12-17-2007, 02:49 PM
pic was taken in western australia
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/pete454/snake.jpg

Outnumbered
12-17-2007, 03:03 PM
This pic is real I found this on www.Hoax-Slayer.com:
Snake Pulling "Cow" Photograph
Summary:
Email claims that an attached photograph shows a large snake dragging the body of a cow out of a gorge waterhole.
Genuine photograph - Description is inaccurate
Example: (Submitted April 2007)
Subject: FW: INCREDIBLE !
THIS PHOTO WAS TAKEN IN AUSTRALIA. LOOK CLOSELY ... THAT IS A SNAKE PULLING A COW OUT OF THE WATER !
View Full Size Image
Commentary:
According to this email forward, the attached photograph shows a large snake pulling the carcass of a cow out of a canyon waterhole somewhere in Australia.
Unlike many images that circulate via email, this photograph is genuine. However, the dead animal is not a cow, although it certainly does appear cow-like at first glance. It is, in fact, a wallaroo (euro), a stocky Macropod that is generally larger than a wallaby, but smaller than a kangaroo. Wallaroos are found in many areas of the Australian continent.
The snake is an Olive python, one of the largest species of python found in northern Australia. The photograph, taken in the Kimberley region of Western Australia, was featured in an article published on the ABC Far North Qld website in July 2005. The article notes:
The picture shows a large Olive python capturing dinner - a wallaroo or euro.
Note the size of the python, which if you look closely you can see disappearing out the right hand side of the frame. How much more of it is there, curled around the escarpment it so beautifully blends with?
The person who apparently took the photograph, identified only as "Jody" in the ABC article, added the following entry to the site's guestbook:
I hope you enjoyed the photo that we took recently while hiking in a gorge in northern Western Australia. The phython was not able to lift the wallaby after trying for approximately one hour. We left him catching his breath on a rock ledge above the pool.
Although the python in the photograph is certainly very large, the misperception that its potential meal is a cow rather than a wallaroo may cause observers to believe that it is somewhat larger than it really is.

havaduner
12-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Hmmm, that could cause me to rethink my vacation plans a bit.:idea:

HM
12-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Why, thank you. It's genetic. :D

Magic34
12-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Hmmm, that could cause me to rethink my vacation plans a bit.:idea:
Rethink??? There is no thinking about it. Cancelled.