PDA

View Full Version : 9 year old sandrail wheelie!!!(Glamis)

ravencrew
12-17-2007, 03:32 PM
How many people would let there 9 year old do this? Just out of curiousity?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFnf17cp3Eg

RiverToysJas
12-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Been here, done this.....
This very video has been debated many times, both here and on other forums. It's a hot topic with people having strong opinions in both directions.
I'll just say if it was my kid, he'd have a helmet on.....but I've never owned a rail, so I'm not an authority on the matter.
RTJas :D

HM
12-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Depends....is the sandrail on a treadmill?

HM
12-17-2007, 03:50 PM
And I will probably let my 9 year old drive the rail. If he can pull wheelies then I hope I have a video camera and post it on the internet so all the handwringers can tell me what a bad parent I am. :D

havaduner
12-17-2007, 03:55 PM
9 yr old or not, good throttle control to keep it going that long.

BEER&WATER
12-17-2007, 04:27 PM
that is not a sand rail ... that is a MINI VAN

ravencrew
12-17-2007, 04:38 PM
9 yr old or not, good throttle control to keep it going that long.
That's what I thought!! It also sounded like the dad had taught the kid a thing or two about the transmission and shifting sequence! I haven't done that with my kids yet, but they have both ridden in a race boat at almost top speed!

NorCalCat
12-17-2007, 05:13 PM
How many people would let there 9 year old do this? Just out of curiousity?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFnf17cp3Eg
Are you kidding? Cool video, but come on. 9 years old, no helmet?
Sorry, this is one of the dumbest things I have seen. That boarders on child endangerment! They should find this guy and fine the crap out of him.
My god!

OGShocker
12-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Sorry, this is one of the dumbest things I have seen. That boarders on child endangerment! They should find this guy and fine the crap out of him.
My god!
I feel the same way! That father is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Caribbean Jet
12-17-2007, 05:59 PM
My god!
I agree. Not only is it endangering the child but others as well. A 9 year old can not make a rational decision if something goes wrong.

slowinhavasu
12-17-2007, 06:05 PM
My god!
Well said...

2forcefull
12-17-2007, 09:33 PM
No comment

stoker22405
12-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Kid seems to be a Great driver.....Better then some of the adults I have seen out there....

bonesfab
12-17-2007, 10:32 PM
That was a pretty good wheelie. I did not see any other people around for the most part. Not like it was done during a holiday weekend or something. If the kid was raised around it from birth and a bright kid, I dont really see a problem with it. The no helmet is defiently questionable.

maxwedge
12-17-2007, 10:48 PM
that is not a sand rail ... that is a MINI VAN
:D

dmontzsta
12-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Give the Dad a break about the helmet. He was probably drunk and didnt even think about it, no big deal...geeeez. :devil:

Bense468
12-18-2007, 12:10 AM
I agree. Not only is it endangering the child but others as well. A 9 year old can not make a rational decision if something goes wrong.
You could say probably with 90 percent of the drivers on the road. I didn't start doing them until 10 with my dad in the rail.

Baja Big Dog
12-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Please stop this video, its the at least he forth time its been posted.....:D

boatnam2
12-18-2007, 09:06 AM
that was cool but what about the ghetto video next to it try Longest 4 Wheeler Wheely on U Tube.classic

HM
12-18-2007, 09:15 AM
that was cool but what about the ghetto video next to it try Longest 4 Wheeler Wheely on U Tube.classic
Damn...that is a long wheelie...on the freeway...with no helmet. Classic.
On the video, he holds that wheelie from 1:30 to 5:16...and a red light stopped him...go figure. :D

boatnam2
12-18-2007, 09:18 AM
Damn...that is a long wheelie...on the freeway...with no helmet. Classic.
is that funny or what... straight out of compton or alanta

RiverDave
12-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Can somebody answer me a simple question?
Why does the kid need to wear a helmet when he's in a full cage?
Do you wear a helmet driving your car?
Or better yet, lots of people own rails on here.. I only know one that for sure where's a helmet becuase of a recent story.
Who here wears helmets while driving a sand rail?
99.9 % of the people I see driving them (myself included) don't?
RD

HM
12-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Or better yet, lots of people own rails on here.. I only know one that for sure where's a helmet becuase of a recent story.
RD
You should have the shit fined out of you for even posting this. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
RD SUX

bohica
12-18-2007, 10:14 AM
RD
My family and I wear a helmets 100% of the time, kids also wear neck rolls. At the speeds were traveling, I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Although most adults would be safe in the car in that video without a helmet, that kid wouldn't be. For one, the belts don't fit him, pillows had to be used as a booster. I would guarantee that the belts couldn't pull the kid back snug in the seat.
For what it's worth, the kids dad wadded up that car in a very serious accident a few years after that video. Came very close to killing him, was disabled for a very long time. Accident happened doing high speed wheelies at night, loose belts and hit a big sand mound coming down from a wheelie that sent him cart rolling.

OGShocker
12-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Can somebody answer me a simple question? No.
Why does the kid need to wear a helmet when he's in a full cage? When a rail rolls it has the effect of a blender on those inside.
Do you wear a helmet driving your car? Sometimes when I drink too much.
Who here wears helmets while driving a sand rail? We do .01% of the time.
99.9 % of the people I see driving them (myself included) don't? Why?
RD
Please refer to BOLD TEXT for answers to your questions.

Caribbean Jet
12-18-2007, 10:42 AM
You could say probably with 90 percent of the drivers on the road. I didn't start doing them until 10 with my dad in the rail.
I agree with you that 90% of the drivers are not capable of making rational decisions but they're still adults. He put a lot of people in danger. I also agree that the parent should have at least been in the car but it still wrong.

Slow What
12-18-2007, 10:45 AM
If I would have kicked the side of the car climbing in like that when I was a kid , Pops would have kicked my ASS !!!!!!!

boatnam2
12-18-2007, 11:03 AM
like bohica said, his dad is making a bad decision just from a safety factor go anywhere like maybe a drag strip and tell them your kid is going to drive who is nine but you have to put 3 peices of loose foam so he can reach the pedals and wheel.It is cool to see a young kid have the balls to do it but not wonder how cool it would be if the kid killed himself or someone.