PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Carribean 18-ft Jet Boat

Big H
12-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Sadly I have run myself to the end of my rope so to speak. I purchased this boat almost 3 years ago and unfortunately I kept changing my mind and motor combinations until finally arriving at today and I have never even had this darn thing on the water. Boat is in excellent shape due to being garaged by the previous owner and myself. As you can see in the pics, the original graphics were covered for one of the Havasu Havoc truck and boat shows. Do not worry as they are only vinyl and will be not be on the boat when you decide to make it yours. When I purchased the boat it had just had fresh carpet laid over a new sub-floor. The twin aluminum fuel tanks hold 12 gallons each. Gauges are stainless face Hardin Marine with chrome bezels. All throttle, steering, forward/reverse controls, and tie down points are anodized red. The Berkeley 12JG-I was fully detailed by Performance Jet in Northern California. It is a Stage IV with a stainless loader impeller, hardened Aquamet shaft, Aggressor Mag Bronze "A" impeller, wear ring cut down, hand hole was filled, and an air bleeder was installed. Berkeley droop snoot. Place Diverter with FTN nozzle. Lightning polished rail kit installed by Tom Papp. Boat bottom has been refinished once to remove the hook and is covered with Speed Coat.
Trailer is a 1989 Trail-Rite dual axle. I modified the tongue and forward section of the trailer to be a swing away or because it has dual pins, you can also remove it all together and lock it in your truck. All the forward sections of the trailer are now 2x4 box tubing except the neck itself. Right after completion I drug the trailer from Simi Valley to Chula Vista. From Chula Vista to San Clemente. From San Clemente to Anaheim and then finally to Lake Havasu and back to Simi Valley. I certify that the new trailer modifications are sturdy as hell. The wheels are okay but the trailer tires could definitely use replacement as they are getting old and showing signs of cracking.
This sale is for the boat and trailer only. The interior is brand new but not in the boat as the interior shop is holding the seats for ransom. Should you desire them (they are super nice, way better than factory) I can give you the contact but know that he wants $1500. The blower motor is not currently in the boat nor for sale. I would like $4000 for the boat and trailer. Add an interior and motor and you'll be sitting on one nice ride. The boat is currently in Simi Valley at my friend's shop and I am in San Clemente.
Harley (949) 246-6039 or harley@harcamindustries.com
Boat with full motor, interior, and vinyl graphics.
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r229/LocalHA/6.jpg
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r229/LocalHA/3.jpg
These are the actual graphics and in the second image you can see where the front of the trailer was modified. It's still in bare metal here.
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r229/LocalHA/BoatDeck.jpg
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r229/LocalHA/BoatProfile.jpg

Big H
12-15-2007, 05:49 PM
If anyone has an interest in this I am open to offers. I do not get to keep my toys any longer. Feel free to talk with me about it. We can't make a deal if you don't communicate with me.

YeLLowBoaT
12-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Nice looking boat.

Big H
12-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Nice looking boat.
I appreciate the positive comment. I like it too but I am out of work right now and need to liquidate a bit. :cry:

Big H
09-21-2008, 04:33 PM
After deciding not to sell this boat (since I made it this far from the original post from December 2007) I am once again interested in moving this to someone who will put it back on the water. My finances have me strapped to the wall and I will send this boat to a new home for the paltry sum of $2000. The pump and rail kit alone are more than that so whomever chooses to grab it up will be getting a nice boat in their hands for a way fair price.
Harley
(949) 246-6039 or harley@harcamindustries.com
Thanks for looking!