PDA

View Full Version : How would you handle this situation

Boozer
12-15-2007, 11:00 AM
A few months back my friend Mondo called and told me he wanted to relocate to Denver. He's been one of my best friends for about 15 years now, I had an extra room so I told him sure thing.
Fast Forward 3 months. Mondo has now been living at my place for 2 1/2 months. The agreement was 1/2 the rent 1/2 the utilities, and half the grocery bill once he started working. I figure 3-4 weeks should be enough for a person to get on their feet right? Apparently not.... It took Mondo over a month just to find a job.
Mondo got paid yesterday. Originally I was told his new job is a manager at a local EB Games. Well turns out he isn't a manager, his job isn't even full time and he's only making $7.50 an hour! So last night Mondo tells me "I can only give you $120 because Brenda was hurting for money and I know she needs the money more then you so I gave her most of my paycheck." Brenda is Mondo's wife who is currently living in So-Cal rent free with her parents. I am f*cking fumed! Regardless of who needs the money more obligations are obligations and it is not my responsibility to support him.
The guy is a good friend, he's more like a brother then a friend really. I don't want to throw him out on the streets but obviously something has to happen.
So what would you do??

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Give him a time limit. Ask him how long he plans on staying with you, negotiate it out, and make it stick. 2 months? 6 months? 2 weeks? You need to set boundaries for the sake of your friendship. Otherwise, this will probably be the end of it, and he'll call YOU the asshole.

Phat Matt
12-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Maybe he should move in with his wife...rent free.

Sean5474
12-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Give him another chance and let him know, daily, how much rent and utilities is going to be next payday. He will come around it was only his first paycheck.

redneckcharlie
12-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Be upfront and honest. Tell him exactly why your upset and then go from there. The worst thing you can do is pussy foot around the situation. Complete honesty, being fumed and all, will probably settle things rather quickly. It will probably help your friendship as well. Good luck.

Wet Dream
12-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Its easier and less confrontational to just let it slide, but the more you do that, the easier it is for him to continue doing this. All thats going to do is build up your frustration and make matters worse. You have to tell the guy how it is and to live up to his end of the bargain.

Mandelon
12-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Lay down the lay Boozer. Its either her or you. Mondo has to decide which one he loves more.

Big Warlock
12-15-2007, 11:41 AM
I have nothing good to say here.......

Boozer
Lay down the lay Boozer. Its either her or you. Mondo has to decide which one he loves more.
:eek: :eek:

ratso
Bend over... Grab your ankles... and exhale...

Boozer
12-15-2007, 11:42 AM
And just to clear things up... After RD broke my heart a few years ago and left me for Jordy I have never loved another man since.
Strictly chickly from here on out.

Mandelon
12-15-2007, 11:45 AM
:D :D :D
Just lay down the ground rules, and let him know you are a little upset, but don't want to ruin a friendship over it.
Work out a plan together. You don't have to hold hands or anything... ;)

HAMMER TIME
12-15-2007, 11:52 AM
best friends dont walk on best friends like that i say MONDO GOTTA GO BRO

topless
12-15-2007, 11:52 AM
I won't touch this one as a matter of fact, I'd rather eat dog food for the rest of my life than let someone live in my house.

Mandelon
12-15-2007, 11:56 AM
I won't touch this one as a matter of fact, I'd rather eat dog food for the rest of my life than let someone live in my house.
LMAO!!!! Too close to home on that one.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Baja Big Dog
12-15-2007, 04:18 PM
So why is he not living with his wife??? Rent free with the in laws????

Boozer
12-15-2007, 04:21 PM
So why is he not living with his wife??? Rent free with the in laws????
He doesn't get along with the in laws.

77Woodbridge
12-15-2007, 04:35 PM
It's pretty clear...
You said he's like a brother and he wanted to head your way for a fresh start.
You said OK. No limits specified because you assssumed a non-issue.
Now put on your big girl panties and say, "Hey look bro, I love you but I'm telling you stop focking me over while you figure things out."
Go with what Angie recommended earlier>>>>:D

2forcefull
12-15-2007, 04:35 PM
I agree, everytime I hear of this the free loader leaves
pissed,and ends the friendship, the good guy spend the next
six months pay'n phone, cable , powerbills, and try'n to find all his stuff thats miss'n. and usally finds out that he was hitt'n his girl
when ever some one from out of town tells me they want to move to vegas
I tell them I'll mail them a paper, and go look at the areas for them
if they stay at my house over night I plug in the motorhome for them

topless
12-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Boozer, the best thing you could do is send him back to Cali before you ruin the friendship. Who knows when he'll decide to either move his wife in with you or just up and leave anyway. Encourage him to move back to wifey and her parents. Thats what he signed up for when he got married in the first place.

Schiada76
12-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Simple, just sit him down and explain to him that unless he's sucking your dick he has to pay rent.:jawdrop: :sqeyes: :D

77Woodbridge
12-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Thank you, I've learned alot here. :idea:

77Woodbridge
12-15-2007, 04:48 PM
I agree, everytime I hear of this the free loader leaves
pissed,and ends the friendship, the good guy spend the next
six months pay'n phone, cable , powerbills, and try'n to find all his stuff thats miss'n. and usally finds out that he was hitt'n his girl
when ever some one from out of town tells me they want to move to vegas
I tell them I'll mail them a paper, and go look at the areas for them
if they stay at my house over night I plug in the motorhome for them
Wow, I'm glad I haven't been burned badly yet.
Hang in there, the good you do is appreciated - by me and others.
Just like Topless' experience. Admirable.
-Victorian

Boatcop
12-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Tell him if he doesn't cough up the rent, you're going to get him a room at the Frigidaire Hotel.

Moneypitt
12-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Tell him I am coming to Colorado and will need the room he is staying in.....Difference is I will pay 6 months rent in ADVANCE.........
Seriously, talk about it. Lay it on the line. Ask about his priorities, and let him know everything and everyone is secondary to where he is sleeping. AND, set a time limit for him to be on his feet enough to get his own place. At 7.50 an hour in Colorado he better be one frugal som' bitch........MP

Jetaholic
12-15-2007, 05:09 PM
the Frigidaire Hotel...
Brought to you by "Friggemal Industries..." :D