PDA

View Full Version : Antiques, Valuables - Anyone know

OnlyMoney
12-13-2007, 05:26 PM
where to find out how much one might sell them for?
We have a few unique items including a LARGE antique chinese screen, an antique billiard table and a cool old bronze.
I've looked up the bronze artist and there's nothing about his old stuff.
eBay had nothing on any of these. The local antique people have no idea about stuff like this.
Anyone, anyone?? :confused:

Classic Daycruiser
12-13-2007, 06:12 PM
There is a difference between used stuff and antiques...I'm just not sure where a person draws the line. How do you determine if some thing is antique, as opposed to just some old junk.
Put it on E bay. :D :D

delemorte
12-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Just to ask a obvious question.
you did Google this stuff right?

sleekcraft80
12-13-2007, 06:19 PM
I just did a search for antique appraisals and came up with alot of online appraisers. There is also Sothebys online

OnlyMoney
12-13-2007, 06:24 PM
I just did a search for antique appraisals and came up with alot of online appraisers. There is also Sothebys online
That might be who we have to go through.
The bronze seems to have a lot of history and I can't find a single thing about it online....I think it's 1 of 5 or so from back in the day. It's about 6 feet long and a foot or 2 high.
We had to do a whole house out here recently with his mom passing, but this stuff isn't just the junk stuff...it's the kind fo stuff they bought while traveling the world back in the 50's-60's.
Thanks for your help guys!

squirt'nmyload
12-13-2007, 06:24 PM
maybe the antiques roadshow website can help you out
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/roadshow/

sleekcraft80
12-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Check out Bonhams and Butterfields. They are in LA. They have days where you can take articles in for appraisals.
www.bonhams.com

OnlyMoney
12-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Check out Bonhams and Butterfields. They are in LA. They have days where you can take articles in for appraisals.
www.bonhams.com
Um, yeah, none are moveable without a moving truck. :idea:
I'll give them a looksie though. Thanks!