PDA

View Full Version : What should I buy?

Licketty Split
08-21-2002, 07:00 AM
OK I have a little extra cash from selling my bike.
What do you think. Engine hopups? or jet hopups?
I hve a 455 Olds-Mo-Bubble stock heads, cam, Hi comp. pistons, headers with tunnel ram single 750 VS holley. The jet is a worked (VERY tight:)) Berk JC with a dubble A Imp. I thaught of going with a split bowl with a droop and diverter.
What cha all think? thx Lickit out

waterslinger
08-21-2002, 07:04 AM
Go for a set of Edelbrock heads. Lots of power to be had with a good set of heads.

gotdamp
08-21-2002, 09:19 AM
If you don't have a diverter that's the first thing I would add. I added a hydaulic Place Diverter to my JE pump (no split bowl so passed on the droop) and It was like buying a new boat with handling and control.

Hotcrusader76
08-21-2002, 09:27 AM
Licketty Split:
OK I have a little extra cash from selling my bike.
What do you think. Engine hopups? or jet hopups?
I hve a 455 Olds-Mo-Bubble stock heads, cam, Hi comp. pistons, headers with tunnel ram single 750 VS holley. The jet is a worked (VERY tight:)) Berk JC with a dubble A Imp. I thaught of going with a split bowl with a droop and diverter.
What cha all think? thx Lickit outI returned your call the other night BTW. When your ready send me an email and I can call you about getting that carb going. I have your form on file, so I just need to know what your after in regards to the carburetors performance level.
-Ty

Licketty Split
08-21-2002, 01:03 PM
oops
[ August 21, 2002, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Licketty Split ]

Licketty Split
08-21-2002, 01:03 PM
hey Tom sorry I wasn't there I am looking for a good value carb with hi CFM numbers and Annular boosters low end performance is not a big concern my boat won't plane less than 2300 anyway
performance level as hi as I can take this Old,,,,s

Hotcrusader76
08-21-2002, 01:13 PM
Licketty Split:
hey Tom sorry I wasn't there I am looking for a good value carb with hi CFM numbers and Annular boosters low end performance is not a big concern my boat won't plane less than 2300 anyway
performance level as hi as I can take this Old,,,,sand this is not a problem! Email me a time I can get a hold of you and we can work out your ideas. Annular boosters are a great option and would really open that carb up some more.
CFM??? Not really a concern for your boat. Re-read some of my threads a little to understand, CFM rating verses vacuum signal.
Basically, just be concerned with what you want in regards to peformance and how it performs, I'll take care of the rest. :D

gotdamp
08-21-2002, 02:14 PM
low end performance is not a big concern my boat won't plane less than 2300 anyway
The place diverter will cut your time to plane dramatically. My 23.5 day cruiser jumps on plane with just the stock engine when I trim the diverter down. I might even say it has a holeshot now. I even gained 4 mph top end trimmed halfway between neutral and up.