PDA

View Full Version : Where can i run my boat

RAW DEAL
03-07-2006, 10:24 AM
My boat is at GS marine. Just finished it up. He is having a hard time running it at elsinor? He says they wont let him on the water with it. Where to you guys launch and run your loud over transom header boats? What day is best to get away with running it? I really want him to run it and make sure the set up is safe and the boat works good before i take delivery.
Thanks

QuickJet
03-07-2006, 10:32 AM
My boat is at GS marine. Just finished it up. He is having a hard time running it at elsinor? He says they wont let him on the water with it. Where to you guys launch and run your loud over transom header boats? What day is best to get away with running it? I really want him to run it and make sure the set up is safe and the boat works good before i take delivery.
Thanks
The person that would know that is Greg himself. Either Ming or the river. Elsinor has a stick up their ass for boats like ours. So much so that Hot Boat magazine did an article with that sewage filled pond as an example of how strict rangers are and their bias against our boats.

centerhill condor
03-07-2006, 10:36 AM
gotta love cali... is it the pipes or is there actually a db limit? thanks

cyclone
03-07-2006, 10:40 AM
At the southeast corner of the lake is a public launch ramp. the lady working the booth doesn't care what kind of boat you have or if you have a loud exhaust or not. And if you go there after 5pm or before 8am the cops wont be on the lake to hassle you. This time of year though i think the cops aren't patrolling anyways.

QuickJet
03-07-2006, 10:52 AM
It's the DB's. The pipes attract the attention and are a call for more scrutiny (sp??). You ever wake up to two full blown hydros gettin' after it @ 7 in the morning on a beautifull summer morning? It's a wonderfull thing. I've only experianced it at CFW (nor cal). That's why, even though I'm buying a house in So Cal I will still visit the best damn lake in the west.....CAMP FAR WEST!!!

RAW DEAL
03-07-2006, 01:29 PM
I guess he has not been able to get on the lake with it. Thanks Cyclone i will give him that info and hope for the best. I had a pretty fast CP before, but it was nothing like this daytona. Just want him to make sure we have a good safe starting point before i take it.

dave7887
03-08-2006, 06:08 PM
i take my jet out to elsinore all the time and i have over the top headers with the baffles removed. i just go to the public launch, the lady there doesnt give a shit what your launching as long as u pay the 18 bux.

Riverat84
03-08-2006, 06:19 PM
i take my jet out to elsinore all the time and i have over the top headers with the baffles removed. i just go to the public launch, the lady there doesnt give a shit what your launching as long as u pay the 18 bux.
yeah, the north one off of riverside drive right? last time i went(only time) i paid 15, or whatever lol