PDA

View Full Version : Cant get insurance for the boat. Ultra please read.

delemorte
12-14-2007, 01:38 PM
So as some of you might remember statefarm would not touch my boat as they said my stock chevy 350 was pushing 500 horses.. I just choked on my soda even typing that comment.....
So after some good advice of a freind i started shopping around and found all state. After adding the boat and my house life umbrella and 3 cars i still come up 80 dollars short a month of what state farm was charging me...
I added my boat insurance and still saved money.. thank god i got it all covered but man i feel violated by statefarm... if you feel you are paying to much, shop around it is worth your time. it was for me.
Also i know where you can buy a 500HP stock 350 so PM me if you are interested.. I know its 500 as my insurance company said it was ;)

ULTRA26 # 1
12-14-2007, 01:59 PM
So as some of you might remember statefarm would not touch my boat as they said my stock chevy 350 was pushing 500 horses.. I just choked on my soda even typing that comment.....
So after some good advice of a freind i started shopping around and founf all state. After adding the boat and my house life umbrella and 3 cars i still come up 80 dollars short a month of what state farm was charging me...
I added my boat insurance and still saved money.. thank god i got it all covered but man i feel violated by statefarm... if you feel you are paying to much, shop around it is worth your time. it was for me.
Also i know where you can buy a 500HP stock 350 so PM me if you are interested.. I know its 500 as my insurance company said it was ;)
Del,
Sounds like it worked out well for you. I have been with State Farm forever. 2 houses, my Civic SI, my Lightning the boat and an umbrella. I am aware that I might be able to save a couple hundred dollars a year, but State Farm was so good to me when my first Lightning was stolen from the dealer, back in 01, that I'm content to stick around. Back in 01 I called State Farm on a Monday, and told them I needed file a claim and have them subrogate the carrier for the dealer. I went the the claims office the following day and they gave me a check for $34,000, which was only $800 less than I paid out the door 10 months earlier. F'n inside job at the dealer. I check the stolen system a couple times a year and it's never been recovered.
Again Del I'm glad you got everything covered.
John

delemorte
12-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Del,
Sounds like it worked out well for you. I have been with State Farm forever. 2 houses, my Civic SI, my Lightning the boat and an umbrella. I am aware that I might be able to save a couple hundred dollars a year, but State Farm was so good to me when my first Lightning was stolen from the dealer, back in 01, that I'm content to stick around. Back in 01 I called State Farm on a Monday, and told them I needed file a claim and have them subrogate the carrier for the dealer. I went the the claims office the following day and they gave me a check for $34,000, which was only $800 less than I paid out the door 10 months earlier. F'n inside job at the dealer. I check the stolen system a couple times a year and it's never been recovered.
Again Del I'm glad you got everything covered.
John
yeah man if any one is happy then i dont suggest they switch.. but im glad i shopped around....
just wanted to fill you in from our last conversation/.

Classic Daycruiser
12-14-2007, 02:24 PM
I love Allstate, but I believe they had a HP limit on the boats.:D :D :D

ULTRA26 # 1
12-14-2007, 02:55 PM
yeah man if any one is happy then i dont suggest they switch.. but im glad i shopped around....
just wanted to fill you in from our last conversation/.
Thanks
Merry Christmas