PDA

View Full Version : Loader/ ock grate ?'s

Kenosobby
12-17-2007, 10:14 PM
I've been doing some searches and I am not finding what I am looking for... What is a loader? And does it replace the rock grate? also I am assuming it is a performance thing..but what are the pro's and cons to installing one? Btw my boat is a 21' Hawaiian 2 Step with Berk pump and BBF. all are stock.
the reason I am asking is that I am planning on doing some upgrade to the pump/motor along with interior and paint this spring and i am trying to put together a game plan on what I plan on doing.

jet4fun
12-17-2007, 10:26 PM
the loader replaces the rock grate. the only real downfall i can think of is that it doesnt block crap from coming in the pump as good as a stock grate. but if thats really a problem than you need to be a little more careful of where you're starting up and running your boat. talk to a reputable pump shop about your setup and plans and they can recommend a loader for you. dont just buy a cheasy one out of a catalog
and watch for beach towels, sorry mike------bandwagon

ck7684
12-18-2007, 05:31 AM
You might as well wait until you have your engine finished and installed to see if you even need a loader...having too much loader will just slow you down and if you need one you will be cavitating. What kind of mods to you have planned?

Kenosobby
12-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Tell you the truth I really dont know which is why I am starting with the research and questions... I am not looking for alot of top end..65 mph is plenty for me..what I want is a killer hole shot..

Xerophobic
12-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Tell you the truth I really dont know which is why I am starting with the research and questions... I am not looking for alot of top end..65 mph is plenty for me..what I want is a killer hole shot..
You wont need one at 65 mph
Cheers