PDA

View Full Version : Deserters......

Jbb
12-13-2007, 03:30 PM
and their excuses.... (http://www.time.com/time/photoessays/2007/deserters_nosh_a/)....:jawdrop:

delemorte
12-13-2007, 03:37 PM
i got no sympathy for deserters.

adjones419
12-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Here's an idea...if you don't like being told what to do, don't join the military. :idea:

Jbb
12-13-2007, 03:41 PM
That is a problem that is much bigger than I thought....

Jyruiz
12-13-2007, 03:51 PM
F them.

WestTNRiverRat
12-13-2007, 04:04 PM
My nephew is on his way back from his 3rd tour in Iraq. He should be home right at Christmas. My son-in-law left for his second tour August 20, four days after his first and only child was born. He'll be gone for 16 months. Between them they have 5 Purple Hearts. I don't have any sympathy for a deserter. Put your name on the dotted line and fulfill your obligations.
I may not agree on how some things are being handled over there but I support the troops 100%.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-13-2007, 04:07 PM
I don't have any sympathy for a deserter. Put your name on the dotted line and fulfill your obligations.
I may not agree on how some things are being handled over there but I support the troops 100%.
Never been in the military but I agree 100%

Pete454
12-13-2007, 04:25 PM
When you sign that dotted line think of the worst that can happen, and hope for the best. After 22 years in the Navy, I dont regret a day there. and have all the compasion for the brave men and women the serve in our armed forces.
The quitter's well thanks for nothing, and hope you never make back into the country you deserted!

IDRPSTF
12-13-2007, 04:30 PM
I thought this thread was about people moving back away from Havasu:D

Trailer Park Casanova
12-13-2007, 05:06 PM
U You
S Signed the
M Mutherf*ckin
C Contract

Troy McClure
12-13-2007, 05:51 PM
That's sad. Those guys knew what they signed up for.
I have a few guys that work for me that are in the military, one on his second tour is coming home this Sunday. Another was in the Army and served and recently joined the Air Force Reserves.
They are all good guys, not necessarily the smartest, but they are young. Although they are not the biggest/toughest guys I've seen, I'm pretty sure they would all think that those in the picture montage were weak.
Pretty sad, maybe when the deserters get out of prison they can go work for PETA or Greenpeace. Sad.

Racey
12-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Ridiculous excuses, you knew what you signed up for, you don't go into the military expecting to run the show, you know that you are there to do as you are told. If i were over there i'd be glad these p*ssies left, there is no way i'd trust one of these punks to watch my back. idiots like these guys get our good guys killed. These guys will be quiters for the rest of their lives, and amount to nothing.

Riverkid
12-13-2007, 06:53 PM
U You
S Signed the
M Mutherf*ckin
C Contract
in the Suck...:D :D

Mardonzi
12-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Waaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I want the bonuses and the education benefits but I don't want to fulfill my obligations... F*ck em...
Notice that with the exception of the one E-5, they were all E-3 and lower. Todays youth seems to think that everything should be a handout without ever having to pay the piper for what you get.

Big Warlock
12-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Focking Losers!!!!

lilrick
12-13-2007, 09:04 PM
recruiters work pretty hard to persuade young desperate people to join. The military is not for everyone. If it's voluntary , why can't you leave? I'll bet there are more recruiters in low income areas than oh lets say....Irvine.

Troy McClure
12-13-2007, 09:55 PM
recruiters work pretty hard to persuade young desperate people to join. The military is not for everyone. If it's voluntary , why can't you leave? I'll bet there are more recruiters in low income areas than oh lets say....Irvine.
Desperate??? No one I know in the Military is desperate. If you know that if you join, you gain all the benifits but you can't leave until you fulfill your commitment, is it still voluntary? Well yes. What don't people understand there? What's your argument?
As far as recruiters focusing on low income areas, that just stupid. If recruiters only focused on middle class, upper income areas, you would be complaining about how the Gov't only provides opportunities to the "rich" folk.

SinisterGrin
12-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Why the fock is Time sympathizing with deserters? Every single one of those ignorant puzzies needs to be slapped upside the head. Completely cowardly thing to do, hey, heaven called and said they got your balls on lay away and your never getting them back because you don't deserve them fag. Life called dudes and said its time to grow the fock up and take responsibility for your actions. Set those dudes down in front of me and a couple other Army Rangers and see what happens. I could go on for days:mad:

SinisterGrin
12-14-2007, 12:21 AM
If you are too damn stupid to not read what you are signing then you deserve it. I was a recruiter, don't give me that low income bs, Everybody is treated the same way, there are recruiters all over, don't stereotype it. Sure its a fact that there is a good amount of people in the military that come from middle and lower class, so, its wrong that its an option for them? Unfortunately there are people out there that don't eat schit off a gold plate every night and do need tens of thousands of dollars to go to college. Some people end up spending their career in the military. Either way it doesn't change the fact that those dudes are cowards and quitters and lack the intestinal and testicular fortitude to own up to their word.

Pete454
12-14-2007, 05:06 AM
I wouldnt say desperate , more like not sure what direction they want to take thier life , I grew up middle class, but needed some direction, and self disciplne. Thats what I got the first 4 years, and the money wasnt bad, the work not bad, (I was a Aircraft Structures Mechanic). Met Some awesome people from all over , and travelled extensively. which was half the reason of joining. I wanted to see what the world is all about. Im Retired and pull in a few bucks every month. And now I work 10 months out of the year and do what I want. War isnt pretty, but once you commit, you dont put your tail between youre legs and run.
Again I hope they can never return to the United States.

77Woodbridge
12-14-2007, 05:24 AM
The military damn sure isn't for everbody, but these guys all knew the score before signing up.
No one can claim that they got blind sided, sweet talked or some how misled.
We've been at war somewhere in the world for the last 16 years.
Blood shed was part of the ticket.

haysonj
12-14-2007, 06:04 AM
Unless you guys have been there and done that you all should keep your opinions to yourself. No one understands the fear of war until they are there. I wonder how many of you have ever tried to get a little sleep when some asshole is droping 140 mm rockets on you from a mile away. I'm not fond of deserters but at least I' ve been there. I spent 17 months in the northern Icor of Vietnam in 1967 & 68 and believe me if I had known then what I know now I would not have joined.

pancho
12-14-2007, 06:24 AM
i`m a commercial fisherman and can totally relate,we get these guys that figure they are just gonna fly in and collect a gob of cash,a contract is no different than a handshake,man up and fulfill you're agreement.when i see a greenhorn that isn`t coping i tell them finish the trip to the best of you're ability and don't come back,by trying you get a level of respect,i work on a small boat and one person makes a huge difference,if you quit on us you're life goes to a level that does not need explaining

haysonj
12-14-2007, 06:58 AM
Honesty, Intergrity, and a mans good word all come from a mans father and so many of todays men are raised by their mother. I feel for the mothers as they are trying but where are the low lifes that bring these kids into the world. Probably In Havi in a hot boat:devil: :devil: :devil:

spectratoad
12-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Deserters have ZERO synpathy from me. That video was only a politicallymotivated piece. If you can't fulfill your contract then you should go to jail. Funny to think that these guys can never get a job that would require a background check and they are alwyas looking over their shoulders. :D

Pheelin Phroggy
12-14-2007, 03:59 PM
well.... been there, done that for over 20 years, 12 in the Infantry during several different unique deployments... and served as a recruiter in several locations for 5 years.. enlistees come from all classes of citzens..predominately from So Cal was middle class.. they have goals and are willing to put it all on the line to secure a vehicle to achieve those goals, which is typical of the drive and dedication most soldiers have before joining.
As far as deserters... there is a soldier somewhere taking fire without his battle buddy to help cover his ass... because some coward refused to honor his/her commitment. It is hard enough when the public turns its back on soldiers... but there is no excuse for a fellow soldier to do so...it can be as mentally dangerous as the enemy is, to a small unit.. but I am not without compassion and believe there is still a place on the front lines for deserters which are caught... I believe the command is "Move out... Draw fire"
JMHO