PDA

View Full Version : '78 Howard 24' Citation....It's Home!

CampbellCarl
12-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Picked this up this morning. Had another thread going regarding knowledge of this boat. Couldn't pass on this one. No stress cracks, all orginal! maybe somebody smarter than me (doesn't take much) can post the pix.
Carl

nivels
12-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Picked this up this morning. Had another thread going regarding knowledge of this boat. Couldn't pass on this one. No stress cracks, all orginal! maybe somebody smarter than me (doesn't take much) can post the pix.
Carl
Nice looking (Spectra)

Icarus prospector
12-15-2007, 03:53 PM
That has fun written allll over it!

flatties forever
12-15-2007, 04:01 PM
You need Capt Stubings hat (The Loveboat) when driving with that helm.:)

CampbellCarl
12-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Was thinking about digging out an old leisure suit or pehaps my Members Only jacket!
CC

Riverkid
12-15-2007, 05:34 PM
is cherry. Nice find. :)

CampbellCarl
12-15-2007, 05:53 PM
More Pix

Icarus prospector
12-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Load the milf, grab the key and hit'em both!

sawtooth
12-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Wow very nice looking boat in great shape, does not even have any beach rash. Thats only a 24', it looks as big as my Dads 28' Campbell, anyway congrats and good luck with your new toy.

CircleJerk
12-16-2007, 01:02 AM
That's a keeper, cruisers have real appeal when ones tired of bouncing around, we love our 22 Lavey.

CampbellCarl
12-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Sawtooth,
Who's your dad? In a couple of the shots of the Howard, you can see a white and blue cover, it's over a 28' Campbell I picked up early this year. Do you and your family attend the Campbell regatta?
Carl

sawtooth
12-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Sawtooth,
Who's your dad? In a couple of the shots of the Howard, you can see a white and blue cover, it's over a 28' Campbell I picked up early this year. Do you and your family attend the Campbell regatta?
Carl
My Dads name is John and he lives in Havasu. He bought the 28 a few years ago it is a 1977, he has been restoring it since he bought it. He had a custom trailer built for it first, then he gutted the interior and had his close friend Bill Sturggis of Arco upholstery re do everything, he boated with it for a couple of years and then was going to do a rebuild on the power. It had twin BBC's with Banks turbo set ups that were tired, after pricing out two rebuilds he chose to install two new BBC 502/502's which he has just finished. We plan on taking it out between Christmas and New Year for some "sea trials" :D. It is very impressive with as big as it is and the twin power and 3 V drives....thats right 3, a Casale 500 for each motor and a Casale Z drive to counter rotate one motor.
He had a 21' Campbell (74 I think) for 12 years that he built from scratch (was able to buy a bare hull from Bob & Billy back in the day) that I grew up riding in and sking behind in parker mostly. He sold it about 18 years ago and the second owner (Keith New) still has it in Havasu and we see it on the lake every summer and he keeps it like new. It is bright green and called Green $tuff, maybe you have seen it. The 28 is blue and white and is called Twice Times because everything has to be bought twice or done twice with the twin motors.
As for the Campbell regattas every time one would roll around his boat would be in some kind of redo or all apart but he would go over and hang out on the beach and watch the time trials and what not. I do know he is a member of the owners club but it is hard for him to make it out much as he is 70 years old with a rebuilt hip and suffers from the problems of diabetes in his legs and feet. I will have to get some current pics and post them.
Thanks, Chris.

CampbellCarl
12-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Chris
Small world. I sent your Dad a note several months ago regarding a question about the 28's. He emailed his telephone number back to me and told me to call him anytime I had a question. He's in my cell as John Twice Times.
Carl

jrork
12-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Carl
That thing is too cool! Congrats. I"m diggin the 70's style upholstry