PDA

View Full Version : rhino performance

tx-19
12-14-2007, 02:20 PM
what is the best thing on the market to buy besides the cdi and snowmobile clutch.looking to get a little performance,but i dont want to spend a lot or thouch the motor.

djunkie
12-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Snowmobile clutch?

don johnson
12-14-2007, 02:24 PM
what is the best thing on the market to buy besides the cdi and snowmobile clutch.looking to get a little performance,but i dont want to spend a lot or thouch the motor.
KMS Sheeve. Easy mod took me less then an hour. Picked up some bottom end and 4-5 MPH top end. Lots of write ups on this Mod on Glamis Dunes.com and other forums.... It also slows the motor down at cruise so it is not working as hard.

me4drvr
12-14-2007, 02:25 PM
The K & N intake and jetting wakes it up a little bit... and I put a looney tunes exhaust on, but exhaust is personal preference...

OutCole'd
12-14-2007, 02:46 PM
KMS Sheeve. Easy mod took me less then an hour. Picked up some bottom end and 4-5 MPH top end. Lots of write ups on this Mod on Glamis Dunes.com and other forums.... It also slows the motor down at cruise so it is not working as hard.
I agree, replacing the sheeve made the most bang for the buck of anything I've done, and I've done most of it.:rolleyes: :D
CDI
Billet Intake & Aircleaner
Oversize Intake
Jetting
Sheeve

Nordic35Flame
12-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Not to thread jack anybody, but since I put my Sheeve in I keep burning up belts, and everytime I pull it apart all the grease has shot out into the cover. Any idea why?

don johnson
12-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Not to thread jack anybody, but since I put my Sheeve in I keep burning up belts, and everytime I pull it apart all the grease has shot out into the cover. Any idea why?
I would call KMS and ask. I did not have this problem.... Kind of sounds like the sheeve cover did not sit down right over the O ring..... That or you added way too much sheeve grease. I used the old greese out of the factory sheeve, that way there was no way I could add too much....

Magic34
12-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Fellas, the clutch he is talking about is beyond the sheeve. ;) He is talking about the pdm clutch.

Riomouse911
12-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Tomorrow I am heading to a friends house so I can pull off the cage and re-jet the carb, add a Velocity air intake w/K&N filter, and put on the stainless Gibson exhaust I was lucky enough to win at the last Rhino run..
Gibson had them on their site as in production about 6 weeks ago, but apparently the springs that come with the kit were not holding up in testing, so they went and found a new spring supplier and they're supposed to be rock solid.
I'll take it for a little run up the hill tomorrow and let you know how it changed the performance..

djunkie
12-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Tomorrow I am heading to a friends house so I can pull off the cage and re-jet the carb, add a Velocity air intake w/K&N filter, and put on the stainless Gibson exhaust I was lucky enough to win at the last Rhino run..
Gibson had them on their site as in production about 6 weeks ago, but apparently the springs that come with the kit were not holding up in testing, so they went and found a new spring supplier and they're supposed to be rock solid.
I'll take it for a little run up the hill tomorrow and let you know how it changed the performance..
I'm curious how that Gibson exhaust will sound. Let us now how loud it is and the performance gains.

tx-19
12-16-2007, 06:59 PM
how many jet sizes do you go up when putting a k&n filter and taking the air box lid off.and i am going to put the billet exhaust tip on.