PDA

View Full Version : Xmas in the Hood

Sportin' Wood
12-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Yesterday, I attended the 3rd annual Nitro 2 go Christmas festival in downtown San Bernadino, right next to City Hall. Nitro 2 go gives out about $15,000 worth of toys to needy families every year. Its a pretty big deal, and a great way to give to the community. I wanted to share a few things about this event that I found funny.
Nitro 2 Go sponsors our race car so the team went down and helped with the event. making cotton candy, popcorn, and helping with crowd control. And they needed help with that, 10 year olds get pretty unruley when Santa Clause comes to town with 2 vans full of toys. It took from 10:00 am till after 5:00 pm to hand out all the toys.
The good,
There were a lot of real sh!t holes there, we expected that, but there were kids that really touched me and nearly brought a tear to my eye. The young man (9 maybe) pushing his little sister in the 2 hour long line, that's the man of the house, and was so pollite, and well behaved, the 5 year old that wanted to know if the police dog was a raindeer, and the 4 year old that asked if Santa had any Beer, cause he wanted a beer for Christmas, cause his momma wont let him have any. For some of the kids that is the only present they will get this year. It really made this grinch enjoy christmas for just a few hours. ( I hate what christmas has become)
The Bad,
There was not one member of the city council there. Shame full. I could not believe they where not there supporting this event. (with in view of the city hall.)
Toys R us... The owner of Nirto 2 Go bought $15,000 worth of toys from one store, and they would not give him a discount. He was able to get a 15% discount for signing up and using a Toys R Us credit card. Absolutly blows my mind.
The funny,
When the Police dog showed up throngs of parents where jumping the fence to get away from the dog and leaving the line they had waited in for over an hour.
So the Grinch (Sportin' Wood) had his heart melted yesterday just thought I would share. Merry Christmas.