PDA

View Full Version : Steve Fosset,they find him?

riverroyal
12-16-2007, 06:28 PM
I havent heard anything in a Month.He still missing,no crash sitings?

photo chick
12-16-2007, 06:29 PM
I was just wondering this yesterday....hopefully someone knows something

uvindex
12-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Nope.
And a couple of weeks ago his wife was in the news as she's asking a court to have him declared legally dead. See http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-fossettnov27,1,2075668.story for example.

riverroyal
12-16-2007, 06:38 PM
money and technology in the world at his/her disposal and they cant find a wreckage???

Old Man Havasu
12-16-2007, 06:39 PM
No news I can find. It may be years...

photo chick
12-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Wow that article said he had NO life insurance. Do you think, being the dangerous things he did, no one would insure him? :idea:
I guess his wife doesn't really need the insurance money either...

riverroyal
12-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Wow that article said he had NO life insurance. Do you think, being the dangerous things he did, no one would insure him? :idea:
for someone that rich just seems silly I guess

fat rat
12-16-2007, 06:45 PM
I'll bet this will become an aviation mystery.:idea:

Sleeper CP
12-16-2007, 06:46 PM
for someone that rich just seems silly I guess
True and true. Only Lloyds of London would insure him and the premium's would be costly.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover:D

riverroyal
12-16-2007, 06:47 PM
I'll bet this will become an aviation mystery.:idea:
he is sitting with Elvis in the Cayman islands

photo chick
12-16-2007, 06:47 PM
if hes up in the mountains he won't be found till summer:( but if he just went A/WALL(with his money it would be easy) maybe never:idea:
The article mentioned he did not withdrawl any money prior or after his disappearance, guess the wife could be involved but why? The life he lead seemed pretty awesome, can't imagine wanting to leave it.

new2cats
12-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Classic case of Alien abduction...someday, he will come walking off the Mothership with a dazed smile on his face and an amazing story to tell:idea:

JB in so cal
12-16-2007, 07:27 PM
spaceballs:D
http://www.realmofdarkness.net/pranks/spaceballs-2.jpg

riverroyal
12-16-2007, 07:41 PM
X,this place has been messed up

Ryphraph
12-16-2007, 07:59 PM
In the search for Fossett, many other lost planes were found. It is much harder searching hundreds of square miles of desert than it sounds.
His plane may never be found.
Ryph

Rexone
12-16-2007, 08:34 PM
I've heard there are hundreds of planes out there somewhere never found.

DaveA
12-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Some of the current speculation in the aviation community is that most of the evidence (lack of ELT signals from either his personal locator or the Citabria's built in unit) leads many to believe he's at the bottom of one of the many lakes in the region. Some friends said he had been known to 'ski' the wheels on a lake in the past...in what kind of airplane, I haven't heard. But when the water's glassy and smooth, and the temptation to do it is then very high, one can lose depth perception...and it only takes a split second for the balance to be upset and in you go.
There were several guys I knew around Wichita that liked to do it on Lake Cheney out west of town. It was dangerous because of the winds that could whip across the lake at times, but nevertheless it was done.
Some do it as part of a larger performance- here's video of the Flying Lions out of South Africa doing it in North American T-6's in formation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgkKP_fDsKc

Sleeper CP
12-17-2007, 08:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgkKP_fDsKc[/url]
That is just too coooooooool and that does take some really, really ,really,
really,really big balls.
Thanks for the post.:D
Sleeper CP

maxwedge
12-17-2007, 08:26 AM
That is just too coooooooool and that does take some really, really ,really,
really,really big balls.
Thanks for the post.:D
Sleeper CP
I think that falls into the catagory of; "Some of the best flying I've seen yet...right up to the point where you got killed":idea:

RitcheyRch
12-17-2007, 08:34 AM
Awesome video.

Sleeper CP
12-17-2007, 08:41 AM
I think that falls into the catagory of; "Some of the best flying I've seen yet...right up to the point where you got killed":idea:
:D Ditto.
Sleeper CP:D

ECeptor
12-17-2007, 09:13 AM
There were several guys I knew around Wichita that liked to do it on Lake Cheney out west of town. It was dangerous because of the winds that could whip across the lake at times, but nevertheless it was done.
Holy sh$t! That's where I boat! I can't imagine someone doing that on Cheney - the wind is always there. The only truly glass surface I've seen on it is for a hour or so as the wind transitions direction. Scary thought...