full Version : Neighbors and Loud Music

Sotally Tober
03-06-2006, 09:39 PM
First, I live on 5 acres. So 3 months ago I was playing Phatt Matts OP69 mix in my truck as I was washing it outside in the middle of the afternoon. Loud but not very loud. A neighbor from the next development walked over and introduced himself. I was very friendly as he was. He never mentioned anything about the music. I brought my boat home this weekend and had the tunes cranked about half way. I was throwing the ball to the dog and my 3 year son. It was off by 18:00 and was on for no more than 2 hours. So my wife tells me that there was a letter on our mailbox. This is the same guy! He states that he heard the bass, and he can hear it crystal clear in his house. I think I was listening to Kenny Chesney. He states that he has heard it many times. I can not even see this guys house from mine. I bet he is 1000' away. He did say that if a was around that his fridge was full of cold beer. WTF? I have never played it late at night and it is not that loud to me. Who is in the wrong here? It makes me want to turn it up louder but that is not right.
What should I do.

Red Horse
03-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Continue as you were untill he can come ask you like a man!! :cool:

Throttle
03-06-2006, 09:44 PM
I would put the blame on phat matt! oh yeah, turn it up.... not really, sounds like you are being respecfull so dont change anything...

moneypit
03-06-2006, 09:47 PM
You should call the cops and tell them that some dude was in your mailbox. I think he might have been sifting through your mail :D

Sotally Tober
03-06-2006, 10:10 PM
You should call the cops and tell them that some dude was in your mailbox. I think he might have been sifting through your mail :D
Thats Fockin great. I do not want to give in but I do want to be respectful.

Phat Matt
03-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Keep playing loud. He will grow to love house music. :D
I take full responsibility so blame it on me. :D

YeLLowBoaT
03-06-2006, 10:14 PM
If the can really hear the music in his house 1000 ft away. ITS TOO DAMN LOUD. If he really can hear it I would bet you could be cited for "disturbing the peice". I would also be willing to bet that there is a db limit for music played in your area. You would be amazed at what is on the books that is not enforeced, that is until some 1 complains.

Sotally Tober
03-06-2006, 10:23 PM
If the can really hear the music in his house 1000 ft away. ITS TOO DAMN LOUD. If he really can hear it I would bet you could be cited for "disturbing the peice". I would also be willing to bet that there is a db limit for music played in your area. You would be amazed at what is on the books that is not enforeced, that is until some 1 complains.
I could just barely hear it in my house when I was 10' feet from the exterior door. I could be deaf. I think the guy could hear it outside but no way inside his house unless it is made of cardboard. I do have to find out the laws next time the cops stop by the station. I do know there are laws for disturbing the peace. I have not done anything different for 3+ years and have never had a complaint.

Sotally Tober
03-06-2006, 10:25 PM
Keep playing loud. He will grow to love house music. :D
I take full responsibility so blame it on me. :D
Whats your address? I tell him that you made it :) .

YeLLowBoaT
03-06-2006, 10:30 PM
I could just barely hear it in my house when I was 10' feet from the exterior door. I could be deaf.
If you play loud music alot you could be. :) Even if he can hear it out side of his house @1000 ft its still too loud. look at it from his point of veiw... lets says some 1 next to you blasted a type of music you can't "stand" would you complain? I know if I lived 1000 ft away from some 1 and I could hear thier music I would be pisted.( assuming its not like a onces or twice a month party/bbq, then I wouldn't mind...)

moneypit
03-06-2006, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=YeLLowBoaT] I would be pisted [QUOTE]
lol

Sotally Tober
03-06-2006, 10:36 PM
I was joking about being deaf. I get a physical annually for the FD and my ears are good. I havent played it for 3 months as it is coming out of winter here. During the summer months it is about 2 times a month for less than an hour. When I have washed my truck.
I do understand your point.

Chubby4Life
03-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Maybe your neighbor is just milling around waiting for you to invite him over. I would prolly take him up on his "fridge of beer" and see exactly what's up. Who knows what will happen, maybe you'll make a new freind or worst case, you boozed up on someone elses dime and a small pissing match will insue.
C4L

XtrmWakeborder
03-06-2006, 11:06 PM
If he could hear it then turn it down, if not then keep it the same. At least you don't have a guy across the street from you blasting snow white and the 7 dwarfs, 101 dalmations and other disney tunes....and no he does not have kids :crossx:

SummitKarl
03-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Maybe your neighbor is just milling around waiting for you to invite him over. I would prolly take him up on his "fridge of beer" and see exactly what's up. Who knows what will happen, maybe you'll make a new freind or worst case, you boozed up on someone elses dime and a small pissing match will insue.
C4L
I am Thinking along the same lines here,
He could hear it and liked it enough to ask you over for a beer, did the letter ask you to turn it down?, I am thinking you just might have made a new friend and might have the same taste in music. on the other hand sound does carry anyone that goes to river knows that, just as long as your not blasting to early or to late.
Take him up on his offer you may get info as to WHEN!!! it's cool to crank it up a bit :wink:

jtmarten
03-07-2006, 04:26 AM
Have the music playing the same volume as usual when you go over to have a beer. That way you'll know if he really can hear it there or not.

Jbb
03-07-2006, 04:36 AM
The answer to your predicament is as simple as two words....Mega Bass...
http://www.digitalgrabber.com/images/reviews/bigsub/60Inches.jpg

Jbb
03-07-2006, 04:39 AM
I would be pisted.( assuming its not like a onces or twice a month party/bbq, then I wouldn't mind...)
Brown pisted me off once .........Canatard....

NOTALENT
03-07-2006, 06:38 AM
Until 10pm there is no such thing as loud music. :crossx: If he wants to complain, give him something to complain about.....Got an P.A's???? :D
If you dont want to be a dick, play it at the same volume drive down by where he is and see for yourself how loud it is.....

centerhill condor
03-07-2006, 06:54 AM
he's trying to be cool and low key... he's a new neighbor and wants to "get along" to borrow a phrase.. yellow boat is right... so go see the guy and take him up on the beer you'll get along great... everybody needs some boundaries and you being the senior neighbor can use this opportunity to build a friendship and improve the community.
He'll likely want to boat with you and you've got a new boating buddy to help pay the petrol
or you can get into a pisting contest with the new guy and I'm sure some of the other folks around will be glad to join in! woo hoo...
another hallmark moment or a court date... you decide!
no charge..

MagicMtnDan
03-07-2006, 07:07 AM
Maybe it's not YOUR music that is too loud. Could it be someone else's?
Have you gone over to his house to see just how loud your music is?

Jordy
03-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Did he actually use the USPS to send you the letter or did he just place it there himself? Seems to me that the Postal Inspectors frown on that type of do it yourself mailman behavior and they have some bite to back up the bark. :D :D :D

BadKachina
03-07-2006, 07:21 AM
Sounds like he just wants to spend some quality time with you, some cold beers, music with lots of bass. I think you're getting your signals all mixed up, maybe he's coming on to you and you don't realize it................ :jawdrop:

Schiada76
03-07-2006, 08:02 AM
It's not really the loud music.
He wants you to come over for a beer and some broke back neighbor luvin. :220v: :D

a catered life
03-07-2006, 08:23 AM
Continue as you were untill he can come ask you like a man!! :cool:
right this is the road i would take

2Driver
03-07-2006, 08:26 AM
I don't get why people can't professionally address the situation in person. He is being a bit of a puss bag. In his behalf, I don’t want to hear my neighbors shit and that’s why I am on 7 acres to begin with. However, when it's popped up I go directly to the person and address it professionally. It's always worked out.
My suggestion: Take the high road, you have to be neighbors and good ones are nice to have around.

Sotally Tober
03-07-2006, 10:46 AM
He never said anything when I first met him. The music was on then. That is the interesting part. He taped the envelope on the outside of the mailbox. I will post it when I get the chance. I do not think he was the type that wanted to hang out. He was 20 years older than me and dressed in a sweater and slacks. A bit on the goofy side. They are million + homes. I just he would of just manned up and talked to me in person. I'm not saying sweater and slack guys are bad, just not my type that would want to "hang out" with me. I'm surprised he even drank beer, more of a wine guy if he drank at all.
Maybe the Brokeback neighbor is what he wants.