PDA

View Full Version : the lowest price to go

fiasco
12-17-2007, 05:47 PM
does anyone have an idea on how to find out the lowest price that you could get them to go on a weekend warrior 37 cr . I found a place, but they want me to make an offer and i have no Idea how low they will go . and I hate this part of buying something . please help :confused:

Magic34
12-17-2007, 05:48 PM
does anyone have an idea on how to find out the lowest price that you could get them to go on a weekend warrior 37 cr . I found a place, but they want me to make an offer and i have no Idea how low they will go . and I hate this part of buying something . please help :confused:
25%-27% off of full retail pricing.

new2cats
12-17-2007, 05:51 PM
My buddy owns Simi RV....he said that if you can get 30% off sticker you have hit the bottom.....so that 27% discount is pretty accurate!
Register in CA but use the 90 day tax exempton to save another 7.5-8% sales tax:
See link (applies to RVs too)-
http://www.goboating.com/tax_exempt/index.htm

fiasco
12-17-2007, 06:03 PM
when you say 25% is that with tax on the price or without .if they say 62,000 sticker what do you think out the door would be .

fiasco
12-17-2007, 07:24 PM
:idea:

new2cats
12-17-2007, 08:10 PM
OK, here is an educated guess.
$62,000 sticker (retail)
-27% discount (-$16,740)
---------------------------
Subtotal = $45,260
x 8% (?) tax (+$3,620)
Reg./DMV (est.) (+$450)
OTD price= $49,330
This seems like a good price! Use $48K as shopping tool....call all the dealers and ask who will take $48K OTD.
Just an idea.
Good luck.
BB

catman-do
12-17-2007, 10:21 PM
I will save you a TON!!!!
First off, give me 20k cash.... See, the savings have already started! Then I will save you time in having to take your trailer back to have it fixed after every trip out. Then I will save you hassles in having to take your truck to the dealership to get fixed because the trailer is over weighted. Then I will save you the hassles of having to sell the trailer when you find out its a POS. Then I will save you the frustration of finding out how much it has depreciated because they are so over priced. Then I will save you time in researching why they have so many problems and how you can get revenge, and I will email you the link to the class action lawsuit. After all this, I will also save you the hassle of having to go to a dealership. I will personally come to your house and kick you in the balls twice! That was you get about the same feeling you get once you buy one of their trailers! Now what dealership will come to your house???? :D

Magic34
12-17-2007, 11:24 PM
OK, here is an educated guess.
$62,000 sticker (retail)
-27% discount (-$16,740)
Subtotal = $45,260
x 8% (?) tax (+$3,620)
Reg./DMV (est.) (+$450)
OTD price= $49,330
This seems like a good price! Use $48K as shopping tool....call all the dealers and ask who will take $48K OTD.
Just an idea.
Good luck.
BB
Exactly. He is right on there.
However when working that price down, you now know what the bottom is. So, get all the options together, get a retail price established. Then offer the salesperson or manager that price with the 27% discount and tell them to call you when they figure it out. Then, if there is another RV dealer next door, drive to it and park your car where they can see it from their lot.
Your phone will be ringing after about 5 minutes.

Magic34
12-17-2007, 11:24 PM
I will save you a TON!!!!
First off, give me 20k cash.... See, the savings have already started! Then I will save you time in having to take your trailer back to have it fixed after every trip out. Then I will save you hassles in having to take your truck to the dealership to get fixed because the trailer is over weighted. Then I will save you the hassles of having to sell the trailer when you find out its a POS. Then I will save you the frustration of finding out how much it has depreciated because they are so over priced. Then I will save you time in researching why they have so many problems and how you can get revenge, and I will email you the link to the class action lawsuit. After all this, I will also save you the hassle of having to go to a dealership. I will personally come to your house and kick you in the balls twice! That was you get about the same feeling you get once you buy one of their trailers! Now what dealership will come to your house???? :D
He is exactly right also.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-18-2007, 04:28 AM
25%-27% off of full retail pricing.
That's it right there.

BEER&WATER
12-18-2007, 06:13 AM
now is not the time to be buying toys from dealers

fiasco
12-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the input on this . definatly getting me pointed in the right direction.