PDA

View Full Version : Ya ever loose a great neighbor? They are rare.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-14-2007, 03:52 AM
About $7200 a month was my neighbor Craigs monthly nut to keep his home.
He just couldn't make it anymore, and it closed escrow this week, Craig taking a $42.000 loss on the transaction.
The new owner moving in has a pissy arrogant short mans complex.
Craig was great. A party every nite, an endless stream of great friends would rotate through each week. He was always there to help with some crazy project I was in.
We lobstered off channel islands, rode quads & M/C's,, he'd join us with his gf at the river and the trip took on 1000% more fun,,, he watched our home, mow'd the lawns n fed the cat when the wife and I took a hot lap around the USA in our RV,,
Ever loose a great neighbor?

JetBoatRich
12-14-2007, 04:38 AM
"Great Neighbors" are rare, sounds like you had a good one Ross:D

ratso
12-14-2007, 05:07 AM
My neighbors wish I would move... party every weekend... :D

FOXMAN
12-14-2007, 05:42 AM
My neighbors wish I would move... party every weekend... :D
So do mine.. They are my ex-inlaws :eek:

ratso
12-14-2007, 05:57 AM
So do mine.. They are my ex-inlaws :eek:
Oh man I could have so much fun in a situation like that!:D

photo chick
12-14-2007, 06:21 AM
Oh man I could have so much fun in a situation like that!:D
That would be called a compound in your case.....:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-14-2007, 07:08 AM
We had a great one also. They cashed out their ranch next to us and moved to Texas about 2 years ago. I never minded so much when Jeff left to Mexico or the desert because I knew that Chris was next door if I needed anything. He was a former Army MP. He helped Jeff take care of those loose fighting dogs that tried to eat me through my dining room window at 10pm on a rainy night. Actually, he took care of the dogs. He helped Jeff hang doors and Jeff helped him cut up the Eucalyptus that fell in his front yard, and kill a skunk cornered under a culvert. We took care of each others animals when we went on vacations. We brought back gifts for each other from our vacations.
The new owner is a 65 year old pushy divorcee. :(

Flyinbowtie
12-14-2007, 07:35 AM
The neighbor I have had next door for 25 years or so is a glorious vacant 4.5 acres. I had a shot at it back when it was so cheap it was crazy, and we didn't have two nickels to rub together. Hook it to the 11.5 we have now and I would be a happy boy.
An "investor" from down the hill has it now, and after really doing a nice job cleaining up the old pond etc, he is selling it. He wants a dumptruck load of money for it.
Frankly, I hope it doesn't sell until I win the lottery.:rolleyes:

moneypit
12-14-2007, 07:39 AM
About $7200 a month was my neighbor Craigs monthly nut to keep his home.
He just couldn't make it anymore, and it closed escrow this week, Craig taking a $42.000 loss on the transaction.
The new owner moving in has a pissy arrogant short mans complex.
Craig was great. A party every nite, an endless stream of great friends would rotate through each week. He was always there to help with some crazy project I was in.
We lobstered off channel islands, rode quads & M/C's,, he'd join us with his gf at the river and the trip took on 1000% more fun,,, he watched our home, mow'd the lawns n fed the cat when the wife and I took a hot lap around the USA in our RV,,
Well sell your home and move to the Silverthorne track. All my neighbors run in their house. My closest neighbor is a nosey, oppinionated focker that says he's been there done that and everything about everything.
I had good neighbors at my last two homes. It does suck to lose em....

2Driver
12-14-2007, 07:40 AM
How did he get loose? :D

Not So Fast
12-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Yes, and then had assholes move in!:( That is when you really miss the "good guy".
Are you kidding, $86,000 @year nut on a house, no wonder the market is upside down unless this guy is a rich man??:idea: When we bought our first house back in the day in La Canada we had a payment of $526 INCLUDING IMPOUNDS:eek: and wondered how we would do it;) NSF>>><<< PS and that was at a 9% rate loan before you ask so all the crying about interest rates, no sympathy here.

WYRD
12-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Yes, and then had assholes move in!:( That is when you really miss the "good guy".
Are you kidding, $86,000 @year nut on a house, no wonder the market is upside down unless this guy is a rich man??:idea: When we bought our first house back in the day in La Canada we had a payment of $526 INCLUDING IMPOUNDS:eek: and wondered how we would do it;) NSF>>><<< PS and that was at a 9% rate loan before you ask so all the crying about interest rates, no sympathy here.
At your age I bet you could have bought a brand new car for less than a grand too.....of course you had to hand crank it:eek: :D

voodoomedman
12-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Everybody I have ever lived next to lost a great neighbor when I moved. :D

Not So Fast
12-14-2007, 08:31 AM
At your age I bet you could have bought a brand new car for less than a grand too.....of course you had to hand crank it:eek: :D
Just had to bring up the "age card" didnt you:D And yes it was a few years ago:( The house in question in La Canada was purchased for, are you ready, $29,000 and in todays market, probably close to a Mil:eek: NSF

gramps
12-14-2007, 08:44 AM
When we lived in Southern California we had some pretty bad neighbors and some fair ones. Now that we got out of there and live in the middle of nowhere we have some great neighbors except for the occasional mountain loin in the yard.

sleekcraft80
12-14-2007, 08:46 AM
I had a really good neighbor until a year ago. He was fed up with his boss at lax and moved to savannah ga. The house has been on the market since then and still not sold. As a matter of fact, almost every house on my street is for sale. Mine is next. I can't afford it anymore. Now my older neibors are sad that I am leaving. I help them with anything they need and they don't want to see me go. I guess in a sense they will be losing a good neighbor

Rvr Swpr
12-14-2007, 09:07 AM
We had a great one also. They cashed out their ranch next to us and moved to Texas about 2 years ago. I never minded so much when Jeff left to Mexico or the desert because I knew that Chris was next door if I needed anything. He was a former Army MP. He helped Jeff take care of those loose fighting dogs that tried to eat me through my dining room window at 10pm on a rainy night. Actually, he took care of the dogs. He helped Jeff hang doors and Jeff helped him cut up the Eucalyptus that fell in his front yard, and kill a skunk cornered under a culvert. We took care of each others animals when we went on vacations. We brought back gifts for each other from our vacations.
The new owner is a 65 year old pushy divorcee. :(
I would like to be the first to know that property is back on the market.:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Lol

Baja Big Dog
12-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Ya, I lost a good one when her husband caught us!!!:D

BigDutch
12-14-2007, 07:47 PM
there is 5 houses on our court.
on our left is a weed grower, best neibor ever. Watches everything.
on our right she works in sab fran(4 hour comute)
one has a 5X5 sign in his front window that says NO SOLICITORS(sp)
One speaky no inglish
Lastly theres us. I wake everyone up at 5:30 everymorning with my truck and then the wife makes sure everyone who missed me is awake as well with her durango at 6:30.

Cheap Thrills
12-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Neighbors ? :confused:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45258&stc=1&d=1197691176
T.Living in Paradise

DaveA
12-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Neighbors ? :confused:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45258&stc=1&d=1197691176
T.Living in Paradise
Awww T. don't give us that crap...they threw you out months ago for RF'ing all the televisions in the trailer park. Now you have to live out in the middle of nowhere by court order....Pity....:D :D

IMPATIENT 1
12-14-2007, 11:08 PM
i live on a small mountain and my land is horseshoed by a horse ranch. i can set outside my bedroom patio and watch mustangs and deer play.best neighbors i've ever had:D real quiet too;)

jetboat
12-15-2007, 06:51 AM
tom,what about the guy that shot yur dogs leg off?