PDA

View Full Version : Wireless air cards...AT&T or Sprint...any users out there?

STV_Keith
12-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Anyone using either of these services and an air card? A different service? Pros/Cons? Got a friend who wants to have internet while he's on the road. Thanks!

Singleton
12-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Have used both for work and Sprint is better. The download speed with Sprint is much better then ATT and service is better as well.

Mandelon
12-17-2007, 08:09 PM
I think T-mobile is cheaper.....?

rocket98
12-17-2007, 08:11 PM
I am changing from Alltel to Verizon. Verizon is much faster. My Alltel card didn't work very well. It kept going out every 10 minutes.

TCHB
12-17-2007, 08:14 PM
I have the ATT card and it works ok. It seems to work better when I am traveling across the country. I was on the east coast last week and it worked great. I will find a WiFi or connect on the Att network. I can not travel without it any more!!!!

OutCole'd
12-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Here's a good guy from Sprint if you need a hook up.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/member.php?u=11328

Instigators
12-17-2007, 08:25 PM
I use Verizon everyday and it works great. Fast for aircard. 59.00/mo unlimited useage. Just my .02:D

Garrddogg
12-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Verizon:D

piper
12-17-2007, 08:51 PM
I use the AT&T one. It's pretty good. I've never had a problem.

Jyruiz
12-17-2007, 09:23 PM
We use Sprint at work for our sales force, I use one as well and it works real good except for in Havi, it works in Havi but not as fast.

BajaMike
12-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Our company uses Sprint....works very well, and they are all getting faster as time goes on.
:idea:

Kindsvater Flat
12-17-2007, 11:40 PM
Talk to lucky about his daughters $8k wireless card bill:D

dm25advantage
12-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Tmobile is cheap but slow.
ATT is ok, better in the mid west and east coast.
Sprint and Verizon has the same speed but verizon has better coverage....
I run a Verizon Wireless Shop in in so cal and can answer any of your questions u might have... All the carriers have a trial period so get one and try it.... call me if anybody needs help...
Young
Vision Wireless
(Verizon Wireless Agent)
805-527-2222

Boozer
12-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Tmobile is cheap but slow.
ATT is ok, better in the mid west and east coast.
Sprint and Verizon has the same speed but verizon has better coverage....
I run a Verizon Wireless Shop in in so cal and can answer any of your questions u might have... All the carriers have a trial period so get one and try it.... call me if anybody needs help...
Young
Vision Wireless
(Verizon Wireless Agent)
805-527-2222
Verizon does not have better coverage then Sprint. As of current Sprint has the largest 3G data network in the USA.
AT&T's network is the fastest when on the 3G network however the 3G network is still growing and we do not have 3G in as many places as Verizon and Sprint. However we have EDGE everywhere our service works but EDGE is only 250kbps opposed to HSDPA (3G) which is 3.6 mbps. We are spending a crap load of money right now building out our 3G network so it should only be a short matter of time before our entire network is 3G (Current esitmate is mid 08).
If it weren't for the fact that I work for AT&T I'd narrow my choices down to AT&T or Sprint for an Aircard. Since I hate Sprints customer service AT&T would ultimately get my business.
T-Mobiles aircards are only EDGE. As of current T-Mobile does not have a 3G network and could still be as far as 2 years out before they have the 3G network up and running. They just don't have the budget right now to build out an entire 3G network that will compete with the big dogs.

Ike
12-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Well Boozer, I've never used Sprint but I use Verizon Access. In three years I have been across the country three times with it, used it in at least half of the states and only been to two places where I couldn't get on line. I have the expensive card made by Kyocera and it is definitely better than the cheap card verizon sells, but cost $100 bucks more.
The one thing that is never mentioned is how the weather affects these things. In the PACNW the rain or fog severely degrades signal quality. I have an external antenna. The external antenna on my motorhome makes a huge difference. I had a neighbor who has the same card and without the external antenna they couldn't get a signal at all while 50 feet away I was getting broadband.
I prefer the unlimited service which cost me about $80 a month but I have no roaming charges and can be on line as much as I want.

FOURQ
12-18-2007, 08:33 PM
anyone looking to get a sprint card I have one. I used it for a few months but didnt use it enough to justify keeping it its the Novatel Merlin S720 I will take $100.00 for it