PDA

View Full Version : so i bought the rockband game for x-box

rivergoer
12-15-2007, 11:31 PM
now im freaking addicted to it. played for 5-6 hours and so did some friends. it has drums a mic and a guitar....freaking cool. i recomend it..should be awsome for the drunk nights and parties.:D

maxwedge
12-16-2007, 04:42 AM
I want that game. Would be perfect for days like today when there is 6 or 7 inches of fresh snow on the ground and not much to do. Are the drums at all realistic? Seems like that would be eaiser to make realistic than the guitar with only four frets from Guitar Hero...and I still love that game anyway, even though my girlfiends 5 year old neice can kick my ass at it..

MBlaster
12-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Its a lot of fun. Played it with my nephew and his buddys for a couple hours.

Wet Dream
12-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Its a fun GAME, but you won't see any musicians come out of this. Ok, maybe a couple. The drum pedal will break in short time. I saw this game displayed at the store one day. Theres a girl about 12 playing the drums. This looks elementary, and being a real drummer, I should be able to get through a few songs. This kid is going to think I'm great, and my wife will admire me for yet antoght accomplishment. Yeah right. Forget anything you know about music, songs and don't compare it to drums. Its a game of Simon. It lights up, you touch the light. Red green yellow blue, thats it. Yes, you have to have some timing, but lets not get carried away. The ride is the floor tom and is the high hat, the snare is also the small tom. All toms are cymbals. I failed to get anything that resembles a good score, the giir and the wife got a good giggle and luckily the sticks were teathered or they would have found themselves 20 aisles away.

riverbound
12-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Its a fun GAME, but you won't see any musicians come out of this. Ok, maybe a couple. The drum pedal will break in short time. I saw this game displayed at the store one day. Theres a girl about 12 playing the drums. This looks elementary, and being a real drummer, I should be able to get through a few songs. This kid is going to think I'm great, and my wife will admire me for yet antoght accomplishment. Yeah right. Forget anything you know about music, songs and don't compare it to drums. Its a game of Simon. It lights up, you touch the light. Red green yellow blue, thats it. Yes, you have to have some timing, but lets not get carried away. The ride is the floor tom and is the high hat, the snare is also the small tom. All toms are cymbals. I failed to get anything that resembles a good score, the giir and the wife got a good giggle and luckily the sticks were teathered or they would have found themselves 20 aisles away.
I had to go back and read the title of this thread.....and I was correct he did call it a GAME. I highly doubt he thinks he is going to come out a musician after playing this game...just as Guitar hero is far from the real deal:rolleyes:

CORONA&LIME
12-16-2007, 10:58 AM
We played for the first time last night, what a blast.

Nord
12-17-2007, 06:20 PM
I just picked up this game, but I'm tempted to return it for the new Guitar Hero game..........anyone know which one is better??

Dan Lorenze
12-18-2007, 06:16 AM
A buddy brought Guitar HeroIII into work, I can't believe how much fun it was... I'm waiting to get my hands on a wii once the holiday passes just to have GHIII..

omahamommy
08-06-2008, 10:15 AM
i have GuitarHeroIII for my wii. Will my guitar for GH3 work w/ rockband? I want Rockband, but dont' want to buy the whole 'kit' - just the game if possible? please help!:confused:

gigamurph
08-06-2008, 10:04 PM
i have GuitarHeroIII for my wii. Will my guitar for GH3 work w/ rockband? I want Rockband, but dont' want to buy the whole 'kit' - just the game if possible? please help!:confused:Was told that they won't cross over. Somethin' about interfacing or some other techno-mumbo-jumbo. Have a Wii and the Son bought "Rock Band" for it about two months ago (or whenever it first came out) and tried it a few times and said "FUGGIT!" Suck at it BIG TIME!