PDA

View Full Version : Help with Penske truck rental

Zeug
03-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Has anyone out there noticed what type of hitch the Penske trucks are using? I want to tow my boat behind the 26' truck but Penske tell's me it wont work.
They are saying they use a special hitch for their equiptment only. But wont tell me what makes it special. I cant tell if they are feeding me BS or not. They also told me if I get caught my rental is voided.
Still, I just got hung out to dry by a ***boater who kept telling me he was buying my boat and now wont return my calls. I am moving to CO on the 15th and am out of time. So now I have to tow it behind the moving truck because my truck is not coming back from CO. Unless of course someone wants to buy my boat ASAP. :cool: Ill make you a great deal!
Damn, I wish people would just do what they say or say what they are really going to do. :rollside:
Thanks for the help,
Kent

clownpuncher
03-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Sounds like a familiar story. Sorry to hear about it. It does suck
If you want to sell it maybe you can post some more info?

OGShocker
03-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Still, I just got hung out to dry by a ***boater who kept telling me he was buying my boat and now wont return my calls.
Kent
Karl? Is that you? Very creative SPAM buddy!
Tow your boat, what is Roger going to do? repo the truck? Should be a 6000lb hitch, tounge weight of 500lb. That is ONLY a guess...

YeLLowBoaT
03-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Actually all of the truck rental place won't let you tow anything, but 1 of thier trailer. AS long as the coupler and ball are the same size... just don't tell them about.

uvindex
03-07-2006, 03:30 PM
...just don't tell them about.This only works until you get into a gigantic accident with lots of death and injuries. The rental company tends to find out when this happens and the renter is up shiat creek without a paddle (and may end up being liable for property damage and injuries and even for the rented truck itself, since Penske's insurance company could say the renter wasn't covered when towing an "illegal" trailer). I wouldn't risk it, but that's just me. :boxed:

BOBALOO
03-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Good luck with the sale of your boat. I found that almost all of the rental car/truck places dont allow you to tow your own trailers when our old truck got wrecked.
Rent for Less in Whittier said "no problem" to me using their F-250 crew cab to tow my boat to Havasu, they even gave me a ball and hitch to use.
I know U-Haul prohibits towing.

Mohave Vice
03-07-2006, 05:46 PM
What size is your boat? Maybe rent a "2 axle car hauler" and put your boat and trailer on the hauler. Use their hauler and your legal!!! Good luck!

JB in so cal
03-07-2006, 05:46 PM
It's probably a standard receiver that you could slide your hitch ball on. Like alot have said; rental companies don't want your shiat behind the truck. Pay them money for a trailer or hauler and it's a different story.
If you have 2 drivers, get a u-haul pickup and tow it with that.

BRAWNY
03-07-2006, 05:56 PM
more info on your boat please:price and some pic's will do.

BRAWNY
03-07-2006, 05:57 PM
that was suppose to say price not rice.

Zeug
03-07-2006, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=OGShocker]Karl? Is that you? Very creative SPAM buddy!
QUOTE]
Ha good one. I saw the other thread and knew someone would jump me. :)

Zeug
03-07-2006, 08:22 PM
What size is your boat? Maybe rent a "2 axle car hauler" and put your boat and trailer on the hauler. Use their hauler and your legal!!! Good luck!
Yep tried that too. They say same deal as towing the trailer....NO!
Penske has a list of approved cars you can tow onthier dolly or trailers. :cry:
So if im doing the crime, I might as well not pay them the extra for the trailer.

Zeug
03-07-2006, 08:24 PM
more info on your boat please:price and some pic's will do.
I just bumped it in the Spam forum.
Anthony 18 (Southwind) (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1842045&posted=1#post1842045)