PDA

View Full Version : TPR Day at Lake Elsinore

cyclone
12-15-2007, 09:26 PM
A bunch of Tom Papp's friends got together at Lake Elsinore last January, about a week or so after he passed away. It was a good way to remember our friend and deal with the grief of losing him. It was suggested that we do it again and the date january 13th (sunday) was thrown out there. So a few of us are gassing up the boats, filling up the coolers, and heading to the cove down at the south end of the lake for a day of boating.
We''ll be launching from the public ramp off of lakeshore drive at about 10am. If any of Tom's friends want to come out that would be cool. bring your boat and a good story to tell about what he did for you or how he made you laugh.
see you out there.
-mike :)

cyclone
12-15-2007, 09:30 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Lake+Elsinore,+CA,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=image
Here's a map..

BUSBY
12-15-2007, 09:42 PM
as you know ... I'll be there ...
last year was great talking and laughing about Tommy, this year should be just as good!
just leave your ring at home :D

Nucking futs
12-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Im in, and I have room for a few tag alongs.

noregret$
12-15-2007, 10:23 PM
A bunch of Tom Papp's friends got together at Lake Elsinore last January, about a week or so after he passed away. It was a good way to remember our friend and deal with the grief of losing him. It was suggested that we do it again and the date january 13th (sunday) was thrown out there. So a few of us are gassing up the boats, filling up the coolers, and heading to the cove down at the south end of the lake for a day of boating.
We''ll be launching from the public ramp off of lakeshore drive at about 10am. If any of Tom's friends want to come out that would be cool. bring your boat and a good story to tell about what he did for you or how he made you laugh.
see you out there.
-mike :)
13 TH SOUNDS GREAT GIVES EVERYONE TIME TO GET THREW THE HOLIDAYS AND GET THERE TOYS RUNNING LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL OUT THERE (NO REGRET$)

Lana
12-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Im in, and I have room for a few tag alongs.
Would love to go, but I froze my ass off last year and didn't like the restroom facilities on the boat.

27 Awesome cat
12-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Would love to go, but I froze my ass off last year and didn't like the restroom facilities on the boat.
You can use my bathroom:D

W.O.T
12-15-2007, 10:49 PM
I will be be there had a good time last year.

McIntyrelocal
12-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Its on the calender see everyone out there.

Lana
12-15-2007, 11:18 PM
You can use my bathroom:D
Billy,
Are you and Missy planning on coming down for this? If so, I will have to consider this. I would love to see you guys.

27 Awesome cat
12-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Billy,
Are you and Missy planning on coming down for this? If so, I will have to consider this. I would love to see you guys.
If we come down its just going to be to pick you up hun:D

lilrick
12-16-2007, 02:02 AM
I ' ll be there just to you know.....Spread the Leykus word.....

river redy
12-16-2007, 07:24 AM
It was cool last year, lots of nice people, but do you have to have a pressure washer out the back of your boat to attend?:D

BUSBY
12-16-2007, 08:08 AM
It was cool last year, lots of nice people, but do you have to have a pressure washer out the back of your boat to attend?:D
you are more than welcome ... as long as you bring your ride :D

Nucking futs
12-16-2007, 09:09 AM
You and Skip better show up, I want a ride in the flatty.

FOURQ
12-16-2007, 09:35 AM
we may just come out for this ....now what boat to bring...:D

Cs19
12-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Im down, boat should be ready.

BrendellaJet
12-16-2007, 02:01 PM
I've only met a couple of ya, but Ill be there with my cruiser. I've got room for a couple others if someone wants a ride.
Any families going or should I leave mine at home?

widowmaker
12-16-2007, 02:36 PM
I'll be there with the cruiser.

IfYouOnlyKnew
12-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Since I heard it was kinda a "family affair" ,..I talked to Mom and she would like to be there too. Can I find anyone willing to give Mom a ride?(she would be TOTALLY thrilled)
She has never been in a boat like these, let alone anything Tom might have helped with.
She might be 78 yrs old, but she is feisty!:D
N

cyclone
12-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Since I heard it was kinda a "family affair" ,..I talked to Mom and she would like to be there too. Can I find anyone willing to give Mom a ride?(she would be TOTALLY thrilled)
She has never been in a boat like these, let alone anything Tom might have helped with.
N
she's welcome to as many rides in my boat as she likes. you too nancy. :)

noregret$
12-16-2007, 03:29 PM
N
well it ISN'T the fastest but it will run all day, the papps have rides all day, tell mom , NO REGRET$ WILL BE THERE FOR HER!!!!

blue wonder
12-16-2007, 03:53 PM
well it ISN'T the fastest but it will run all day, the papps have rides all day, tell mom , NO REGRET$ WILL BE THERE FOR HER!!!!
you ought to let her drive...it would probably go faster!!!!!!

BUSBY
12-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Nancy ... you can call me on my cell (209-678-7031) and we'll arrange to make sure your family gets as many seats as you need ... I know we have a couple of cruisers going as well as go fast boats, so it won't be a problem.
Brian Busby

noregret$
12-16-2007, 04:29 PM
you ought to let her drive...it would probably go faster!!!!!!
your probably right, thought you didn't go on hot boat any more, god help us ( THE WONDER BLUNDER ) is back!!!!
now hook on to a boat, show up...lol c ya over christmas

blue wonder
12-16-2007, 04:35 PM
your probably right, thought you didn't go on hot boat any more, god help us ( THE WONDER BLUNDER ) is back!!!!
now hook on to a boat, show up...lol c ya over christmas
im boatless and motorless!!!!!

plj/fry
12-16-2007, 07:17 PM
to the papps if you want to call on my cell phone 714 615-0644 I'll bring the toon home from the river that way you can all go... bob fry

His#1fan
12-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Along with Mom and Nancy, Mike and I (and possibly my whole family) want to be there and ride along if there is room. I agree....you should let mom drive....she could probably handle the boat better then some of the men in the group! Remember, she is Tom's mom, after all! Looking forward to seeing all of you.
Laura (or for those of you who know me by what Tommy called me....Laura Beth) :)

blue wonder
12-16-2007, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=His#1fan;2946918] I agree....you should let mom drive....she could probably handle the boat better then some of the men in the group! QUOTE]
hey big dummy i think this is directed to you!!!!!!!!

noregret$
12-16-2007, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=His#1fan;2946918] I agree....you should let mom drive....she could probably handle the boat better then some of the men in the group! QUOTE]
hey big dummy i think this is directed to you!!!!!!!!
HELL SHE PROBABLY CAN, AFTER ALL SHE IS TOMS MOM!!!!
NOW IF SHE CAN REACH THE GAS PEDDLE IS ANOTHER STORY LOL KP AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 13 TH

Bottle Fed
12-16-2007, 10:20 PM
I will be there for sure. Don't know if my boat will be ready but we will be there. Will the gathering area on the lake be truck accesible or boat only?

cyclone
12-16-2007, 10:29 PM
jeff- you can't drive to the cove but you can walk although i wouldn't recommend it. its about a 1.5 mile walk from the road.
i'm sure theres enough boats going for you and the misses to hitch a ride over. if not i'll make a couple of trips back and forth to get ya over there.

Bottle Fed
12-17-2007, 09:22 AM
jeff- you can't drive to the cove but you can walk although i wouldn't recommend it. its about a 1.5 mile walk from the road.
i'm sure theres enough boats going for you and the misses to hitch a ride over. if not i'll make a couple of trips back and forth to get ya over there.
Thanks Mike for the info and the offer. I'm gonna get the boat back over to the house this weekend and see if I can't get it back up and running. Looking forward to that weekend.

noregret$
12-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks Mike for the info and the offer. I'm gonna get the boat back over to the house this weekend and see if I can't get it back up and running. Looking forward to that weekend.
wow the great pumpkin up and running again, way to go jeff and its not the last minute, or the day of the 13 th..your learning..lol

IfYouOnlyKnew
12-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks for all the boat ride offers! We all plan to be there..sure you guys can handle that many feisty Papp's? Tom x 10!:D

Blown Income
12-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Sounds like a good time. There's been a rumor that SweetCruz and HelterSkelter may show up too. How far is the drive back to the cove? I've only been from the launch ramp to the dock when we were there for the photoshoot.

Cs19
12-18-2007, 09:10 PM
from the far ramp its like 5 minutes, no big deal.

BUSBY
12-18-2007, 09:11 PM
How far is the drive back to the cove?
400-500 yards