PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here work for Aflac?

maxwedge
12-17-2007, 07:46 AM
They called me up unsolicited to interview me for a marketing rep position, and I don't really know much about the company. Just wondering what to expect, and what type of reputation they have?

hazard
12-17-2007, 08:25 AM
I work for a group insurance carrier and I work with alot of companies that allow Aflac in for worksite marketing.
The common concensus is that they hire way too many reps for one territory and most of my companies feel that they really push the client and employees to purchase insurance from them.
With that being said, I know a few of those guys that do real well, but I know alot more that don't.
If insurance is what you're looking for, do group insurance or be a broker.

maxwedge
12-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Not really trying to get into the insurance field, but since they contacted me, I figured I would at least go see what they had to say. Also, it's kinda hard to avoid getting into insurance around here as we have corporate HQ to both State Farm and Country insurance as major employers in town. That fact right there also makes me question the logic of trying to sell something else around here. I think 3/4 of the people I know are involved in some way with State Farm. The rest mostly build and remodel houses for those people.:D

Mandelon
12-17-2007, 09:35 AM
I think that Aflac is like a low end gap insurance dealio. They've come into our shop a couple times, and done their presentation. They bring coffee and donuts, so that's why I let em in. Their main deal is wage replacement if you get hurt.
They also have a dental and a cancer insurance...maybe six lines of coverage total. Most premiums are pretty cheap, but so are the benefits.
A couple guys here bought into it. None have had to use it, so I don't know how easy it worked.

Super D
12-17-2007, 03:46 PM
I am an AFLAC agent (5 years now), among other lines and programs that my company offers. If you want the straight scoop, just pm or call me. Mandelon is close, but there's more to it...
What does any business have to lose by offering more benefits to their employees, tax-deducted, with no cost to the business? Ultimately, it protects the employer AND the employee. And some of the plans would be very hard or impossible to obtain in the outside market (simple-issue disability and life, for example). It is not a hard-sell and no arm twisting involved (unless you're an a-hole rep to begin with).
Yes, there are too many reps, but if you work hard and stick with it, it will work for you (but ain't nothin' easy).
My website for more info on medical, tool reimbursements, supplemental, etc.
www.benefitprosinc.com
my .02:D

rodnjen
12-17-2007, 04:40 PM
As a purchaser and an employer, we have not been very happy with them. Check out the product closely if you are going to be selling it.