PDA

View Full Version : fuel tanks- baffels?

roco racing
10-01-2002, 07:25 PM
anyone know if imco or anyone else makes tanks with baffels in them, also is stainless a smart buy or is aluminum okay- river only

lakesmodified
10-01-2002, 07:28 PM
roco racing:
anyone know if imco or anyone else makes tanks with baffels in them, also is stainless a smart buy or is aluminum okay- river onlyROCO, I had IMCO build me a SS tank to use in a street rod I'm building, and they will build whatever you ask for. If you do opt to get baffles, you will notice the weld marks on the exterior of the tank, but it's not very noticeable. Ivan

maddago
10-01-2002, 09:25 PM
ROCO , GO FOR THE STAINLESS!
THEY WILL HOLD UP MUCH BETTER,FUEL TANKS WILL TEND TO (POP CAN) THE ALUM WILL EVENTUALLY WORK HARDEN AROUND THE WELDS, THATS WHERE THEY WILL START TO FRACTURE OVER TIME. MAKE SURE IF YOU GET BAFFLES THAT THEY FORM A ONE INCH LIP ON EACH EDGE OF BAFFLE WHERE IT IS WELDED INSIDE OF TANK.
I USED TO BUILD FUEL AND HYDRAULIC TANKS FOR HEAVY DUTY USE (LOGGING) IV'E BUILT HUNDREDS OF TANKS, ALL SIZES AND CONFIGURATIONS,FROM 5GAL TO 5000GAL I NOW BUILD TANKS ON THE SIDE,MOSTLY FOR FREINDS, AUX TANKS FOR PICKUPS,BOATS,STREET RODS ETC.
ALSO MAKE SURE YOU PRESSURE TEST YOUR TANKS BEFORE INSTALLING THEM IN YOUR BOAT!
YOU DON'T WANT TO DISCOVER A PIN HOLE IN A WELD AFTER YOU HAVE THEM IN YOUR BOAT!
GO STAINLESS! YOU WONT BE SORRY!

Bahner tunnel
10-03-2002, 02:25 AM
I have a pair of stainless 11.5 gallon tanks in my 1985 jet boat and they still look great. They hold a polish much longer than aluminum does and are much stronger. I would hate to see how much they cost to make now a days though. OUCH. :)

maddago
10-03-2002, 05:10 PM
NOT THAT MUCH. 150.00 TO 200.00 PER TANK,DEPENDING ON SIZE AND SHAPE.