PDA

View Full Version : Cops are next door...

Outnumbered
12-13-2007, 11:19 PM
I here some yelling outside tonight so I peek out the window. A car is stopped in the middle of the street about 3 houses down the block. A girl and guy get out, walk around to the back door, open it up and drag this dude out into the street and then get back in the car and drive off. The dude crawls and staggers down the street and passes out in the neighbor's yard. I'm not sure what to think (is he beat-up or drunk or?) so I call the cops. When I go back to check on the dude, he is gone. Cops come out and start searching around the area. They find him at the house next door.
My neighbors are a nice quite 30'ish couple who never bother anyone or party etc. We are in a typical new suburban family neighborhood. This was an odd ordeal.
Turns out it was my neighbor. I guess he got all hammered and his "friends" dumped him in the street 2 houses from his front door.:confused: I felt like a tool for calling the popo but this is the last guy you would expect to see this happen to. The part I can't figure out is why they left him in the street. If these were friends they should have carried him in the door or at least parked in his driveway. Turns out the wife was home and the cops did a welfare check on him because it was a weird deal. She just said he was out with friends and over did it.:idea:
Any theories?:D

Bow Tie Omega
12-14-2007, 12:05 AM
That sucks.......I hope it was booze and nothing else. Sounds feasible. We just has cops at the end of the street last night. Some guy that looked out of place was snooping around.......My wife called the cops. They were here in 30 seconds.....The dude had a wad of $3000 cash in his pocket. He was supposedly selling something, had no literature, took a taxi up, no reciept. I guess he did not pass the truth test for the deputy, he was hauled to jail. Sounds like the guy was scoping some homes for heists in the next two weeks.....Tis the season. The downside to living in a nice, decent area is the rat bastards that want to come break into your homes during Christmas time and ruin Christmas. Why dont these fockers just get jobs, do thier time and work their way up the food chain like everybody else so they can live here instead of steal from here.
Sorry to steal your thread.

Magic34
12-14-2007, 12:53 AM
I here some yelling outside tonight so I peek out the window. A car is stopped in the middle of the street about 3 houses down the block. A girl and guy get out, walk around to the back door, open it up and drag this dude out into the street and then get back in the car and drive off. The dude crawls and staggers down the street and passes out in the neighbor's yard. I'm not sure what to think (is he beat-up or drunk or?) so I call the cops. When I go back to check on the dude, he is gone. Cops come out and start searching around the area. They find him at the house next door.
My neighbors are a nice quite 30'ish couple who never bother anyone or party etc. We are in a typical new suburban family neighborhood. This was an odd ordeal.
Turns out it was my neighbor. I guess he got all hammered and his "friends" dumped him in the street 2 houses from his front door.:confused: I felt like a tool for calling the popo but this is the last guy you would expect to see this happen to. The part I can't figure out is why they left him in the street. If these were friends they should have carried him in the door or at least parked in his driveway. Turns out the wife was home and the cops did a welfare check on him because it was a weird deal. She just said he was out with friends and over did it.:idea:
I would have ran him over with the Rhino. :D

Magic34
12-14-2007, 01:04 AM
2 years ago on 4th of July, the neighbors directly behind me were not in town but left the teenagers at home. They had a party and after 11 PM I was done with the noise. I called the cops 5 times and they never showed.
So fast forward a few months and another neighbor behind me 1 house over is loud late at night. I thought another damn party, but this time they had the outdoor speakers going and they were in the pool and yelling while having fun. I could hear what they were saying through my closed windows and our lots are 2/3 acre.
I went out back, got on top of my wall and yelled at the top of my lungs to shut the hell up. They are no more than 100' away and they can hear a dam thing I am saying.
So knowing the cops are slow and wont show (being pissed for my 4th of July night), I get dressed, it is midnight at this point and I am sick and tired, I hop in the Rhino and drive around the street and pull my Rhino up on their grass with the front tires resting on thier fountain.
I turn all the lights on in the Rhino to blind out whoever comes to the door. Rhino is facing the huge double doors made of glass. :)
So I start knocking and ringing the bell expecting to have some teenage punks come out and start trouble. That is why I had the lights on the rhino to blind them, so they didn't know how many of us were out there. I was solo :D.
No one is answering and I hear them playing out back still. Now I start to shake the doors and rattle them hard. These are like $40k doors and it seemed like I was trying to get in the house. All of a sudden a guy comes walking down from upstairs like he just woke up... fockin ambien. :)
I stay strong and tough because I dont know what is about to go down and the guy wouldn't open the door. I wasn't going to or want to fight, but he didn't know that. We have some words then he goes out and yells at his kids who were about 17 y/o.
I couldn't believe that the parents were home. I thought I was going to have trouble with a hot head teenager. He said he didn't like the lights in his house. Good thing he didn't know I was partially on his fountain and fully on his grass. :D
Next time, I wont be the hero and call the cops from my bed. I think that was the point of this story.

Bow Tie Omega
12-14-2007, 02:59 AM
Shiotty neighbors suck. We had these neighbors down the street for years growing up, they were the most inconsiderate focks around. Made all kinds of noise in their little 5 person heated "pool". He was a cop for Irvine PD and acted like it. Always firing up their dirt bikes and had their RV in the driveway. But god forbid if we had our boat out in the street for a week, he was the one calling the association and complaining. What sucked most about him....we could not call the police because he was the police

v-drive
12-14-2007, 03:38 AM
Shiotty neighbors suck. We had these neighbors down the street for years growing up, they were the most inconsiderate focks around. Made all kinds of noise in their little 5 person heated "pool". He was a cop for Irvine PD and acted like it. Always firing up their dirt bikes and had their RV in the driveway. But god forbid if we had our boat out in the street for a week, he was the one calling the association and complaining. What sucked most about him....we could not call the police because he was the police
Yeah but we had the last laugh didn't we.
:D :D :coffeycup :coffeycup v-drive

WestTNRiverRat
12-14-2007, 04:39 AM
The part I can't figure out is why they left him in the street. If these were friends they should have carried him in the door or at least parked in his driveway. Turns out the wife was home and the cops did a welfare check on him because it was a weird deal. She just said he was out with friends and over did it.:idea:
Sounds like his friends were too trashed to remember which house he lived in. Probably figured they got him to the right street, his drunk azz should be able to crawl to his house. :D

ratso
12-14-2007, 05:05 AM
Well, he's lucky he doesn't live next to the "Horn" residence...:D

Outnumbered
12-14-2007, 08:02 AM
Sounds like his friends were too trashed to remember which house he lived in. Probably figured they got him to the right street, his drunk azz should be able to crawl to his house. :D
That is the best theory. My wife also came up with this one.:D

Outnumbered
12-14-2007, 08:05 AM
That is the thing, these people are great neighbors for the most part. Been here about 4 years and no issues. They are just very quiet and don't talk too much.
That is one reason why I called the cops. It was not like they were doing this on a regular basis. Pretty funny looking back on it but still a little odd:idea:

RiverToysJas
12-14-2007, 08:11 AM
I think I'm going to name my next Rottie "Cops".
.....give new meaning to......"I'M CALLING THE COPS!" :devil:
RTJas :D

Big Warlock
12-14-2007, 08:12 AM
You did the right thing, you didn't know who it was nor his condition. If it had ben worse, at least you might have saved his life. Don't think about it for another minute!!

RiverToysJas
12-14-2007, 08:17 AM
his why I perfer to live in low-class neighborhoods, where being drunk and passed out on the lawn doesn't draw a second look. ;)
RTJas :D

Cigalert
12-14-2007, 08:25 AM
You did the right thing, you didn't know who it was nor his condition. If it had ben worse, at least you might have saved his life. Don't think about it for another minute!!
Agreed. Imagine if he crawled out of sight but still in the street and someone came along and plowed right over him. Would you still feel bad for calling the popo?

LhcBrad
12-14-2007, 08:26 AM
This is our great neighborhood, they got hauled away http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45191&d=1197649544

Outnumbered
12-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Talked to the neighbor guy last night. Told me he got food poisoning:D I was like....OK:rolleyes:
Anyway, he was cool and was not pissed at all. I told him I was sorry but was concerned for the "guy" crawling down the street etc. We're all good:D

bchbum
12-15-2007, 11:47 PM
This reminds me about the drunk neighbor in his underwear someone here has . Wonder how he is doing & hows his truck . Are there any updates on him ?

topless
12-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Talked to the neighbor guy last night. Told me he got food poisoning:D I was like....OK:rolleyes:
Anyway, he was cool and was not pissed at all. I told him I was sorry but was concerned for the "guy" crawling down the street etc. We're all good:DFood poisoning my ass. He thinks you believe that?

MADDOG355
12-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Turns out the wife was home and the friends did not want to be anywhere around when he crawled in 3hrs late in his condition.
Smart people:D
Fixed it for ya.